XM Select package (no howard) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-26-2019, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
XM Select package (no howard)

Silly me, thinking that after all these years Sirius and XM would have really combined their services.

Imagine my surprise when my old Sportster radio died and I bought a new Onyx radio without thinking that there would be any programming consequence.

So now I find out that while Howard is available on the Sirius SELECT package, he is not available on the XM SELECT package.
WTF? Not to mention WTF? Who even knew there was still an XM package and a Sirius package. The front of my radio says SiriusXM afterall. What rocket scientist is not able to get the channel line ups straight between the two formats? Seems my options are

1. Trash my brand new cool Onxy radio and purchase a "new" Stratus radio which looks like it comes with 1984 technology.
2. Keep the cool radio, but be blackmailed by SiriusXM to upgrade to the ALL ACCESS package in order to get Howard.
3. Cancel the service straight away and hope that Howard retires at the end of his current contract.

Am I missing anything??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-29-2019, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 55
The phone reps may upgrade to all access for free if you ask and explain why.
But indeed this is significant difference between the Sirius vs xm radios. The xm radio will give you some extra channels unavailable on the sirius radio as well.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tveli View Post
The phone reps may upgrade to all access for free if you ask and explain why.
But indeed this is significant difference between the Sirius vs xm radios. The xm radio will give you some extra channels unavailable on the sirius radio as well.
good luck with that! I would love to hear if they do upgrade you....I would either go with #2 temporarily or #3 get a refund and listen to Howard by other means....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page