Siriusxm radio streaming question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Siriusxm radio streaming question

Hi I have a Samsung blu ray player and for some reason the app not in the app store . I cant stream it on my cable box from comcast, or can I stream it from my smart television I cant download app too it .

what other options do I have besides using my smartphone and using maybe Bluetooth .My Pioneer receiver is not a network receiver but it is xm ready for the satellite antenna from audiovox . The model is audiovox cnp-1000 for it and I don't have it the cost for a antenna is about 50 bucks off ebay . I would love too find a working one for half that price . I bought the receiver used and paid 150 cash . so spending 50 bucks is like spending 1/3 of the cost of the receiver .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 01:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Chromecast...??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries | @dtv757
post #3 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 02:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Roku?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckland23 View Post
Hi I have a Samsung blu ray player and for some reason the app not in the app store . I cant stream it on my cable box from comcast, or can I stream it from my smart television I cant download app too it .

what other options do I have besides using my smartphone and using maybe Bluetooth .My Pioneer receiver is not a network receiver but it is xm ready for the satellite antenna from audiovox . The model is audiovox cnp-1000 for it and I don't have it the cost for a antenna is about 50 bucks off ebay . I would love too find a working one for half that price . I bought the receiver used and paid 150 cash . so spending 50 bucks is like spending 1/3 of the cost of the receiver .
With all due respect duckland23, but your kind of all over the place in your post.

What are you trying to accomplish? Stream through the Pioneer Receiver?

Stream through the speakers on your TV?

There are many ways to accomplish what you "may" want to do, but more information is required on your part.

If streaming is all you care about, you don't need the antenna for the receiver. Just forget that and put it out of your mind.

Like mentioned above, there is Chromecast, roku, fire tv stick, through your phone from the siriusxm app, etc...

But we need more from you....

Also, what is the model number of your Pioneer Receiver? It will provide more info on what your receiver can do, connection wise, if that is your goal...

Last edited by STEELERSRULE; 02-24-2020 at 10:19 AM.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
With all due respect duckland23, but your kind of all over the place in your post.

What are you trying to accomplish? Stream through the Pioneer Receiver?

Stream through the speakers on your TV?

There are many ways to accomplish what you "may" want to do, but more information is required on your part.

If streaming is all you care about, you don't need the antenna for the receiver. Just forget that and put it out of your mind.

Like mentioned above, there is Chromecast, roku, fire tv stick, through your phone from the siriusxm app, etc...

But we need more from you....

Also, what is the model number of your Pioneer Receiver? It will provide more info on what your receiver can do, connection wise, if that is your goal...
First off your right sorry . Ok I own a pioneer vsx82tsx receiver and I would like too know what antenna can I use . I seen a post about the audiovox cpn -1000 and ebay has a newer version XM Direct Home Tuner BXHD2H1 39 bucks can I use this one if I want too go direct off the satellite . I do have a receiver in my car so I do get free internet access to sirsius xm for streaming . my model don't have the option for a network hookup ive got the older xm ready type . I really don't want too spend much on the connect and play antenna if I can , ill have too pay for a second tuner radio subscription which I want too avoid .But I do know if I'm off the satellite I get the best signal the internet tens too be crappy from comcast I play music choice from them the sound will go up and down slightly comcast just plan sucks . spectrum in Wisconsin blew them away and was cheaper .

so see what you guys can find out for me ok .
post #6 of 9 Old 02-24-2020, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
First off your right sorry . Ok I own a pioneer vsx82tsx receiver and I would like too know what antenna can I use . I seen a post about the audiovox cpn -1000 and ebay has a newer version XM Direct Home Tuner BXHD2H1 39 bucks can I use this one if I want too go direct off the satellite . I do have a receiver in my car so I do get free internet access to sirsius xm for streaming . my model don't have the option for a network hookup ive got the older xm ready type . I really don't want too spend much on the connect and play antenna if I can , ill have too pay for a second tuner radio subscription which I want too avoid .But I do know if I'm off the satellite I get the best signal the internet tens too be crappy from comcast I play music choice from them the sound will go up and down slightly comcast just plan sucks . spectrum in Wisconsin blew them away and was cheaper .

so see what you guys can find out for me ok .
The reason the volume changes is the way Comcast sends their Music.
Get a ROKU. They are cheap. Plug it into your TV, or amp depending on how you wire stuff, and download the app.
Its free if you already have a satellite radio subscription.

N5GGG
post #7 of 9 Old 02-25-2020, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlr View Post
The reason the volume changes is the way Comcast sends their Music.
Get a ROKU. They are cheap. Plug it into your TV, or amp depending on how you wire stuff, and download the app.
Its free if you already have a satellite radio subscription.
I agree with this duckland23. Go get a ROKU. Don't spend the money on an antenna for the receiver. Try this first.

It looks like your receiver has 4 HDMI inputs, and 1 output. It is a 2006 model, but it "should" passthrough sound/picture just fine to your TV(plus your speakers connected to your receiver).

Check and see what type of account you have with SIRIUSXM with regards to your car connection. They may be offering you streaming, and you don't even know it.

An easy way to find out is to either go into your account online using a computer.

Or download the SIRIUSXM APP onto your smartphone, if you have one, log in with your online credentials, and see if it will let you stream their service to your phone. Do this in your home using your Internet service. If you can, great. If not, then there are a few things you need to do.

You DO NOT NEED the antenna for the pioneer receiver. It is just a waste of money at this point. The receiver in your car, if it is the built in radio, is using the SATELLITES IN SPACE to receive the info it is getting, NOT INTERNET.

You need to find out what service, by either your online access or by calling them, you have from SIRIUSXM. After you find out, you will know the next steps you need too take.

But don't do anything until you find that out first, and report back here.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-25-2020, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
I agree with this duckland23. Go get a ROKU. Don't spend the money on an antenna for the receiver. Try this first.

It looks like your receiver has 4 HDMI inputs, and 1 output. It is a 2006 model, but it "should" passthrough sound/picture just fine to your TV(plus your speakers connected to your receiver).

Check and see what type of account you have with SIRIUSXM with regards to your car connection. They may be offering you streaming, and you don't even know it.

An easy way to find out is to either go into your account online using a computer.

Or download the SIRIUSXM APP onto your smartphone, if you have one, log in with your online credentials, and see if it will let you stream their service to your phone. Do this in your home using your Internet service. If you can, great. If not, then there are a few things you need to do.

You DO NOT NEED the antenna for the pioneer receiver. It is just a waste of money at this point. The receiver in your car, if it is the built in radio, is using the SATELLITES IN SPACE to receive the info it is getting, NOT INTERNET.

You need to find out what service, by either your online access or by calling them, you have from SIRIUSXM. After you find out, you will know the next steps you need too take.

But don't do anything until you find that out first, and report back here.
All Sirius accounts have free internet radio streaming free with a standard subscription .But I would like too do it without paying extra cash for roku or something like that . You guys are right comcast sucks there big crooks at one point they had Sirius xm not music choice for the music . Not even DirecTV has Siriusxm anymore only dish network satellite . I wont pay for satellite television I really cant see paying for cable television also . I like too drop the television part and phone and just get the internet .

My Samsung Blu-ray player has internet for apps but SIRIUSXM is not on I could download to my player , they just don't offer it .I hate when companies say this is my crap take it or leave it But your paying the bill .Also Hulu is not supported anymore on my Samsung player anymore .The same for older 2017 onkyo ,denon receivers they no longer support Spotify they thing oh well just toss it in the trash go buy a new one the software old .

I really thought comcast would have a app for siriusxm but they don't because they own music choice. all three of them charter , comcast, spectrum and time warner they all use music choice which sucks ass .No real D.J on music choice only on siriusxm .

So yes ive got the app I do get free internet access online streaming of SiriusXm radio everyone who had a subscription get free online streaming now .
post #9 of 9 Old 02-26-2020, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
All Sirius accounts have free internet radio streaming free with a standard subscription .But I would like too do it without paying extra cash for roku or something like that . You guys are right comcast sucks there big crooks at one point they had Sirius xm not music choice for the music . Not even DirecTV has Siriusxm anymore only dish network satellite . I wont pay for satellite television I really cant see paying for cable television also . I like too drop the television part and phone and just get the internet .

My Samsung Blu-ray player has internet for apps but SIRIUSXM is not on I could download to my player , they just don't offer it .I hate when companies say this is my crap take it or leave it But your paying the bill .Also Hulu is not supported anymore on my Samsung player anymore .The same for older 2017 onkyo ,denon receivers they no longer support Spotify they thing oh well just toss it in the trash go buy a new one the software old .

I really thought comcast would have a app for siriusxm but they don't because they own music choice. all three of them charter , comcast, spectrum and time warner they all use music choice which sucks ass .No real D.J on music choice only on siriusxm .

So yes ive got the app I do get free internet access online streaming of SiriusXm radio everyone who had a subscription get free online streaming now .
OK, so you have SIRIUSXM streaming available to you already. Good.

Now, what type of tv(make/model number) do you have? A lot of flat screen HDTV's have SiriusXM app already built into them.

What is the Samsung Blu-ray player you have(model #)? Surprised that does not have the siriusxm app on it.

After that info, you are going to have to spend money somewhere along the line.

Either get a ROKU Stick($40), or a little cheaper Bluetooth device to connect to the receiver, and or HDTV, and stream music from your smartphone(Android or iPhone which both DEFINITELY have the SIRIUSXM app). What smartphone do you have(make/model)

That is it. Those are your choices. And again, just forget the added antenna to the receiver. Waste of money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page