Russound Login issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2020, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Russound Login issue

I have a MCA-66 system with a Xsource streamer. I primarily use SiriusXM as my audio and it has worked well for the past 3 years or so that I have had the system. However, a few weeks ago I have been unable to get Siriusxm to work. The first error I received within the Russound app said something about “server maintenance is complete, log back into Siriusxm”, however I could never get logged back in. After a day or two I tried again and have now been getting an error saying “Services login required. Please contact your Russound Installer” (image attached from Russound app). I have been in touch with the Russound, Siriusxm, and the installer and no one seems to know what to do about this error. When I log into the system via PC, there really isn’t any setting that would seem to impact this.

I have tried reseting the Xsource player, but that didn't help.

I have tested my SiriusXM login credentials by logging into a few other devices and it works on Sonos, Alexa, and others.

Can you please let me know if you have any idea how to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image001.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2694768  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2020, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I should add that I live in Canada and my idea is that there was a recent update to the Russound Android APP and I think that update has caused the streamer to send login attempts to the SiriusXM USA site instead of the Canadian one and Siriusxm credentials are country specific - so I can't login via the US site.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2020, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

I came up with this theory since a Russound tech provided me with his SiriusXM USA test credentials and they worked fine on my system. The tech seems to think that my idea might be valid, but says he has no way to verify if that is really the issue and doesn't know how to try to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-08-2020, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thought I would add a list of things I have tried:

1. Reset the Xsource streamer via the web browser interface
2. Reset the Xsource streamer via the button on the back of the unit (10 seconds).
3. Tried both Android and iPhone myRussound apps
4. Tried loading an older version of the myRussound app via APK to see if the latest update to the app is what caused the problem
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-2020, 01:46 PM

Hi, I had the same problem. It was a glitch with SiriusXM. I am in Canada too.

This is what worked for me:

I had to change my SiriusXM password AND sign in using my email address, not the username that I normally used for SiriusXM.

From the SiriusXM website, not from within the app.

I don't know why this worked, I randomly started getting the "services login required" and tried many things to fix it before this.

So to summarize: log out of the xm app if you have it, attempt to login on the Sirius xm website (I wasn't even able to, it kept glitching) somehow change your password and also try signing in using your full email address, not your username. After I did that, the russound SiriusXM worked right away when I signed in with my email as the username and new password!

If that doesn't work, maybe you could try changing your username as well. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page