Yamaha A3040 Receiver problem with SiriusXm Access Error - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2020, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha A3040 Receiver problem with SiriusXm Access Error

I don't know if anyone else with an older Yamaha receiver is having a problem with SiriusXM. I received an email from Yamaha USA that some Yamaha receivers could experience problems with SiriusXm in March. I did not think I had a problem until this past weekend. After SiriusXm plays on my A-3040 receiver for 30 min, the music stops and when I try to restart it I get an Access Error on the display. I tried contacting SiriusXm and Yamaha, I was unable to get through to either one, probably due to the virus. Has anyone else had problems with SiriusXm on their Yamaha receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2020, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
XMn access error.

I have a RX3070 with the same issue. I was able to get through to Yamaha but they could not fix it. They suggested having XM to "reset" my account. Have not tried that yet. A bit frustrating.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2020, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShlansky View Post
I have a RX3070 with the same issue. I was able to get through to Yamaha but they could not fix it. They suggested having XM to "reset" my account. Have not tried that yet. A bit frustrating.
I have an RX2070 that burped only once since the March 31 announcement, when I was forced to re-login to the Sirius portion of the Musicast app. After that it's worked sufficiently for me, fingers crossed...
You may wish to try re-logging into Sirius/XM through the Musicast app, and even hooking the receiver up to ethernet.
I run the Sirius through ethernet because the wi-fi portion couldn't sustain itself and gave me access errors even with a strong wi-fi network signal present.

The Sirius portion of the Yamaha interface is buggy to be sure. Often the display freezes on the incorrect song title. It occasionally hiccups and downgrades the stream resolution, but switching channels back and forth usually rectifies this. But if you switch channels back and forth too abruptly it can hang the machine, so then you have to turn it off and on before it acts normally again.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2020, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by longwong View Post
I have an RX2070 that burped only once since the March 31 announcement, when I was forced to re-login to the Sirius portion of the Musicast app. After that it's worked sufficiently for me, fingers crossed...
You may wish to try re-logging into Sirius/XM through the Musicast app, and even hooking the receiver up to ethernet.
I run the Sirius through ethernet because the wi-fi portion couldn't sustain itself and gave me access errors even with a strong wi-fi network signal present.

The Sirius portion of the Yamaha interface is buggy to be sure. Often the display freezes on the incorrect song title. It occasionally hiccups and downgrades the stream resolution, but switching channels back and forth usually rectifies this. But if you switch channels back and forth too abruptly it can hang the machine, so then you have to turn it off and on before it acts normally again.

Good luck.
I am hardwired to my network. I have tried to relogin via musicast but then is when I get the access error.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2020, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShlansky View Post
I am hardwired to my network. I have tried to relogin via musicast but then is when I get the access error.
If you can't get the SXM login to work through the Musicast app, try logging in and out of your SXM account on a regular computer browser, then log back in on the Musicast app again.
Sometimes that might be enough to reset things. When you're logged in on the browser, you may also want to make sure that your streaming account designation hasn't changed.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2020, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I did delete the account from my receiver and then sign in again with my user name and password. I played 1 station and it worked about 45 min then stopped playing, when I tried to restart it I got the access error message. I shut the receiver off for about 3 min and then restarted it with SiriusXm still selected. It began to play normally again is still on. It is weird that it only plays for a while then stops. The alternative is that I can just stream from my SiriusXm app thru Airplay. The sound quality is better thru the receiver's SiriusXm input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page