XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 129Likes

post #871 of 874 Old 07-13-2019, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2384 Post(s)
Liked: 2020
I did. Several times, and acknowledged the email each time.
Lot losing sleep over it, but thanks for the suggestion.
Michael

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-au...l#post22789786
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 874 Old 07-16-2019, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion-man View Post
Does anybody know whether the "ZWINBACK" or other $77 promos for renewal are still valid?<br>
I used it last year but I don't want to try it again without knowing whther it is still valid and end up screwing up any chance I might have for a discount.
I don't have a code but they want me to reactivate a dead radio for $29 for 6 months? Maybe you have an old radio to reactivate?
post #873 of 874 Old 07-16-2019, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 228
I do like the new app and u can create radio stations by artist

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 874 Old 08-06-2019, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Angry This is getting old….

All I can tell you is DO NOT miss the renewal deadline on your promo. It's painful to get a bill at the current rate. Set a reminder, then set it again, then make sure SiriusXM is whitelisted for your email— do anything it takes not to forget. Give yourself a little grace period so you don't snooze that reminder into a full priced renewal. You may ultimately cancel, but getting a full rate bill from SiriusXM just hurts after 7 years of chasing their rates. It's my own fault… but damn if SiriusXM customer service isn't so hit and miss, that even though I knew I was negligent, I hated them just the same after the first of 3 calls and nearly 2 hrs to get it resolved.

Long and short: After two accounts renewed at full price I was able to get the charges reversed (courtesy credits) and promos put back in place. I removed Travel Link & NavTraffic for my 2013 Volt, as I don't use the nav anymore and the travel info (gas, weather, etc) never worked when I thought of using it.

Here's what I now have on each:

XM Select Light 6 Month @ $29.94 (no streaming)
U.S. Music Royalty Fee @ 6.41
No Billing or Re-Activation Fee

Called 866-635-2349 and followed the prompts for cancellation. I started polite but got progressively more frustrated with the rep offering me laughable promos. I asked to speak to a supervisor, saying that I thought I wanted to cancel my service. I seriously was expecting to, unless the next supervisor could help. I was put on hold for a long time. Honestly, I was so frustrated I finally hung up and decided to call when I'd cooled down and was home with a computer in front of me.

On my way back my SiriusXM service shut off.

Second rep, after I explained my previous experience (I'd not confirmed cancellation with anyone), apologized and got my previous promo back in place and refunded me the prorated month of full price charges I'd incurred. We got disconnected as she was doing the same for my wife's vehicle. Good times…

3rd rep, after back and forth holds with a supervisor I never spoke to, matched the promo and service refund for my wife's car. It was not without my having to repeat myself so many times I thought I was crazy.

Again, I went into this thing having screwed up. Maybe I'm a cheap little bitch, but this is a thread dedicated to discounts, so you're here if you're trying to get the most affordable price. I got that. But heck if I'm willing to do it anymore. There comes a point when the savings, the time spent and the service don't add up to the hassle. I'll never pay full price for this service. So if they don't match, or get close, next time, I'm cancelling. It's just not worth what you get, not with a little box in your pocket with every kind of entertainment you could ever wish for.

As usual, my honest disclaimer: I'm fully prepared to cancel my service.

And for what it's worth, I've never been offered a 12 month promo that rivaled the 6 month promos. Otherwise I'd gladly go for that. Anything to delay the pain.

Hope this helps others out there!
Mr.G and AlexanderDelarg like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page