Panasonic DMR-EH50 Remote Issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic DMR-EH50 Remote Issues

I hadn't used my EH50 in years and one day tried to burn some DVD's from the HDD. The remote control would not work. none of the buttons react, even the POWER button. The machine does work. I am able to play a video from the HDD. I tried purchasing another remote but that one did not respond either. I have dozens of videos on the HDD that need to be Pulled and can not without a working remote. Any Ideas? I did remove the top and noticed a lithium battery. Can anyone tell me why this battery is in there and can it be replaced.

Thank you in advance for your assistance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 948
The battery in there is for the memory on board NOT for the remote. Sent you a PM .

MickinCT
post #3 of 3 Old 08-31-2019, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Sounds like my EH58 I bought used, was supposed to work but I think the guy dropped it bringing it to me at our meeting spot (the original box it was in was falling apart...). Too long of drive to return it for the price I paid.

Anyhow I did some web searching and it appears they are known for remote sensor mortality; That is the IR sensor on the EH, not the remote control. My remote control worked on my Panasonic TV but not the EH and a universal remote gave me the same result.

Now if you see ANY response on your display then the sensor is good. In my case there is none. If you see something then it could have somehow got programmed to a different remote code if yours is like mine and has multiple programming code capability (i.e. for folks with multiple recorders so each remote doesn't control the wrong recorder). Check out your manual to see and how to get it back to the main code if you're so lucky that this is your scenario.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page