Looking for Pioneer GGV1302 disc - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-29-2020, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Looking for Pioneer GGV1302 disc

Hello,

I am looking for the Pioneer GGV1302 disc (or any other Type1 disc), does anyone know where to DL a copy, been searching around but most of the links are dead.

Regards
Prot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-30-2020, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by protte View Post
Hello,

I am looking for the Pioneer GGV1302 disc (or any other Type1 disc), does anyone know where to DL a copy, been searching around but most of the links are dead.

Regards
Prot
You might try www.pioneerfaq.info, but hurry the Pioneer Info pages are scheduled for deletion in a very few days, June 2, 2020 or 6 I think.

The hosting provider has changed business models and didn't think they could afford keeping them up any longer.. the hosting provider went business only and raised prices enormously.

Its a Super sad situation

I don't know of any other way to get the images and when its gone its going to effect anyone still holding on to a Pioneer DVR.

update:

I just checked and it appears they are gone.

Hkan might still hang out in these threads.

Last edited by jwillis84; 05-30-2020 at 07:56 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2020, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, highly appreciated.

Most references are to to HKANs site but it seems already down.

Found a type 2 disk with some googlehelp, but as of my understanding I need a type 1.

..still in search for GGV1302 if anyone can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-30-2020, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 68
You might be able to use a different disc.

If you explained what your trying to do and on what model, someone might be able to help better.

All I can do not knowing the true goal is to sort of throw ideas at the wall that might help.

This is a screenshot of an old conversion sheet posted to a forum in German many years ago.

I don't know if it will help, but take a look.

CAUTION ! : the Japanese and Asian models, even if they share the same numbers are explicitly (not) listed. I don't know if they would work on those.. I have a few I was going to test later this Summer to see.

Certainly [never, ever, never !] try to update the firmware on any of these models. The risk is too high you can get a version that is incompatible with your model and brick it forever.

I dunno about New Zealand (Oceania zone ? ).

I have one Pioneer recorder from there and its very unique.

The DVR-920, DVR-930 and DVR-940 "seem" to be from the same families designated by the second digit.. but they are so rare where I live its hard to tell. They aren't on the German datasheet for CPRM discs but I think they were only sold at "All or Universe" stores in the EU so they were rare even there.

I would really like to find a GGV1302 as well, but its a very rare and hard to find item. I think everyone who had that disc have moved on from this world.

My (guess) is the GGV1302 is for North American recorders.

My (guess) is the GGV1321 is for European / UK recorders.

I would (guess) there is a GGV for the Asian or Japanese recorders.. but I've never seen or heard of the actual number. It may have only been available in those markets.

I do know from visiting very old Japanese forums that one customer described the same procedure for replacing his hard drive in his recorder when a Pioneer technician visited his home to perform the hard drive swap.

I don't read Japanese, but Google translate will now take a screenshot of Kanji characters and turn them into English on demand. Google would not work with unicode cut and paste.. so until recently I had no way of reading these really old forum posts which are dying off and being removed as their posters are no longer around.

This is (also Theory) but I would (guess) a Type 1 disk is for North America and a Type 2 disk is for Europe / UK which might mean they are based on the old DVD Region codes.

So I don't know if Type 1 vs Type 2 refers to age or simply the region in which they should be used.

I wish I knew an old Pioneer repair shop or technician I could ask for sure.. I hate "guessing" all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer CPRM ID discs.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2734644  

Last edited by jwillis84; 05-30-2020 at 11:19 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-30-2020, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, great info, thank you

trying to replace harddrive in a DVR 520H
post #6 of 6 Old 06-02-2020, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Tried to send a PM, but I am not allowed to do so since have less than 15 forum posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page