Lightscribe - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-03-2007, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a HP equipped with a Lightscribe capable DVD burner. I finally figured out how to do this, but had to burn it 4 times before the still I used was vaguely recognizable. I realize that at least part of this may have to do with the fact that I used a color frame capture on a Memorex disc. My brother used a B/W frame capture on a disc from HP and got good results with only one burn. I realize that Lightscribe only prints in greyscale. I'm using Sonic's DVD PLUS software as provided with the machine at purchase. So my questions are:

What's the best software to use when burning a Lightscribe?

If color frames cause a problem for Lightscribe, is there software available to bleed the color out and so use it more effectively as a source?

Finally, the software I used gave me templates for titles and positioning of those, but is there software that will let me put titles anywhere on the disc, specifically, around the outer rim?

Thanks!

PatH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 275
I too have a LS capable pc burner, and was disappointed to discover that the pictures printed in greyscale, and not color. That was the biggest let down, since the ads and promos portrayed the results a bit more glowingly than reality. Since you have an HP, it probably has HP Image Zone installed, which is where Lightscribe labeling is located. When you start HP Image Zone, the image catalogue appears first. There you access your picture folders to select the photo you want.
Pick your photo then you click the edit tab. Under the Advanced tab near the top, you'll find B&W toolkit, which allows you to create a BW copy of your photo. Click the Create tab in the top toolbar, and options are posted, including Lightscribe. The picture you edited should auto appear in a preview window of the disc when you activate LS.
Text tab is where you select font style and size, and color-levels from white to grey to black..Placement of titles is however limited, but you'll need to check to see if Img Zone's are different from the Sonic software you've been using.

Doing a photo disc took my pc a very long time, longer than I wanted, given the final results. After that first usage, I stuck to simple text labels to finish out the spindle of LS discs...You results may vary, due to the system your newer pc has...

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page