Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 450 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1019Likes

post #13471 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost there View Post

I live in South NJ (near Philadelphia) and Comcast just changed their broadcasting format which has made my existing VCR/DVD R unusable.

Before spending $250 for the Magnavox MDR515, I purchased an RCA Digital TV Converter (# DTA800B1) (= converts over the air TV broadcasts for use on analog TVs) hoping that I could still use my VCR/DVD R. However, I still received the message on my TV screen that I needed a Comcast device to view the channel.

Anyone know how I can make it work?

I'd try putting an antenna on the converter box. Depending on how close you are to the Philadelphia antenna farm (Roxborough), simple rabbit ears might be enough. I brought my old analog Pioneer VCR/DVDR back to life with a similar converter box and a simple home made antenna in the attic.

For general antenna info see:
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=381623

Philadelphia broadcast area OTA discussion:
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=620626
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13472 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:

I live in South NJ (near Philadelphia) and Comcast just changed their broadcasting format which has made my existing VCR/DVD R unusable.

Before spending $250 for the Magnavox MDR515, I purchased an RCA Digital TV Converter (# DTA800B1) (= converts over the air TV broadcasts for use on analog TVs) hoping that I could still use my VCR/DVD R. However, I still received the message on my TV screen that I needed a Comcast device to view the channel.

Did you get the DTA from your cable company?

When you plug the cable into the TV directly do you get the message? I ask because you started by indicating a failure of the VCR, then went into a failure on the TV. I always thought a TV would say either "no signal" or "can not decode" on a channel. I wonder how Comcast can get its name into the error message. Honestly, I don't know what an analog TV would say since it can't tune the DTV signals. Probably just "no signal" or snow.

Add your location to the UserCP up on the top of every page and maybe someone local can give you better Comcast-specific advice.
post #13473 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Are you connecting it to the Line input? Antenna to converter box to vcr LINE IN, then watch/record the VCR on L1 or AUX1 or whatever the external line feed is named (and change channels on the OTA converter box). Sounds like you're still connected to the no-longer-working comcast cable and you *should* be bypassing the cable and connecting the external box on your auxilliary input to the VCR/DVD/R. (not your internal vcr/dvdrecorder tuner, if it has one) Also, connect the VCR to the tv by audio/video output , either with standard video + audio out, svideo+ audio, or -- if it's a relatively recent combo unit, you may have a Component or HDMI option. Dont try to use the RF antenna out/in to the tv.

Dont try to use the built in tuner on the vcr to scan for channels. Also, just ignore the cable. Dont connect it to the vcr. Just use the converter box to get the OTA signal (you may get 20 channels or so local and PBS channels over the air - you may need to realign the antenna to get the best reception), and feed the signal out from the converter box into the vcr's auxilliary input. You will not be able to record scrambled cable tv shows this way, as those now require a cable box to decode the signal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13474 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

You won't make that RCA DTA800B1 work with Comcast, it's a low cost over the air only digital converter box.
post #13475 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post
You won't make that RCA DTA800B1 work with Comcast, it's a low cost over the air only digital converter box.
I guess it wasn't supplied by Comcast.
post #13476 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

The RCA coupon box converter is for use with an antenna, not cable. The coupon program ended in 2009, see the first photo.

Our area has about three dozen OTA sub-channels broadcasting from three tightly grouped antenna farms about five miles line of sight west of our home. Comcast doesn't carry some of those sub-channels so the only way to get those services is with an antenna.

I've got some recorders set up for dual connectivity, i.e., with a Comcast cable box feeding the recorder's line input while the recorder's RF input is connected to an antenna. The second attachment is a staged photo demonstrating that dual connectivity method with a Magnavox 2160 (where the rear panel connections are the same as those with a 515). Since I didn't have a spare Comcast cable converter box for use in the photo I used a Zenith coupon converter box as a stand-in for a cable converter box. In order to avoid clutter the photo does not show output connectivity to a TV.

A lady from church had two of those RCA DTA800 coupon box converters but she had no idea how to set them up. My wife and I visited her and I set them up to her attic and indoor antennas. As she had only two RCA coupon box converters but three analog tuner TVs in different rooms, I set up one of my spare Zenith coupon box converters for her to use in the third room. Later she reported that the Zenith coupon box converter performs better than her RCA coupon box converters.

The third attachment is a recent photo of a Zenith DTT901 coupon box converter, with a paper clip for an antenna, in use in my bedroom. Even though our local antenna farms are west of our home the paper clip works well in my north-facing bedroom. The sub-channel seen in the photo was transmitting a 4x3 image when I snapped the photo but that sub-channel switches to 16x9 for widescreen material.
LL
LL
LL

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #13477 of 27999 Old 03-13-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Your RCA Digital TV Converter is, as you mention, for OverTheAir.

It does NOTHING for cable.

Comcast is, in most if not all areas, not just moving all cable channels to digital, they're also scrambling those digital channels.

Without some type of cable box, any recorder will be all but useless. A few analog channels and unscrambled digital versions of locals usually remain.

If you split your cable feed and send one line directly to a Magnavox recorder, the other to a cable box (and then feed the cable box to the Maggie by audio/video inputs), the Magnavox recorder will be able to tune the unscrambled local channels on its own, and record from the cable box using its A/V inputs. It will NOT be able to control the cable box's channel changes, however.
post #13478 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Guys, I hope nobody thinks I'm being totally insensitive about this, but a thought just hit me.

Where does Funai make the Maggie recorders? Where are their corporate offices? Their factories?

I mean, with the recent earthquake, tidal wave, and nuclear plant problems in Japan (yes, the national news got over here not long ago)...
post #13479 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 338
I'm guessing it's made in Malaysia or China and with something like this I'd guess the supply chain could hold 6 months or more of product. Now AFA something like the Toyota Prius(which last I heard was still made in Japan and were selling as fast as they're made) I'd be a little worried
post #13480 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post

Your RCA Digital TV Converter is, as you mention, for OverTheAir.

If you split your cable feed and send one line directly to a Magnavox recorder, the other to a cable box (and then feed the cable box to the Maggie by audio/video inputs), the Magnavox recorder will be able to tune the unscrambled local channels on its own, and record from the cable box using its A/V inputs. It will NOT be able to control the cable box's channel changes, however.

Question about this: I have yet to install the cable box Comcast gave me a month ago. I have a Mag 515 and have been recording off of Comcast Bulk which is piped in by apartment/Comcast agreement free. I still get locals, espn, TBS, PBS, etc but JUST lost MSNBC, TNT, Bravo, etc to that Comcast ditigal screen warning.

I will split the wall feed like above: one to 515 and one to box cable in. If I connect BOX and it goes thru digital install, etc. will I lose what I get with just co-axial to the 515 or will I continue to get the locals, PBS, etc right into my 515 after the second feed to cable box gives me all the HD etc.

I hope to connect the box cable out co-axial to an A/B switch with the no box coaxial so I can either record as I have been on the 515 or press B and turn 515 to 3 (turn the cable box to the channel I want) to record the stuff like TNT and MSNBC that I lost to digital. I had two Lite-on DVRs for four years (one still works) so the split idea is old hat for me.

Does this sound plausible? Will my locals and PBS, etc stay like the laundry room TV downstairs with no box once the digital install is finished? You guys and this forum made me buy the 515.

Thanks y'all!
post #13481 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I'm guessing it's made in Malaysia or China and with something like this I'd guess the supply chain could hold 6 months or more of product. Now AFA something like the Toyota Prius(which last I heard was still made in Japan and were selling as fast as they're made) I'd be a little worried

The Mags are made in a Funai-owned factory in China under Japanese supervision, as described here.

It's Panasonic that likes Malaysia.

Funai HQ is in Oaska, Japan, SW of Tokyo... right next to Kobe, where the last earthquake occurred.
post #13482 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleramon View Post

Question about this: I have yet to install the cable box Comcast gave me a month ago. I have a Mag 515 and have been recording off of Comcast Bulk which is piped in by apartment/Comcast agreement free. I still get locals, espn, TBS, PBS, etc but JUST lost MSNBC, TNT, Bravo, etc to that Comcast ditigal screen warning.

Before doing anything, rescan for Cable (Analog/Digital) channels and see if they moved some channels rather then deleting them.
My cableco isn't NEARLY as bad as Comcast and sometimes moves my digital channels around.
post #13483 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I will split the wall feed like above: one to 515 and one to box cable in. If I connect BOX and it goes thru digital install, etc. will I lose what I get with just co-axial to the 515 or will I continue to get the locals, PBS, etc right into my 515 after the second feed to cable box gives me all the HD etc.

I hope to connect the box cable out co-axial to an A/B switch with the no box coaxial so I can either record as I have been on the 515 or press B and turn 515 to 3 (turn the cable box to the channel I want) to record the stuff like TNT and MSNBC that I lost to digital. I had two Lite-on DVRs for four years (one still works) so the split idea is old hat for me.

Does this sound plausible? Will my locals and PBS, etc stay like the laundry room TV downstairs with no box once the digital install is finished? You guys and this forum made me buy the 515.

Thanks y'all!

You haven't specified -how- you get the "CATV" channels now. Are they analog or clear QAM? Are the local broadcast channels in clear QAM SD and/or HD?

I know that Comcast likes to screw the signal so you need their box. My cable signal is wierd but it's like an anti-Comcast since they publish the raw cable channel numbers.

It sounds like you have a DTA that only has RF ch 3/4 output, no RWY. So you are stuck with the AB switch for RF from the box. I lost all my analog cable channles above 20 last month, but still get SD that the 515H can receive. I also have a HD STB with RWY outputs when I need access to BBC or want to watch msnbc in HD. I expect it will take a while before things all match up and my channels stabilize.

Gaining or activating the digital box should have no effect on other cable channels. I have one too, but have never used it. That assumes Comcast does not cut your existing cable feed. That's illogical, but still possible. Then you would be screwed if the raw cable can't used by the 515H.

Since 90% of my time shifting is on clear QAM broadcast HD, I declined the cable company's HD DVR. I don't need it.

On the bright side, a friend had a similar situation in her trailer park. Comcast changed the feed, gave her a box, but then installed an AB switch since her TV has a QAM tuner. I guess they feel OnDemand use will pay for the box and other cable line. One can hope.
post #13484 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Before doing anything, rescan for Cable (Analog/Digital) channels and see if they moved some channels rather then deleting them.
My cableco isn't NEARLY as bad as Comcast and sometimes moves my digital channels around.

After my last rescan I'm down to 25 analog and 120 digital (inc 40 music). I installed my 515H today. No issues or problems. It will take a while to relearn the remote buttons. I checked and it doesn't glow in the dark. [ok, really bad taste].
post #13485 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Comcast makes me scared. The second to last time I channel scanned Comcast put the HD cbs, nbc abc up in the 98-632 range. I scanned again a week later and they were back at 4.1, 5.1, etc. God only knows where they will go if I chance it.

I also have the main three PBSs in the 26.1, etc down from 112-202.

I'm thinking bird in the hand.
post #13486 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Comcast makes me scared. The second to last time I channel scanned Comcast put the HD cbs, nbc abc up in the 98-632 range. I scanned again a week later and they were back at 4.1, 5.1, etc. God only knows where they will go if I chance it.

I can understand, but if you have a HDTV with digital tuner, that can tell you where they are. I auto-scan my HDTV to check for new channel positions, then use Manual Auto Preset to add them to my DVDRs. An HDTV's integrated analog/digital tuner is not nearly as suceptible to cable's "hide-the-channel" games as our hybrid (switched) DVDR tuners.
post #13487 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm thinking you already have a box since no TV or 515H will get a channel 202. Most analog cable stops at 135 and you can't display channel numbers over 99.99 on the 515H.

You haven't mentioned the TV model. Do you have HDMI from the 515H to the TV?
post #13488 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

You haven't specified -how- you get the "CATV" channels now. Are they analog or clear QAM? Are the local broadcast channels in clear QAM SD and/or HD?

I know that Comcast likes to screw the signal so you need their box. My cable signal is wierd but it's like an anti-Comcast since they publish the raw cable channel numbers.

It sounds like you have a DTA that only has RF ch 3/4 output, no RWY. So you are stuck with the AB switch for RF from the box. I lost all my analog cable channles above 20 last month, but still get SD that the 515H can receive. I also have a HD STB with RWY outputs when I need access to BBC or want to watch msnbc in HD. I expect it will take a while before things all match up and my channels stabilize.

Gaining or activating the digital box should have no effect on other cable channels. I have one too, but have never used it. That assumes Comcast does not cut your existing cable feed. That's illogical, but still possible. Then you would be screwed if the raw cable can't used by the 515H.

Since 90% of my time shifting is on clear QAM broadcast HD, I declined the cable company's HD DVR. I don't need it.

On the bright side, a friend had a similar situation in her trailer park. Comcast changed the feed, gave her a box, but then installed an AB switch since her TV has a QAM tuner. I guess they feel OnDemand use will pay for the box and other cable line. One can hope.

Right now I get free cable b/c of contract with building and comcast. Also, right now (at least while the box is not connected) I still get HD networks and CW, etc. HD PBSs. HD ION and then regular 480 espn, usa, cnn, hln, etc. (CNN says "480i SD" same for espn---HD cbs says "1080i HD). QAM i don't know. I can tune channels like 112.202 so maybe... 515 records like crazy. They won't cut it. Laundry rooms have no boxes and they won't because of the K.

I just got RWY--yes just red white yellow wire with a similar digital audio out. Oh wait--yes RWY--so instead of co-axial I could just record the box from L1 on the 515? That would save the need for coaxial plus A/B (EDIT: and messing with channel 3 or 4 on the 515?)?

I got a Vizio VW32L HDTV40A. I have a explorer 2200 box and a dta I got extra telling them I had a second tv/tuner. (Neither are connected yet) I got two very smooth A/B Steren 200-315 switches, two splitters and lots of co-axial. I got the steel--just gotta get handy with it!

Thanks.
post #13489 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post

Guys, I hope nobody thinks I'm being totally insensitive about this, but a thought just hit me.

Where does Funai make the Maggie recorders? Where are their corporate offices? Their factories?

I mean, with the recent earthquake, tidal wave, and nuclear plant problems in Japan (yes, the national news got over here not long ago)...

Funai have factories in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Thailand and Poland.
They manufacture many different "brand-name" products for other manufacturers, such as digital cameras for Kodak.
Their U.S.A. headquarters are in New Jersey, (hopefully not effected by the current flooding in NJ.)

More details here:http://www.funaiworld.com/company/group.html

post #13490 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Right now I get free cable b/c of contract with building and comcast. Also, right now (at least while the box is not connected) I still get HD networks and CW, etc. HD PBSs. HD ION and then regular 480 espn, usa, cnn, hln, etc. (CNN says "480i SD" same for espn---HD cbs says "1080i HD). QAM i don't know. I can tune channels like 112.202 so maybe... 515 records like crazy. They won't cut it. Laundry rooms have no boxes and they won't because of the K.

That .202 portion shows your cableco is doing like mine... their "higher-numbered" channels their box tunes to, like 202, is the subchannel number in the Vizio. You can look for those subchannel numbers in the Vizio to determine which cable-specific channels are where (like 112 in your case with the 202 sub).

Some of my old analog channel #s, like 12, 13 and 33 are now on digital 89.712, 89.713 and 89.733 on my Vizio and 89.1, 89.2 and 89.3 in my Mags.

The Mag tuner can tune 1-125 in analog and 1-135 in digital (primary channel #s).
post #13491 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

I'm thinking you already have a box since no TV or 515H will get a channel 202. Most analog cable stops at 135 and you can't display channel numbers over 99.99 on the 515H.

You haven't mentioned the TV model. Do you have HDMI from the 515H to the TV?

Vizio VW32L HDTV40A: Yeah--you're right about the 108.242 which is PBS. 515 rejects it. But the 515 does 108.1 instead of Vizio's 108.242. Same channel just different suffix.

The box isn't connected yet tho. Yeah, sorry--515-hdmi cable-Vizio
post #13492 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I just got RWY--yes just red white yellow wire with a similar digital audio out. Oh wait--yes RWY--so instead of co-axial I could just record the box from L1 on the 515? That would save the need for coaxial plus A/B (EDIT: and messing with channel 3 or 4 on the 515?)?

I got a Vizio VW32L HDTV40A. I have a explorer 2200 box and a dta I got extra telling them I had a second tv/tuner. (Neither are connected yet) I got two very smooth A/B Steren 200-315 switches, two splitters and lots of co-axial. I got the steel--just gotta get handy with it!

Thanks.

Sounding better.

First there are three types of signals. Analog or vsb or NTSC is what we have been using for 50 years. Next is digital cable or QAM or QAM256 which is what we call SD (480i or 480p) or HD (720p or 1080i). Then there is OTA also called 8vsb or ATSC. With a Blu-ray or a dish you may get 1080p.

The 515H and your TV are happy with your cable analog, SD or HD. In an apartment it can be hard to get an OTA signal. The 515H saves all recordings at 480i and does a great job of sending them out at 1080p with HDMI. I would use the HDMI button to make everything come out at 1080i. The use of the Progressive Scan option depends on your TV. Check it both on and off to see if you have problems with it on.

I would suggest that if you want to record something from your cable box that is not found by the 515H tuner, you should use L1 and RWY. It might be 4x3 or letterbox. It varies and there is a lot of information on this in post #1. Always use the 515H tuner when possible.

You did say 112.202? It's not normal to have three or four decimal points. My cable digital channels are 99% four decimal places. It makes my Sony DVR unhappy, and there are some channel number differences between the 515H and everything else I own. Not a problem. Complicated but more fun. The 515H should show 112.202 as 112.2 and don't lose any sleep over that.
post #13493 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM

From what y'all write it sounds like I will be able to keep my existing local, pbs and whatever cable remains now on the first split coaxial to the 515 and also the new stuff from the second split coaxial into the STB at the same time.

It also sounds like I can record STB shows to 515 doing the RWY from STB to 515 tuned to L1 and/or the coaxial split from STB cable out to an A/B switch shared by the first coaxial split from the wall into the 515 cable in. Two ways to skin that cat.

Sorry to beat a dead horse but y'all are on the dot with the help.

****No animals were harmed in the writing of this message***
post #13494 of 27999 Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

From what y'all write it sounds like I will be able to keep my existing local, pbs and whatever cable remains now on the first split coaxial to the 515 and also the new stuff from the second split coaxial into the STB at the same time.

It also sounds like I can record STB shows to 515 doing the RWY from STB to 515 tuned to L1 and/or the coaxial split from STB cable out to an A/B switch shared by the first coaxial split from the wall into the 515 cable in. Two ways to skin that cat.

Yes, you're are getting that right. The 512 will receive whatever 'in the clear'-meaning unscrambled analog and digital channels your cable system transmits. For an example, my cable box is connected to my Mag2160, with RWY cables into L1, and I'm watching Stargate Universe over L1 now. They haven't shut off the analog channels yet, and I can still tune to syfy on the 2160, but the picture is better on the cable box than the crappy analo signal Comcast sends out.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #13495 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Sorry to beat a dead horse but y'all are on the dot with the help.

****No animals were harmed in the writing of this message***

I would skip the bolded part. If you forget to switch it back, you may get a few black screen timer recordings.
post #13496 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtofly View Post

I would skip the bolded part. If you forget to switch it back, you may get a few black screen timer recordings.

Yeah, you know, if the L1 recording works I can't see any use for the A/B switch thing anymore. It can only bring disaster like you mentioned above.

And I assume I can program and record channel 5 then channel 3 and then L1 from the 515 just like normal.
post #13497 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, you know, if the L1 recording works I can't see any use for the A/B switch thing anymore. It can only bring disaster like you mentioned above.

And I assume I can program and record channel 5 then channel 3 and then L1 from the 515 just like normal.

Yes, but why record analog if digital is avaliable? Maybe you were just using those numbers as examples. You can, without much restriction, record any channel numbers in any sequence whether they exist or not.

On an earlier point. It seems the 515H can only say three things about a channel: show it, display a blank screen, or display "scramble channel". From that I can only presume that the message about a Comcast box needed is from Comcast. It is, therefore, not scrambled just blocked by your box or feed.
post #13498 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It has been over 48 hours since we changed over to daylight savings time and neither the CBS affiliate nor the FOX affiliate in my area have updated their time signals - both are 1 hour behind as a result of the change. I realize this is the responsibility of each local station so I thought I would ask what experience other users have had with this and previous time changes.

I have my 515 set to check one specific channel for its time signal and it has been flawless for over 3 months. Since the 515 was set to apply the daylight savings time adjustment it did so and when I awoke on Sunday morning the time was correct. Then, at 12 noon, the 515 made its usual time check and set the clock back one hour. PSIP data obviously not updated.
post #13499 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacdona View Post

It has been over 48 hours since we changed over to daylight savings time and neither the CBS affiliate nor the FOX affiliate in my area have updated their time signals - both are 1 hour behind as a result of the change. I realize this is the responsibility of each local station so I thought I would ask what experience other users have had with this and previous time changes.

I have my 515 set to check one specific channel for its time signal and it has been flawless for over 3 months. Since the 515 was set to apply the daylight savings time adjustment it did so and when I awoke on Sunday morning the time was correct. Then, at 12 noon, the 515 made its usual time check and set the clock back one hour. PSIP data obviously not updated.

Make sure your "Daylight Savings Time" option is set to Mar-Nov.
post #13500 of 27999 Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

I have not noticed any recent posts from you. I just wanted to express my hope that your family, friends, and associates are safe and sound. I am sure that the other members of the forum, who have come to appreciate your efforts, wish the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page