Help: Samsung HT-E5500 keeps changing source - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #121 of 146 Old 05-28-2015, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slorider3 View Post
You guys are joking right? No one heard of GOOGLE? There is a technology built into many Blu-ray players called HDMI-CEC.( Consumer Electronics Control)HDMI-CEC is an extension of the HDMI display port interface that makes it possible to send control commands back and forth over an HDMI cable. Which will perform functions such as turn on the TV when you power on the Blu-ray player, and/or switch the source to the proper input. Nothing is wrong with your device, it is supposed to do it. Why else would you power on the Blu-ray player if you're not getting ready to watch a movie, right? Once you power off the Blu-ray player it will (my samsung does anyhow) switch the input source back to what it was on before you turned on the player. If you do not like this function turn off HDMI-CEC, there's an option in the Blu-ray player settings to do so. I jave tested, after turning the setting off, it will no longer send commands to your TV.
Ironically, this actually worked for the separate but similar issue that I was having. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 146 Old 05-28-2015, 11:18 AM

Though, just to clarify, this is a workaround and not a fix. There is no reason whatsoever for my source to be switched, especially to one I'm not even using. But seeing as how I don't utilize the HDMI-CEC functionality, it's satisfactory for my purposes.
post #123 of 146 Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by espio1 View Post
Hi everyone.<br><br>
I'm having a really frustrating problem with my Samsung 5.1 blu-ray home theatre system (ht-e5500 model).<br><br>
The ht, hooked up to my samsung HDTV and speakers, has been working fine for six months. But since yesterday it has started randomly cycling through input sources, as if someone is mashing on a remote.<br><br>
I've tried taking the batteries out of all remotes and its made no difference - it still cycles through input sources randomly and often.<br><br>
The HT is connected to a Sky Plus box and games console, but still randomly cycles through source with other devices off.<br><br>
Any ideas?
We have had the same problem with the control panel flipping between inputs. We called Samsung - no help at all from them except asking us to send it in to repair and pay more money. And like many others on this thread, ours went on the blink shortly after the warrant period.

I have copied below a solution to the problem from RushFreak2112 - post # - basically need to unplug the connection for the touch panel - see below.

Thanks mucho RushFreak2112!

Also check out post #40 from sinoflan for a visual on exactly what to do.

We just did this and it has not flipped in 2 hours - a record! Will update in a week or so to see if it holds permanently.

************************************************** ****************************************

Originally Posted by RushFreak2112 View Post

Hey everyone...I ran into the same problem with mine, and needless to say it got VERY frustrating!

I read through everyone's posts and since I realized that I would have to either deal with Support, which probably wouldn't help much since mine is over a year old, or I would have to get a new receiver, I decided to take matters into my own hands. wink.gif

Because it's fairly apparent that the issue is with the front touch panel, here's what I did...

Took the top cover/casing off...then unscrewed the circuit board that's part of the front piece/panel...disconnected the touch panel from the board, and then put everything back together again.

Presto! No more problems!

Disclaimer...obviously the front touch panel will no longer work. tongue.gif

But...if you're like me, and almost never use it other than to open the tray, then you're all set. I always use the remote, which still works just fine, and the display (LED) still shows everything just as it did before I disconnected the touch panel.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 146 Old 05-31-2015, 05:52 PM

it works -we just tried it today.
post #125 of 146 Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Hello!

Had to join up just to share my new issue. Last year i followed the instructions on how to disable the Front touch display, and it solved my problem at the time. This year starting yesterday my player turned the volume all the way down and now displays "Volummin" on the display. I cant put the volume up or down and it wont let me switch into the other inputs. Went through all the standard troubleshooting and even contacted Samsung with no help. Its way out of warranty so im hoping someone knows another trick that i can do to it. This thing has been a headache to own, im just glad it was a gift.

Thanks for any help!
post #126 of 146 Old 08-08-2015, 06:50 PM

I just want to thank RushFreak2112 as well. Disconnecting the touch panel worked for me after 6 months of intermittent problems (after warranty expiration). Saved me a few hundred on a new system I don't need now.

Like others, I signed up for this forum just to say thanks.
post #127 of 146 Old 08-11-2015, 05:27 AM

I have an interesting twist on this problem. Like others, my HT-E5500 suddenly started randomly cycling through sources on the blu-ray player. To make it absolutely clear to people like the guy who says this is normal (it's not) here are my symptoms:
1. switch on the player
2. start smart hub
3. wait
4. on the display of the blu-ray player, the function ([F] icon) starts to flash
5. the player starts randomly changing input sources. On the display of the blu-ray player the input sources will display as "BD/DVD", "D. IN", "AUX R.", "IPOD", "HDMI1", "HDMI2" etc in quick succession.
6. at this time you lose the picture to the tv

For example, I could start watching a show in PLEX and a couple of minutes in I lose picture as the player starts randomly changing input sources.

Note that in the past I had the disc tray randomly opening error, so I had the front touchscreen replaced under warranty.

Anyway, in my case, it wasn't actually a faulty touch screen causing the changing input sources problem. I noticed when I powered on the machine that the disc tray made a clunking noise like it was trying to close. Anyway, after watching a blu-ray, the problem disappeared. I can only assume that the disc tray was not fully closed and this caused the randomly changing input sources fault. All working now (for the time being). Happy days!

So if you are having this fault, it is worth opening and closing the disc tray. If it solves the problem... good times!
post #128 of 146 Old 08-31-2015, 07:50 AM

Thumbs up Perfect - Thank you HEADHUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter5 View Post
After cleaning off the front touch panel, I haven't had any problems. It's been two weeks.
After several weeks of disruptions, I've scoured the internet, brought new HDMI cables, upgraded the firmware, changed around peripherals to the HDMI sockets and even changed batteries to the remote; nothing worked until i came across your answer. Hence i got a little alcohol drenched wipe and wiped the front panel and I've never seen the problem since. It has now been 3 months straight.

I have attached some pictures of my front panel just to give you an example of how spotless it needs to be. The front panel is ridiculously sensitive.

By the way I called up Samsung support who were totally useless as they suggested that I'd need a new disc-loading tray and since my HT-E5500 is out of warranty, I know Samsung will charge an arm and a leg for something I resolved with a little alcohol wipe that I got from my doctor for free .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150831_142252.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	916786   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150831_142214.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	916794  
post #129 of 146 Old 10-13-2015, 02:04 PM

My problem with this unit is a bit different in that as I have upgraded the firmware it has become more and more difficult to play new dvd movies. It plays blurays fine and even the odd copied dvd but it will no longer play any brand new dvd movies that I hire.
The only message I get on screen is that it is unable to read the diskand I should clean the dvd with a soft cloth....??

Any ideas? Thanks everyone
post #130 of 146 Old 11-21-2015, 06:43 AM

Outstanding help!

I too joined this forum just to say "Thanks!!!!" to all. I couldn't even watch TV for more than 5 minutes, much less even think about watching a DVD, without problems. Once I followed the instructions and disconnected the touch screen the problems completely disappeared - what a relief!!! I cannot thank you all enough!!! Only someone who has experienced this totally exasperating problem will appreciate what a relief it is to FINALLY find a fix. Outstanding!!!
post #131 of 146 Old 11-22-2015, 11:24 PM

thanks , worked reat

hi there i just wanted to join to others that you helped with this issue and must say great job , tok my only about 10 minutes and works great
post #132 of 146 Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM

Smile Ghost in my Samsung

[quote=sinofian;23923247]As promised...

Great it work on my dam Samsung machine!
after few month of trying some various solution that didnt work the ghost is finaly gone.
The remote still work fine and i dont need the buttons.
post #133 of 146 Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Hi
it work
thank i was to drop this machine in the garbage and now it work for 2 week now whotout any random door opening.
post #134 of 146 Old 12-02-2015, 12:14 AM

Have the HT-E5500 for little over 2 years, and seen seen the randomly opening DVD tray intermittently. Since a few days it did it every few minutes. This morning several times a minute. Lucky to find this thread, 10 minutes (some fiddling to get the front of, but real easy fix.
Thanks for sharing the disable touchpanel workaround, it fixes my problem it seems.
post #135 of 146 Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Unfortuantly after three years I found out that my reciever has a Touchscreen panel. I got the same problem. After reading a lot off post about the problem, we plugged out the Touchscreensensor. Thanks for telling how we can fix this problem
post #136 of 146 Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM

I had the same problem and i didn't completely disconect the touchpanel, but i cut away the last 2 tracks, only the function button will be disabled. You will still be able to open and close the blu-ray drive then !
See attached pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160106_205311_resize.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	1167538   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160106_205159_resize.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1167546  
post #137 of 146 Old 03-07-2016, 06:59 PM

I have disconnected the cable and can now enjoy a full movie without it changing functions. But now how do I change the FM tuner with out the square button from the front panel?
post #138 of 146 Old 05-23-2016, 06:22 AM

Thumbs up Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Woot! Thank you RushFreak2112 for the fix!! And thank you sinofian for the great pics. We followed the instructions and pictures you both provided and not a problem since!! Thank goodness! We were going nuts.
post #139 of 146 Old 06-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Liked: 10
Wanted to check back in on our machine. We had Samsung fix the problem (I posted about it in early 2014), but this past week it started up again. Obviously the unit is no longer under warranty, so I immediately took apart the box, disconnected the red front panel cable and put the box back together - voila! all systems go again. It saved us having to get a new system altogether (which we could not afford to do at this time).

Thanks to rushfreak2112 and all others who went before me. That is definitely the best workaround for anyone not under warranty or unwilling to pay to ship it back to Samsung, and since we never used the front panel buttons ANYway, no great loss to us.

Hopefully this machine will last a few more years, at which time we'll be upgrading not only our home theater sound but our TV as well. In the meantime, we're grateful to this site for having the solution to the problem!

Last edited by Jaynee; 06-06-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added more info
post #140 of 146 Old 09-18-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Snake View Post
Hello!

Had to join up just to share my new issue. Last year i followed the instructions on how to disable the Front touch display, and it solved my problem at the time. This year starting yesterday my player turned the volume all the way down and now displays "Volummin" on the display. I cant put the volume up or down and it wont let me switch into the other inputs. Went through all the standard troubleshooting and even contacted Samsung with no help. Its way out of warranty so im hoping someone knows another trick that i can do to it. This thing has been a headache to own, im just glad it was a gift.

Thanks for any help!
I've the same problem but with VOLMAX
When i connect the E5500 to power socket, it will auto turn on and volume will go up to 50/VOLMAX.

How can i fix this?
post #141 of 146 Old 06-01-2017, 06:11 AM

When tv take the sound out though ht-e5530 I don't hear anything

I have a Smart TV samsung and an ht -E5530, bought together, it work fine 2 year, but now I can't use it to take the sound from tv though, BD wise is working but the sound not. I don't have any errors and it starts not working suddenly.

So, I need help!

Thanks in advance!

ND
post #142 of 146 Old 04-10-2018, 06:11 AM

Works for Power Cycling too

In case someone has a Samsung HT-E6730W Home Theater, and it's power cycling...Off - On, or just turning itself
OFF after a little time.

This listed fix also solves that problem.

Thanks to OP for the solution!
post #143 of 146 Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 AM

I have an HT-H5500 that kept switching source. Resets didn't work. Eventually discovered that turning off the Anynet solved the problem. The SSS is connected to a Samsung TV.
post #144 of 146 Old 08-11-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3571 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerthat7 View Post
I have an HT-H5500 that kept switching source. Resets didn't work. Eventually discovered that turning off the Anynet solved the problem. The SSS is connected to a Samsung TV.
Typical CEC incompatibility issue. Can happen to any mfr with any of their devices. A lot of us just disable ARC/CEC and use an optical cable for the ARC portion and a programmable remote like a Harmony for single remote control (CEC) of your HTS. ARC/CEC can work fine for awhile and then just flake out. There are no updates to correct the issues either.
post #145 of 146 Old 02-14-2019, 11:02 AM

Finally solved

Thanks for all tips in this thread - Disconnected the front panel - problem solved!!! Thanks from Sweden
post #146 of 146 Old 11-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Hi there!

I have exactly the very same problem. My unit has no problem playing the bluray disks and copied (unprotected) dvd, while it does not access any dvd I bought.
It is always reporting me the message saying something like "unable to access the disk, please clean it up and retry".
No need to mention I did successfully watch those same dvd in the past on this very same unit and that no scratches are visible on the disks.
I fear an update of the firmware might have enforced/crippled the region settings and is preventing the unit from accessing the disk.

By chance did you manage to solve this situation?
Thanks for any feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier66aa66 View Post
My problem with this unit is a bit different in that as I have upgraded the firmware it has become more and more difficult to play new dvd movies. It plays blurays fine and even the odd copied dvd but it will no longer play any brand new dvd movies that I hire.
The only message I get on screen is that it is unable to read the diskand I should clean the dvd with a soft cloth....??

Any ideas? Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Samsung Ht E5500w Htib 5 1 Ch 3d Blu Ray 1000 Watts Home Theater System

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page