Surround Sound/Music for 4K TV Living Room - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-27-2017, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Surround Sound/Music for 4K TV Living Room

Hi there,

I have looked at the various forums and posts and feel like I would maybe belong in the HTIB category. I recently moved and purchased an LG OLED55B6P on sale. I wouldn't normally spend that much on a TV but I fell in love and splurged a bit as the TV is what is most important to me for sports and movies (I am not a huge audiophile and I can't dance either).

The place is already wired for speakers from behind but otherwise I'm starting from scratch. 4K PVR, 4K TV, older Bluray player, no receiver, no speakers ... my life is in audio shambles.

So I was looking for recommendations on audio setup with following characteristics:

1. that makes use of the existing wiring for 5.1 and be good for sports and movies
2. enamored by the idea of multi-room sound/streaming (Sonos? SoundLink?) with compatibility for at least one small Bluetooth speaker (my wife points out the Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II at every opportunity, so she may find it nice if sound could move to the terrace on occasion).
3. I'm not sure a receiver is required with just the TV, speakers, 4K PVR, 4K bluray (and maybe the next Xbox in the distant future) to complete my setup

The living room is about 20 x 19 but the couch about 11-12 feet from TV on stand/media unit. Rear speakers mounted on wall about 6-7 feet behind. I like the soundbar look but am open on that, though don't think huge speakers would be necessary. Overall budget $1500-1800 I would say (including speakers, receiver/music hub, nice if that included 4K bluray).

Thanks for your recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
4k tv , htib , speakers , stream , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page