Can someone build me a atmos system - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-27-2017, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BAMA
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Can someone build me a atmos system

for under $1000? looking for a 5:2 setup. Could go slightly over 1k if needed. thanks
tacos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 08-27-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 17,130
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7975 Post(s)
Liked: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
for under $1000? looking for a 5:2 setup. Could go slightly over 1k if needed. thanks
I assume you have a receiver and a subwoofer?

Use the promo code SOUND10 to get 10 percent off.

Three pairs of these:

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

https://www.qacoustics.com/home-thea...l-speaker.html

That's $945 after discount.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes...helf-speakers/

If you need wall brackets:

https://www.qacoustics.com/speaker-s...t-bracket.html

For less money, in case you don't have a sub and that needs to be part of the budget:

Three pairs of these along with the center above will come to

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

Wall brackets:

https://www.qacoustics.com/speaker-s...t-bracket.html

If you don't have a sub.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-55.../dp/B0071UQ8FS

Or these:

150watts 28hz $199 EMOTIVA BASX S8
200watts 27hz $299 EMOTIVA BASX S10

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 08-27-2017, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BAMA
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I assume you have a receiver and a subwoofer?

Use the promo code SOUND10 to get 10 percent off.

Three pairs of these:

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

https://www.qacoustics.com/home-thea...l-speaker.html

That's $945 after discount.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes...helf-speakers/

If you need wall brackets:

https://www.qacoustics.com/speaker-s...t-bracket.html

For less money, in case you don't have a sub and that needs to be part of the budget:

Three pairs of these along with the center above will come to

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

Wall brackets:

https://www.qacoustics.com/speaker-s...t-bracket.html

If you don't have a sub.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-55.../dp/B0071UQ8FS

Or these:

150watts 28hz $199 EMOTIVA BASX S8
200watts 27hz $299 EMOTIVA BASX S10

Thank you. Unfortunately i dont have a receiver yet lol.
tacos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 17,130
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7975 Post(s)
Liked: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
Thank you. Unfortunately i dont have a receiver yet lol.
No worries.

Here's your receiver, $250. Factory refurb are just fine (usually like new), and A4L has great customer service.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html

We'll make a small adjustment to the speaker choice to get you close to $1000 with a sub.

Two pairs of these; one pair for the rear and one pair for Atmos.

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

One pair of these for your front Left and Right:

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

https://www.qacoustics.com/home-thea...l-speaker.html

Here's your sub:

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-55.../dp/B0071UQ8FS

That is $1028.50 before wall brackets and cables.

Buy your cables at Monoprice.

If you want to save money on the sub, here's one for $100 cheaper; I have two in my secondary room and they are great little subs that punch down to 28hz.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...er-port/1.html

Use the SOUND10 discount at Q Acoustics and if you buy the cheaper sub I listed you will have a 5.1.2 setup, including receiver that will kick the ass of any $1000 Home Theater in a box setup you can buy guaranteed for a grand total of $922.50.

I sure hope you live in the US because if you don't no way could you put that together overseas for less than $2000.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 08-27-2017, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BAMA
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
No worries.

Here's your receiver, $250. Factory refurb are just fine (usually like new), and A4L has great customer service.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html

We'll make a small adjustment to the speaker choice to get you close to $1000 with a sub.

Two pairs of these; one pair for the rear and one pair for Atmos.

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

One pair of these for your front Left and Right:

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf...aker-pair.html

https://www.qacoustics.com/home-thea...l-speaker.html

Here's your sub:

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-55.../dp/B0071UQ8FS

That is $1028.50 before wall brackets and cables.

Buy your cables at Monoprice.

If you want to save money on the sub, here's one for $100 cheaper; I have two in my secondary room and they are great little subs that punch down to 28hz.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...er-port/1.html

Use the SOUND10 discount at Q Acoustics and if you buy the cheaper sub I listed you will have a 5.1.2 setup, including receiver that will kick the ass of any $1000 Home Theater in a box setup you can buy guaranteed for a grand total of $922.50.

I sure hope you live in the US because if you don't no way could you put that together overseas for less than $2000.
Hey thank you very much!
tacos is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 08-28-2017, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 17,130
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7975 Post(s)
Liked: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
Hey thank you very much!
No problem.

Doh, I see your location is "BAMA" so definitely in the States.

I've been at this stuff since the seventies and these days the internet direct phenomenon offers tremendous values if you know what to look for.

I had Q Acoustics Concept 20s in my home on loan from them as they were new to the market and wanted some of us to test their products as they were getting short shrift on AVS because the only reviews were ALL rave reviews but from "foreigners."

The are a UK brand.

Well the then $430 pair of speakers were every bit as good as the $798/pair of Martin Logans I tested them against and the $1400 B&Ws I tested them against.

You will be blown away.

That JBL sub sells for $550 on the JBL site so act fast on the Amazon offer.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-28-2017, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 17,130
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7975 Post(s)
Liked: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
Hey thank you very much!
Just got a notification; 20 percent off today at Monoprice.

https://www.monoprice.com/?cl=res&ut...70828_sitewide

HDMI cables; no need to get anything more than the cheapest ones, just select the lengths.

These carry audio AND video from your cable box, BluRay player or Playstation to the receiver and one HDMI cable then goes from the receiver to the TV, so you might need several at differing lengths.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/ind...ord=hdmi+cable

Speaker cable; no need to get anything more than the third one down, select 14 gauge.

Buy enough so that it will handle all 5 speakers; 50 feet might be enough, if not, 100 feet. Cut to length and then use a wire stripper that you can get at Home Depot to expose the bare ends which attach to the speakers from the receiver.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/ind...=speaker+cable

RCA cable, a single one is needed to connect the sub to the receiver.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2743

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 09-14-2017, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BAMA
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
About to finally pull the trigger on the JBL sub. Just wondering if you knew a reason for it being so much cheaper than other places? Seems to good to be true. Thanks
tacos is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 09-21-2017, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 17,130
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7975 Post(s)
Liked: 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
About to finally pull the trigger on the JBL sub. Just wondering if you knew a reason for it being so much cheaper than other places? Seems to good to be true. Thanks
I believe because unlike the picture on Amazon it does not come with speaker level inputs.

Clearly they are discontinuing it as well.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off