AVS Forum banner

Audio drop outs.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  B7k 
#1 ·
Hi a friend gave me his used consumer all in one 5.1 dvd and suround sytem by Philips and have weird audio drop outs every once in awhile lasting millseconds like a bad skip on a record. I'm only using it for sound Iv'e tryed troubleshooting this by checking the speakers their are no cracks or splices in the wires. The sound and video is sent out via HDMI from my PC to my HDTV from my HDTV sound goes out via digital coax to the all in one recever unit. I'm at a loss if it's the PC, TV, Or Recever. When playing video from the PC it has moments of skips in the audio not bad once in awhile like i said but if I switch back to just playing the video with out the receiver tied in just sound over the TV their are no skips in the audio only when I reconnect the audio to the receiver dose it happen. Ok now if I hook up HDMI to the TV to the Receiver and play a dvd that way no skips same thing with DTV broadcasts or playing VHS tape no skips. So could the problem indeed be the PC some kind of CPU or GPU hiccup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.