Onkyo HT-S3800 Home Theater Receiver HT-R395 HDMI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-13-2018, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Onkyo HT-S3800 Home Theater Receiver HT-R395 HDMI

I purchased the HT-S3800 Home Theater from Amazon in Jan. for my shop.

It has been great until a couple of days ago. I have a DirecTV Genie Mini connected to one of the 4 HDMI inputs, and 3 other devices into the other 3 input ports.
The HDMI Out is connected to a Samsung TV.

While watching DirecTV the TV started showing No Signal message, I connected the Genie Mini directly to the TV and had the same results. All other devices connected directly to TV were fine, none worked when they were connected to the appropriate HDMI Inputs on the HT-R395 Receiver.
So I assumed the Genie had died and something affected the HDMI on the receiver.

So, I had a DirecTV tech replace the Genie, which corrected the No Signal error on the TV when the Genie was connected directly to the TV.

Before calling Onkyo I would like to do a Reset To factory Defaults to see if that will get the HDMI to function but can't get the receiver into Standby. Per the manual the Receiver Power button on the remote switches between On and Standby.
Mine only power On/Off.

Page 36 of the manual shows:

Resetting the main unit
Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default.
Use the front panel controls to do this.
1Switch the receiver into standby.
2While holding down STEREO, press and hold ÍON/STANDBY for about two seconds.
3When you see RESET? appear in the display, press SURROUND. OK? shows in the display.
4Press DSP to confirm. OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings. Important •If the Standby Through is not set to OFF, you may not be able to initialize the unit.

How do I get into Standby???? Trying the steps to reset does nothing, I assume because I'm not in Standby.

If a Reset doesn't correct the non functioning HDMI Out problem, is it feasible to suspect the Genie failure could have damaged the HDMI board?

Sorry this is so wordy, just hoping to explain my setup.

Thanks much,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page