Need help with my HTIB pls - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2019, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need help with my HTIB pls

*I'm not an expert of audio whatsoever, so please explain in english if possible*I just recently bought LG LHD756W (i cant post the link, but im sure you guys can find it online.) but i was shocked to find out later that i didnt play movies off the USB. So now im stuck with this and since idk alot about it, can someone help me through this please. i wanna know if its possible to:
-play movies off my USB
-connect my PC to it, so that i can use the surround sound speakers
-connect my xbox to it for the same reason as PC

And if its possible in any way to get the use of the speakers by another device. like for example if i buy an av receiver and connect my speakers to it, will it help sort my problems? or maybe buy another dvd player and connect my speakers to that instead.
Thanks alot for your patience, and yes i should've researched it before buying... sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1895 Post(s)
Liked: 2662
According to the owner's manual, you can play videos off the USB. They just have to be in the format specified on pg. 8.

You can use the analogue input (L+R RCA connections) and the digital optical input to stream audio from other devices to the unit (and through it to the speakers).
post #3 of 3 Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar834 View Post
*I'm not an expert of audio whatsoever, so please explain in english if possible*I just recently bought LG LHD756W (i cant post the link, but im sure you guys can find it online.) but i was shocked to find out later that i didnt play movies off the USB. So now im stuck with this and since idk alot about it, can someone help me through this please. i wanna know if its possible to:
-play movies off my USB
-connect my PC to it, so that i can use the surround sound speakers
-connect my xbox to it for the same reason as PC

And if its possible in any way to get the use of the speakers by another device. like for example if i buy an av receiver and connect my speakers to it, will it help sort my problems? or maybe buy another dvd player and connect my speakers to that instead.
Thanks alot for your patience, and yes i should've researched it before buying... sorry.

How the surround speakers are powered will determine options for hooking them up. If you are running them off your PC (powered speakers) why don't you just use the USB off the PC for the movies?

Music, more music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
dvd player , lg htib , speakers , Surround Sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page