Liked: 0
Not getting desired effect

I have the following set up at home in my hall:

* Denon AVR X1500H
* Pioneer FS 52 Front Left and RIght floorstanding speakers
* Pioneer C22 center speaker
* Philips surround speakers
* SVS PB 1000

Now I am not happy with the center channel especially, and I plan to replace it with something else and that's where I need the help of you experts to tell me what is the center channel speaker I should be looking at that's not in a very high or very low budget. 20k - 30k is good. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-14-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Where are you posting from? 20K-30k US is a lot of money. Knowing where you are helps to make recommendations based on what is available in your area.

That being said, the Pioneer C22 gets a lot of complaints by users on these forums. There are a lot of options that will outperform the Pioneer center. I would begin by looking at major brands like Elac, Klipsch, Q Acoutsics, among others. I would also include SVS center speakers since you have an SVS sub which means that brand is available to you as well. Good luck on your search I'm sure you will find a center that is definitely better than the one you are currently using.
balnanj likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-14-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Forget the center channel and go phantom. You'll be so much happier.
balnanj and Leon! like this.

Main: Mitsubishi 73736|OTA|fireTV|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 - DIY 12" Subs|Behringer KM750|2 Bass Shaker|APC H15 Power Conditioner|Harmony Hub|Sennheiser RS 160|SMSL B1 BT Rx|Linksys SE2500
MBR: Vizio VF550M|OTA|fireTV3|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Dayton SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin Bridge|Belkin PF30|Harmony 550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)
Liked: 2265
One of these:

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=dali+cente...f=nb_sb_noss_1

Or:

https://www.amazon.in/Mission-MH-028...ateway&sr=8-26

One more:

https://www.amazon.in/Acoustics-Cent...ateway&sr=8-80

All of the above will give you clean vocals, far surpassing the current center channel speaker. You might take a look at the matching L&R speakers from each company and see if there are any that appeal to you, then just pick the center that matches and you will be "upgrade ready" when the time comes.

If you cannot get out and listen to any of these brands, then peruse the What Hifi reviews for clues as to which sound signature you might like. Or just pick based on size, price, or looks ....
balnanj likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 05-15-2019 at 04:41 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarc View Post
Where are you posting from? 20K-30k US is a lot of money. Knowing where you are helps to make recommendations based on what is available in your area.

That being said, the Pioneer C22 gets a lot of complaints by users on these forums. There are a lot of options that will outperform the Pioneer center. I would begin by looking at major brands like Elac, Klipsch, Q Acoutsics, among others. I would also include SVS center speakers since you have an SVS sub which means that brand is available to you as well. Good luck on your search I'm sure you will find a center that is definitely better than the one you are currently using.
Thanks and I am in bangalore, india. SVS is pretty highly priced though they are great.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

All of the above will give you clean vocals, far surpassing the current center channel speaker. You might take a look at the matching L&R speakers from each company and see if there are any that appeal to you, then just pick the center that matches and you will be "upgrade ready" when the time comes.

If you cannot get out and listen to any of these brands, then peruse the What Hifi reviews for clues as to which sound signature you might like. Or just pick based on size, price, or looks .... [/quote]
Thanks but I don't intend to chane my L and R speakers. guess will have to look for a matching center speaker. also, even if the brands are different, wont audyssey set the right one?
post #7 of 9 Old 05-16-2019, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by balnanj View Post

If you cannot get out and listen to any of these brands, then peruse the What Hifi reviews for clues as to which sound signature you might like. Or just pick based on size, price, or looks ....
Thanks but I don't intend to chane my L and R speakers. guess will have to look for a matching center speaker. also, even if the brands are different, wont audyssey set the right one?[/QUOTE]
thanks, but I have no plans to change my L&R speakers. gotta find a matching center channel. also, wouldn't audyssey set the right settings if I go for a different brand or has it got to do with something else
post #8 of 9 Old 05-18-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)
Liked: 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by balnanj View Post
Thanks but I don't intend to chane my L and R speakers. guess will have to look for a matching center speaker. also, even if the brands are different, wont audyssey set the right one?
Yes, Audyssey will help to "match" the speakers, but it will never be a perfect match. Just choose whichever speaker appeals to you ...

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 05-18-2019 at 04:04 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 304
In addition to the center channels mentioned earlier I would also check out the these two center channels:

Boston Acoustics A 225C Dual 5.25" Woofer 2-Way Center Channel Speaker - Gloss Black

https://www.amazon.in/Boston-Acousti...gateway&sr=8-1

NHT Audio NHT Super Center 2. 1 Center Channel Speaker (Black)

https://www.amazon.in/NHT-Audio-Cent...gateway&sr=8-6

Any of the speakers mentioned would probably be a significant improvement on your Pioneer center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page