Replacing a wireless subwoofer - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By holl_ands

post #1 of 3 Old 06-30-2019, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replacing a wireless subwoofer

Hello all,

I currently have the Panasonic SU-HTB350 system. The wireless subwoofer suddenly stopped working today after 5yrs of trouble free use. It powers on but will not connect with the receiver. I have tried to pair it manually but no luck. What are my options as far as replacing the subwoofer? I think the sub is paired with the receiver and only the exact same model of sub will work? Can I buy a powered subwoofer and connect it via RCA cables to the receiver? The receiver is connected to my TV via optical cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-02-2019, 03:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Systems like your Panasonic are typically stand-alone and proprietary, making it difficult-to-impossible to “mix and match” equipment from other manufacturers. If the receiver has an analog audio output, you can use an outboard subwoofer. Otherwise, your only option is the same sub that it came with. If that’s the case, ebay is your best bet.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Equipment List
"A nice mid-fi system," according to an audiophile acquaintance.

Reviews and Tech Articles
post #3 of 3 Old 07-05-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Your Sound Bar does NOT have any Sub-Woofer or L/R Audio RCA or Optical OUTPUT Jacks....so working with any of THOSE options is not available. It also does NOT have a way to somehow disable the Wireless S-W Signal to (hopefully) redirect Low Freqs to L/R Speaker Outputs....so THAT option is also not available:
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/soundbar/om/sc-htb351_en_om.pdf
https://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/SC-HTB350.html

SO your best alternative is to turn it into a Factory Authorized Service Center to give you an estimate to repair ($'s) so that they can AT LEAST tell you if the problem is in the Sub-Woofer....or perhaps a bit more likely cuz it has a WL Transmitter....the Soundbar itself. At which point you can determine if you want to spend more $$$'s to get it fixed....or look for a replacement for the problematic unit....whichever it is....

Once you know WHICH unit is defective, you might want to call the Panasonic Help Desk and inquire as to WHICH units are compatible with WHICH other units....probably quite a few within a few years of your system.

Last edited by holl_ands; 07-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page