what do you recommend as Minimum budget? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 21
what do you recommend as Minimum budget?

Hi,
Need your expert's opinion please.
Currently I am managing with a Low cost Samsung home theater system including a Receiver, 5 speakers set which I bought under $400
Now time for me to Upgrade
I prefer to get as a package with below:
-Receiver/Player 3D compatible, WIFI in-built, atleast 2 HDMI, Netflix in-built
-Active Subwoofer with 5 Speakers - 2 front & 2 Rear....if possible 1 center speaker....

If I have to buy a good brand, what is the Minimum budget i should plan for this?
Or, if you think I am better off buying separately, please suggest what all to buy...

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3333 Post(s)
Liked: 2396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newuser2018 View Post
Hi,
Need your expert's opinion please.
Currently I am managing with a Low cost Samsung home theater system including a Receiver, 5 speakers set which I bought under $400
Now time for me to Upgrade
I prefer to get as a package with below:
-Receiver/Player 3D compatible, WIFI in-built, atleast 2 HDMI, Netflix in-built
-Active Subwoofer with 5 Speakers - 2 front & 2 Rear....if possible 1 center speaker....

If I have to buy a good brand, what is the Minimum budget i should plan for this?
Or, if you think I am better off buying separately, please suggest what all to buy...

thanks in advance
We can't suggest a budget because only you know what you can afford. One can spend thousands of dollars so pick a price point. That being said, it is always best to go with separates (receiver, speakers, BD player, etc). If you do go with a HTiB I would recommend getting one that is not integrated. IOW, one that does not have a built-in BD player. For an HTiB, look to Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo at your price point.

As far as separates go, I would pick a receiver first that will fit your budget and needs. Once you decide on the receiver, go to the Speakers Forum, mention the receiver you have or are thinking of, your price point for speakers, and see what the suggestions are. I've always been partial to Yamaha receivers but Denon and Onkyo make nice ones as well.

Audio equipment can be a very personal thing. It depends on your listening environment (room size, furnishings, etc), how keen your ears are, etc. If you can, it's always best to "interview" speakers etc if possible. That will at least give you an idea of what it will sound like at home.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
We can't suggest a budget because only you know what you can afford. One can spend thousands of dollars so pick a price point. That being said, it is always best to go with separates (receiver, speakers, BD player, etc). If you do go with a HTiB I would recommend getting one that is not integrated. IOW, one that does not have a built-in BD player. For an HTiB, look to Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo at your price point.

As far as separates go, I would pick a receiver first that will fit your budget and needs. Once you decide on the receiver, go to the Speakers Forum, mention the receiver you have or are thinking of, your price point for speakers, and see what the suggestions are. I've always been partial to Yamaha receivers but Denon and Onkyo make nice ones as well.

Audio equipment can be a very personal thing. It depends on your listening environment (room size, furnishings, etc), how keen your ears are, etc. If you can, it's always best to "interview" speakers etc if possible. That will at least give you an idea of what it will sound like at home.
Thank you. All good points. I will now explore first on Receivers. Yes, Yamaha has been hitting my eyes lately & I think I will end up with Yamaha
I am thinking to stay within $1000 max for everything if possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3333 Post(s)
Liked: 2396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newuser2018 View Post
Thank you. All good points. I will now explore first on Receivers. Yes, Yamaha has been hitting my eyes lately & I think I will end up with Yamaha
I am thinking to stay within $1000 max for everything if possible
Once you decide on which features/options you want on a receiver, you could look around for a refurb unit to save money so you could spend the extra on speakers.

A good set of speakers can make a mediocre receiver sound great, but a bad set of speakers can make a great receiver sound mediocre.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page