Upgrade for home theater - Klipsch 5.1.2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gajCA

post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2019, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Upgrade for home theater - Klipsch 5.1.2

hello,
I was looking for a recommendation about upgrading my home theatre to the next level. Right now I have Denon AVR-X3200, Klipsch Rp-280F, RP450C, Rp250S, RP140SA, R115SW and Fluance RT-81. I was considering buying a second R115SW or adding amplifier maybe Monolith 2x200 Watts (I saw that in the best-refurbished system you can get around 500USD). I definitely was thinking about reasonable upgrade around 500USD. The other question would it be beneficial to replace the Denon 3200? If yes what would you recommend? I noticed that for those Klipsch people are using something better than 3200.
The other question, I'm from Poland so the input voltage is different do you think that having a special transformer that will change the volage from 220V 50hz to 110V-120V 60hz could have influence for working of the system? sound quality or any other issues? (for the pre-amplifier or for Denon?)
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-27-2019, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Can someone advise something?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2019, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I would probably upgrade to a better subwoofer or 2 of them if you can. Your receiver is still fairly good and I don't know that klipsch speaker require a lot of amplification. The subwoofer however, tends to be a weakness in the Klipsch line. Now sure what is available in poland but a Monolith or SVS sub would probable make a the biggest improvement in your case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9385 Post(s)
Liked: 6465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromarcin View Post
hello,
I was looking for a recommendation about upgrading my home theatre to the next level. Right now I have Denon AVR-X3200, Klipsch Rp-280F, RP450C, Rp250S, RP140SA, R115SW and Fluance RT-81. I was considering buying a second R115SW or adding amplifier maybe Monolith 2x200 Watts (I saw that in the best-refurbished system you can get around 500USD). I definitely was thinking about reasonable upgrade around 500USD. The other question would it be beneficial to replace the Denon 3200? If yes what would you recommend? I noticed that for those Klipsch people are using something better than 3200.
The other question, I'm from Poland so the input voltage is different do you think that having a special transformer that will change the volage from 220V 50hz to 110V-120V 60hz could have influence for working of the system? sound quality or any other issues? (for the pre-amplifier or for Denon?)
Thanks!
That's a good system that doesn't need much power to play very loudly so if it is working to your satisfaction, no need for more power at all.

Another subwoofer would be a big plus; ideally identical to the first.
Rgarc likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page