Help I'm conflicted on what to get - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Otto Pylot

post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2019, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help I'm conflicted on what to get

Ok guys side question....I have a limited amount of room for a true surround sound setup and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with two options I have narrowed down to purchase

1- Sony HT-ZF9 with Wireless rears or

2- Denon Avr x2500h with Jamo S803 5.0 Speaker Package

Now there is always a chance I could later on down the road be able to put up rear speakers with the Jamo rears so I'm conflicted on what to get . Both are roughly same pricing....What do u guys think....Btw I have a 60'' Sony 850E 4k

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3579 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowRtoc View Post
Ok guys side question....I have a limited amount of room for a true surround sound setup and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with two options I have narrowed down to purchase

1- Sony HT-ZF9 with Wireless rears or

2- Denon Avr x2500h with Jamo S803 5.0 Speaker Package

Now there is always a chance I could later on down the road be able to put up rear speakers with the Jamo rears so I'm conflicted on what to get . Both are roughly same pricing....What do u guys think....Btw I have a 60'' Sony 850E 4k

Thanks
If it were me, I'd go with the Denon, only because you will get much better sound out of it and there is room to expand later on down the road. Wireless, while convenient, does have its issues and there is no expandibility, at least on the ZF9, certainly not like the Denon. With the Jamo speaker package, you don't have to use the side speakers if you don't have room so you could just configure it for 3.0 (or is a sub included?) and add the sides later on. For true surround sound you'll need a sub.
kateyes likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-02-2019, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The sub is extra wich I'm getting also ....later on I'll get the atmos addons for the front speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-2019, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3579 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowRtoc View Post
The sub is extra wich I'm getting also ....later on I'll get the atmos addons for the front speakers
If you're getting a sub at the same time then definitely go with the Denon. You'll be much happier down the road. If you are decided on the receiver, then I would go to the Speakers Forum, mention the receiver you have, and your price point for speakers and see what the recommendations are. You might be surprised to find there are better speakers than the Jamo package at your price point.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page