Samsung system speaker issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2019, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung system speaker issue

I have a Samsung HT-D5210C Blue Ray system and have had for a few years or so and for a while now I have been having issues with various speakers dropping out sound. In order for the sound to return to that speaker I either crank of the volume or I reach behind the unit and touch or giggle the speaker wires and the sound comes back. As I said, I've been doing this for a while now and even though it doesn't happen all the time while using the system, it is frustrating because at times this could happen many times in one day.

I'm trying to figure out first if this is some sort of known issue with these systems or is it just something with the speaker cable connections in the back of the unit and maybe something like just replacing the cables will cure it. I had read where disconnecting the a small cable for the front touch panel would solve the issue, my issue seems to be something different.

So has anyone else had or having this issue with this unit or any unit. Is it just the speaker connections and new cables will fix it or is there something else I need to investigate.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3579 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastek Pool View Post
I have a Samsung HT-D5210C Blue Ray system and have had for a few years or so and for a while now I have been having issues with various speakers dropping out sound. In order for the sound to return to that speaker I either crank of the volume or I reach behind the unit and touch or giggle the speaker wires and the sound comes back. As I said, I've been doing this for a while now and even though it doesn't happen all the time while using the system, it is frustrating because at times this could happen many times in one day.

I'm trying to figure out first if this is some sort of known issue with these systems or is it just something with the speaker cable connections in the back of the unit and maybe something like just replacing the cables will cure it. I had read where disconnecting the a small cable for the front touch panel would solve the issue, my issue seems to be something different.

So has anyone else had or having this issue with this unit or any unit. Is it just the speaker connections and new cables will fix it or is there something else I need to investigate.

Thanks.
Depending on the type of cabling you have, I'd change the cables first, or at least look at the connectors (bare wire, banana plugs) for anything that looks broken or frayed. A lot of integrated systems (ones with built-in optical players) have proprietary connections which makes it difficult to change the wiring.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page