Onkyo R395 (HT-S3800) Surround sound problem. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-12-2019, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Onkyo R395 (HT-S3800) Surround sound problem.

Hey there. I'm having a problem with this receiver. It worked perfectly until today. This receiver has an option to simulate surround sound from a two channel signal, this way you can listen to CDs and such and have the same effect as with movies, where the voice comes from the center speaker, you have certain instruments on the front ones and chorus on the back ones and such. Today I was watching some videos on YouTube and realized only the center speaker was working. I changed the option to 5 channel stereo and all 5 speakers work. Also if I play video games where the signal output by the console or when I watch Blurays where the signal output by the player is already multichanel everything works fine. The problem comes with two channel signals. I cannot find what's wrong. I didn't change the settings of the receiver, the TV's firmware hasn't been updated in a while. What's more puzzling is that not only the rest of the speakers don't work is that not even the woofer work when this happens. I reset to factory settings the receiver and nothing changed. I might reset the TV just in case... maybe that could help. But in the meantime I wanted to see if anyone here could have an idea.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
ht-s3800 , Onkyo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page