Pioneer Elite & Polk Speaker Set - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-18-2019, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Pioneer Elite & Polk Speaker Set

Hey all,

I am completely new these forums but it's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of knowledge base.
I just moved into a new place and I'm looking to get my first ever surround sound system. I noticed a bundle of Amazon for the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303 and Polk Audio TL1600 for $698.
I do plan on upgrading the speakers at some point down the line, so these would just be to start and kick the system off. Is the receiver a good one? Is this a good value?

I appreciate all the feedback and hope everyone has a fantastic holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 162
That is a bundle deal, it's not HTIB, so a considerable step up, and quite a deal based on individual MRSP of each. You should research on the receiver forum section for details on the Pioneer. Those speakers are way to small for me, but I don't know what you need.

Music, more music.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-19-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I like the Pioneer receiver but you could do much better on the speakers, even on that budget. I'm not a fan of entry level Polks. For a starter system you could opt for an Denon X1500H for $100 less and spend more on the speakers which will make the biggest difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-Receive...%2C1275&sr=1-3

this Focal Sib speaker package would be a better value considering the speaker normally go for $299 a pair. the sub is the weak link but that could be the first thing you upgrade.

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-5-1-Bla...ustomerReviews

This is also the time of year when the Sony Core Series Bookshelf speakers go on sale at Best Buy. Get 3 pairs (you will only use 5), a Polk Audio - PSW Series 10" Active Subwoofer, and and entry level 7-channel receiver for under $850. If you can score and open box item you will save more. With this setup you will be a ways away from needing an upgrade so you have time to save up and do some serious upgrades when the time comes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-20-2019, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thanks for the advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version