Any Audyssey Experts Figure this Out? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-13-2020, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any Audyssey Experts Figure this Out?

Hello, no Audiophile here (disclosure)

I have a Onkyo HT - S5600 AVR, finally did a Calibration 5 years later (didn't know about this ) Has Audyssey 2EQ and ran the 2nd option for room Correction. Just read the Audyssey 101 Section (great BTW). I need to rerun tonight as my 2nd and 3rd placements were 4 feet, instead of 2 feet from measurement/position #1 .

Problem - I'm getting a humming noise coming from my Definitive Technology BP-8060 towers from the tweeters during movies. Now If I turn off Dynamic EQ, then it goes away. Is this normal or am I doing something Wrong?

Thx, Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-13-2020, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Posted in Audyssey forum 2 days ago and never got any response so I figured I'd make a new post.

Now, Yesterday I called Definitive Tech and they said it's probably a bad Amp Board. Well this doesn't make sense as when I turn off Dynamic EQ, the Buzz Sound goes away. Tried this with Ford vs. Ferrari. Keep in mind I've had my Onkyo 5 years before I did the Calibration (performed Calib. just last week ) and never, ever had humming noise from speakers. Speakers after Calib sound 10 times better.

Then I called Onkyo and although they wouldn't or couldn't say it was a documented problem, the tech mentioned that they've heard of this humming issue from other people with the older Receivers and using the Audyssey 2EQ.

Then, called Crutchfield. Brad over there believes that it has to have some defect within the receiver.

So I'm going to research and get a new receiver in the next month or so. Don't know if I'll go with a 7 or 9 channel (have 2 DEF TECH A60 atmos on my BP 8060 that aren't hooked up) heard pros and cons on using.

DEf tech said Denon or Marantz is what Def Tech's recommends, but not ruling out Onkyo or Yamaha. I only watch moves- all kinds, sports and news channels.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2020, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 175
If there is a forum thread for that Onkyo HT - S5600 or other older models you should post this there, thanks for the follow up info, might help someone else.

Music, more music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2020, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pinballs View Post
Posted in Audyssey forum 2 days ago and never got any response so I figured I'd make a new post.

Now, Yesterday I called Definitive Tech and they said it's probably a bad Amp Board. Well this doesn't make sense as when I turn off Dynamic EQ, the Buzz Sound goes away. Tried this with Ford vs. Ferrari. Keep in mind I've had my Onkyo 5 years before I did the Calibration (performed Calib. just last week ) and never, ever had humming noise from speakers. Speakers after Calib sound 10 times better.

Then I called Onkyo and although they wouldn't or couldn't say it was a documented problem, the tech mentioned that they've heard of this humming issue from other people with the older Receivers and using the Audyssey 2EQ.

Then, called Crutchfield. Brad over there believes that it has to have some defect within the receiver.

So I'm going to research and get a new receiver in the next month or so. Don't know if I'll go with a 7 or 9 channel (have 2 DEF TECH A60 atmos on my BP 8060 that aren't hooked up) heard pros and cons on using.

DEf tech said Denon or Marantz is what Def Tech's recommends, but not ruling out Onkyo or Yamaha. I only watch moves- all kinds, sports and news channels.
Def Tech said Denon/Marantz because they are all under the same Sound United company umbrella. You will be fine with Onkyo or Yamaha receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page