Onkyo HT-R693 help! Keeps shutting down after multiple repairs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RayGuy

post #1 of 2 Old 02-28-2020, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Onkyo HT-R693 help! Keeps shutting down after multiple repairs

We have an Onkyo HT-R693 7.1. Home theater system. The receiver worked great for several years, and then all of a sudden it would turn on for about 2 seconds, and shut down. I unplugged all of the speakers to see if it would still shut down or if it was a speaker shorting that was sending it into protection mode, but it still did the same thing, turned on for 2 seconds then shut down. We took it into an Onkyo-authorized repair shop, and they replaced several resistors. While it was in the shop, I rewired all the speakers with new speaker wire as we had just been using the cheap wires that came with the system, so I thought maybe one of those was fraying or something like that.

Got the receiver back, reconnected everything, it worked great for about a day and a half, and all of a sudden, we heard a burst of static, and then same thing. Receiver would turn on for two seconds, and then shut down. We took it back the same shop, this time they said they replaced the same resistors and several other components. I also brought in all of our speakers and the subwoofer to make sure those weren’t the problem. The store checked all the speakers, but they were all clocking in at the right power levels. The store said they left the receiver running for several days to test it out.

Brought the receiver home, rehooked up all the speakers, making extra careful that they were wired properly. Same thing, day and a half later, was working fine, then all of a sudden goes out. The only difference this time, was we were able to turn it on again a couple times, it would worked for about 30 minutes each time, but now its back in shut down mode. Won’t stay on for more than two seconds

Any help at all would be much appreciated!!!! Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-07-2020, 12:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3342 Post(s)
Liked: 3136
Not worth whatever it costs to repair. Bottom line, replace.
d-rail34 likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Onkyo , onkyo ht-r693 , onkyo receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page