Help: Nakamichi 9.2 Samsung TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Help: Nakamichi 9.2 Samsung TV

Nakamichi 9.2.4 sound system (purchased 1 Month ago), Samsung UN60JU6500FXZA TV (2015). Following setup and troubleshooting steps in Nakamichi's instructions and website I can not get them to work together with ARC HDMI...no sound after many attempts. The Naka will turn on and off with the TV, Demo mode works properly, TV settings are correct. But when I do a CEC search the TV shows (Nakamichi) during the search, but when the search finishes it show "No device found". I can't talk to Nakamichi help desk, due to the current world virus problem. Can anyone help with this dilemma? My best wishes to everyone during these strange and difficult times!

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-13-2020, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturney View Post
Nakamichi 9.2.4 sound system (purchased 1 Month ago), Samsung UN60JU6500FXZA TV (2015). Following setup and troubleshooting steps in Nakamichi's instructions and website I can not get them to work together with ARC HDMI...no sound after many attempts. The Naka will turn on and off with the TV, Demo mode works properly, TV settings are correct. But when I do a CEC search the TV shows (Nakamichi) during the search, but when the search finishes it show "No device found". I can't talk to Nakamichi help desk, due to the current world virus problem. Can anyone help with this dilemma? My best wishes to everyone during these strange and difficult times!

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,
I had a Nakamichi 7.2 Shockwafe. I had CEC set up for a bit, but I began to notice it seemed to cause issues with HDMI handshaking. If you have the HDMI cord going from the ARC port on your TV to the ARC port on the Shockwafe then you should be good. Just make sure in the TV settings that you turn off the speakers and select the ARC for your output. I wouldn't use CEC but that's up to you. I currently have a Denon X2500H receiver with my LG TV and I use a harmony hub to control all the devices and it's nice cause you can put delays on to ensure HDMI handshaking doesn't get glitched. I know you checked out Nakamichi's site but here is a link that could help. Hope it works for you. It is a great sound system. It can really pump out the sound. https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...es-not-connect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page