Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2004, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
req

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Honored chums -

I caught a great price in a 5-Hour Sale at a big-box electronics store today, and picked up one of these for a steal. There are some features it's lacking - the biggest of which is the complete lack of any digital audio in, which will hamper my XBox use a bit - but for the price it seems like a great unit. Haven't been able to test the video out yet, that's waiting for my move in two weeks and having room to set up my projector - but the sound is really quite nice. And having a 5-DVD changer can't hurt.

Now, I'm no audiophile. I'm coming from an almost 9-year-old Aiwa 2-speaker system without sub, so the bar is set pretty low. And even given where I'm coming from, this is not the loudest system. I'm sure it'll be fine in my home theater but won't bother the neighbors too much. The bass also seems a little bit anemic, but the rest of the spectrum is quite clear.

Anyone else out there had any experience with this unit? I'm interested in any tweaks, words of wisdom, etc etc etc. The manual is pretty...obtuse. :)

Thanks all,

-Req
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-05-2004, 08:27 PM

I've got the HT900 version....I think they're close w/ some audio diff's.

It took me hours of reading the instruction sheets & playing w/ the various controls to figure out all the features...it's worth it however as it does a lot you'd never know about since the features are not that obvious.

enjoy it
Peter
post #3 of 4 Old 04-12-2004, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by epiphane
I've got the HT900 version....I think they're close w/ some audio diff's.

It took me hours of reading the instruction sheets & playing w/ the various controls to figure out all the features...it's worth it however as it does a lot you'd never know about since the features are not that obvious.

enjoy it
Peter
I also just purchased the SC-HT900 a few days ago, and am greatly loooking forward to playing around with it.

I won't be setting up my HT for a couple weeks (just purchased a house), but in the meantime, the manuals will definately keep me busy.

I think you will be happy with your purchase in the long run, and for a nice releatively small setup, the wattage and overall quality will certainly be more dynamic than you have now.

I was a little hesitent due to the 5 disc integration with the receiver, but since this is not a super-expensive setup, it didn't concern me that much.

In short, enjoy your setup! After a little research, the one I got seemed like the best choice, and hopefully you will agree!

Of course, this is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. -- Dennis Miller

My DVD Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

I bought the HT700 a month or so ago. I've been using it right out of the box since then and have been very pleased. Today I spent some time actually tweeking it (with Saving Private Ryan playing). WOW! It sounds fantastic now!! I increased the volume of the rears and sub, and dropped the center. This way I can increase the sound without having the center over power all the other sounds. Now I get a real sound surrounding environment. I'm totally happy with my purchase.:D

Sean
"I do not like the cone of shame"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page