When will Samsung start shipping 04 product line(HT-DS660T shown in LasVegas in Jan04 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
well what subject line says. specificaly i'm looking to find out when SAMSUNG HT-DS660T RRSS Home Theater in a Box Sound System
be available. J&R have it on the site but it is preorder only. cust serv guy told me 2-3 weeks but i think its jeneric reply. so if anyone has some inside scoop plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me know.

my livingroom layout doesnt realy permit me to have rear surraund speakers + there is GF factor. this system whould be perfect solution as it is compact yet powerful and from what i found has all the features that i need.

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...uct_Id=3977307

pic from CES04
Samsung shows off 2 new HT systems both have Rear Reflectng technology in its speaker system which translates into rear speakers combined with front speakers to create the 5.1 experience

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...1/audi1_10.jpg

link to pics from CES04
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...0111/ces11.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-17-2004, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This system is excellent except for the digital input (optical), this input type does not work with cable or satalite boxes with use Coax digital input. Any suggestions?
post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2004, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Samsung D* receiver has both coax and optical out, and an older HNS D* box I used had optical out.
I don't know about cable boxes, but satellite receivers with optical out are easy to find.

You Buy 'Em, We Fly 'Em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Trekie
This system is excellent except for the digital input (optical), this input type does not work with cable or satalite boxes with use Coax digital input. Any suggestions?
I'm in the same funk. My cable line is routed through a VCR but I want to replace that with a Tivo. I don't think there's another cure. Anyone?

Best,
Wayne
post #5 of 5 Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I heard their HT-DB660 at CC in Chicago a few months ago. It was the first 3.1 setup I had heard. It was about as good sounding as the Bose and about as svelte. This one looks sleeker than that and at only $600 it is nicely priced. If only Sammy DLP's were priced equivalently.

Samsung looks tough with products like these. They are way ahead of Sony in this space, and have better sound.

Best,
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page