Help Please Sony HTIB DAV-FC9 Problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2004, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help . I bought Sony unit DAV-FC9 HTIB in Sept. 03 ..Is it enough for my bed room IMHO , after hooking up to my Wega 27" and fine-tuned the unit , every thing seems to be fine. Working fine for 7 months ..now i have a problem . So here it is : DAV-FC9 to TV with component cable (very good PQ) . Yesterday i was playing Kill Bill Volume1( great movie by the way) in wide screen mode the screen stretch to full mode for about 2 seconds then went back to wide mode again , and it keep doing this every 5 to 7 mins thru out the whole movie...Arggr...So i put in different wide screen DVDs, the same thing happened to all of them so that ruled out defected DVD. But when i switch to S Video instead of component then every thing is fine again..If any one out there have the same problem happened to you and how to solve this please drop me a line i'll be greatly appreciated . I'm a Sony fan for years but now with many defected products ( vaio, RP LCD GW 2 and 3...and so on..) . I'll say Sony have a quality issues..i will look into other manufactures from now on. Again this forum is a great place for research and learning...way to go ..keep up the great works guys . Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-16-2004, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Check warranty. Call Sony.

If you can, get the unit swapped, replaced, or something.

That's about all I can tell you really. The thing's gone haywire.

I had the same thing happen to me. I own the Ht500, and the component video DVD worked fine for probably around a year then...it simply stopped working right, without cause.

No wonder Sony isn't thought of as highly as once was...

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
KILL BILL RULES!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page