Thanks pb_maxxx, I ended up getting a hdx mixer from HD. I hope to make you guys proud.Here is what I ended up using:
* 1 gallon of Glidden base 1 flat enamel with a SS color match
* 64oz of Rust-Oleum Metallic Accents - Sea Shell (I couldn't get another white pearl from Amazon).
* 32oz of Minwax Polycrylic Clear Matte (heads up, in the can it is a milky white color).
* 2 Gallon mixing bucket from home depot ($1.50)
* 2 Gallon storing bculet, with a lid, it was around $5.
1) I poured the Glidden paint in the mixing bucket and gave it a good stir with the mixing stick HD gives you.
2) I pour 1 quart of the metallic paint into the mixing bucket.
3) I mixed the paints together slowly and gently with the mixer bit I got from HD. I used the stick a couple of time to fold the paint.
4) once I saw the two were thoroughly mixed, I poured the other quart and repeated step 3.
5) I popped open the can of poly and gave it a gentle stir with the stiring stick.
6) I pour in about a quarter of the poly into the mixing bucket.
7) I started with the stiring stick and gently mixed the poly in to the paint. The. I switched to the drill and ran it at a very slow settings and stired the solution until you didn't see any separation. At least to me, when I added the poly for the paint, it had the effect of the color separating.
8) Once I saw the poly was well mixed, I added another quarter of the can into the mix and repeated step 7.
9) repeat step 8 until all the poly is mixed into the paint.
10) after all the paints and poly are mixed, I took a nylon filter (you can get this from HD.) And strained the paint into the storing bucket.
11) I hand stired it gently with the mixer and that is all that she wrote.
12) put a lid on it and that was it.
I am not going to lie, this wasn't a quick 15 minutes thing, it took me a solid couple of hours to mix everything. That being said, a lot of the time was me not wanting to rush and make sure that the paint was well mixed.
I hope I did everything to the T like you guys had explained. I will report back next week on the results.
, and pb_maxxx, please let me know if I didn't any of it wrong. I am sure I am not the only one that is a noob.
I want to specially thank
for all your responses, time, and advice.