Wall paint for economy projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wall paint for economy projector

I'm brand new to the projector game (to date, all of my projector time has been related to PowerPoint presentations ). To get started, I've opted for an economy projector in the RocketPro GP100. I am projecting on a sheetrock wall in a room with a drop ceiling and dark walls. The projector will be 10.5 feet from the wall to provide a 110" screen. Can I get some advice on paint for the wall? I will be rolling it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-26-2018, 10:48 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3512 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiharder72 View Post
I'm brand new to the projector game (to date, all of my projector time has been related to PowerPoint presentations ). To get started, I've opted for an economy projector in the RocketPro GP100. I am projecting on a sheetrock wall in a room with a drop ceiling and dark walls. The projector will be 10.5 feet from the wall to provide a 110" screen. Can I get some advice on paint for the wall? I will be rolling it on.

Welcome to the Forum,

Well...................you did economize, didn't you.

I cannot attest to how bright that LED PJ is or will be at 110", but I would suggest that first,you roll on a White Paint such as Glidden/PPG Diamond Flat (Home Depot) and give that a watch-see. Keep in mind that is a Native 1280 x 800 PJ so your 110" screen area would be 58" x 93".

After a little bit of time, you might be better able to make some image quality determinations.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well I'm not sure if this would be considered just for projectors but we chose to use a color from Sherwin Williams called "Tricorn Black" in eggshell finish. After sifting through tons of user reviews and suggestions, this specific color was among the top recommended for home theater rooms or spaces.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TriCornBlack.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2433328  

Samsung 6 Series Curved UHD | Onkyo TX-RZ720 | Klipsch R-26FA Dolby Atmos | Klipsch RP-250C Center | Klipsch RS-42 II Surround | Klipsch R-10SW | OPPO UDP 203 | AudioQuest: Type 4 Speaker Cables ~ Carbon HDMI ~ Irish Red Subwoofer Cable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page