"Sanctuary" Build - 150" Cinemascope AT Screen Build - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-22-2019, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 8
"Sanctuary" Build - 150" Cinemascope AT Screen Build

I recently purchased my first house with home theater in mind, and I hadn't seen a lot of threads in here regarding my own screen dims/room size, so I thought I would post my initial thread now and keep it updated with each step of the way.

ANYWAY,

Quick Specs
Interior Wall Dimensions: 12'8" wide by 21' tall EDIT: 21' Deep, 7' tall...
Projector: Epson 5050UB or Epson 6050UB (I haven't purchased yet...leaning toward the 5050UB though)
Screen: DIY with white milliskin spandex over black milliskin Spandex
Receiver: Denon x4400h (I haven't purchased this yet)
Speakers: 5.2.4 (potential to upgrade to 7.1.4 later w/ amp) 3x LCR Ascend CMT-340SE, 2x HTM-200 for surrounds, 4x RSL C34e's for atmos, 2x Rhythmik FV15HP for subs.
Seating: TBD...there is some WAF factors that need considering, it MUST have a love seat, and 4 seats...hard to fit in a 12'8" room. Leaning toward SeatCraft, but this is low priority, as I can get a cheap couch for now and upgrade later.

Preamble

I have wanted a home theater for awhile now, but it has never been possible before due to living in an apartment with a shared wall with neighbors. I have always LOOKED at getting something nice, but it wasn't a possibility until I had my own place. We purchased a house about a month ago and I have a PERFECT (well....almost...) room in the basement that could be used for theater.

This room has a bedroom behind it and a 6'3" opening on the side where one would enter the theater. The ceilings are a bit low at 7', but I am stuck with them so I have to make do! Eventually I will want to put some sort of door here, but do to the awkward dimensions and the hvac that runs overhead, I am not sure if I can do a traditional door, but some heavy velvet curtains may fit the bill.

Build Plans

The wall on the right hand side of the room is made of concrete, and I plan on running all of the wiring for the av rack outside of the room by drilling a 4 inch diameter hole through the concrete to go to the adjacent room...running the wires through the ceiling would be very difficult as there is HVAC ducts that run above the wall.

Before starting on the room, I checked on the electrical status of the room, and the whole thing + an upstairs bedroom is currently on one 15A breaker. I didn't want to start the project before installing an additional 20A breaker solely dedicated to the equipment I would be running, just to be safe. The electrical work is supposed to be done this week, so I can get to painting/building the false wall once that is done.

In the mean time, I got started on the DIY screen that I will have for the room. As the title states, I want to build a 150" 2.39:1 AT screen that will go in front of the speakers and the subs. I chose the DIY route for this one due to the cost of such a specific screen ($2500+!!). Credit to MississippiMan for all the build advice!

This weekend I built the frame to spec (ok...it's a little over an inch off, but I am fixing that.)

Anyway,

Kreg'd the whole thing together and spray painted the wood. It took around 4 hours with all the cutting included and waiting for the paint to dry.

I plan on adding a little extra height tonight and affixing the spandex on Tuesday/Wednesday. The false wall should be started next Sunday.

I will do my best to keep this thread updated through the process!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	basementroom.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2593452   Click image for larger version

Name:	initialplans.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2593454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4182.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	2593458   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4180.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	2593460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4179.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2593462  

Name:	IMG_4178.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2593464   Click image for larger version

Name:	58541394719__5E15C3D9-2BFE-4CE0-8F17-A5321CE868BF.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	2593466   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4176.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2593468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4175.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	2593470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4174.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2593472  

Name:	58527005598__E6AD463D-B48F-4FD8-ABDD-6CDE0EE84324.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	2593474  
pkinneb likes this.

Last edited by Kyle Bartels; 07-23-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-22-2019, 01:56 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked: 1768
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Morning After = Yesterday Afternoon

Hello Kyle!

I will review your Info above and edit this post later this afternoon / evening.

Great looking Frame you have going there......BTW.

Here it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Bartels View Post
I recently purchased my first house with home theater in mind, and I hadn't seen a lot of threads in here regarding my own screen dims/room size, so I thought I would post my initial thread now and keep it updated with each step of the way.

ANYWAY,

Quick Specs
Interior Wall Dimensions: 12'8" wide by 21' tall 21' TALL !!!! Wow! (I gotta wonder how "deep" it is? )
Projector: Epson 5050UB or Epson 6050UB (I haven't purchased yet...leaning toward the 5050UB though) That would be leaning in the right direction. But I would not spend the extra on a 6050. Too many other things to spend that $1000.00 premium on coming up.
Screen: DIY with white milliskin spandex over black milliskin Spandex (...a primary reason to lean towards the 5050...)
Receiver: Denon x4400h (I haven't purchased this yet) (...you probably will...so many others' have...)
Speakers: 5.2.4 (potential to upgrade to 7.1.4 later w/ amp) 3x LCR Ascend CMT-340SE, 2x HTM-200 for surrounds, 4x RSL C34e's for atmos, 2x Rhythmik FV15HP for subs. I'd get those installed during the retrofit of the room.....that is only sensible to do so, and a wise initial investment.
Seating: TBD...there is some WAF factors that need considering, it MUST have a love seat, and 4 seats...hard to fit in a 12'8" room. Leaning toward SeatCraft, but this is low priority, as I can get a cheap couch for now and upgrade later. Again with the "leaning". Just sit down and recline already!!!
Quote:
Preamble
Quote:

I have wanted a home theater for awhile now, but it has never been possible before due to living in an apartment with a shared wall with neighbors. I have always LOOKED at getting something nice, but it wasn't a possibility until I had my own place. We purchased a house about a month ago and I have a PERFECT (well....almost...) room in the basement that could be used for theater.

This room has a bedroom behind it and a 6'3" opening on the side where one would enter the theater. The ceilings are a bit low at 7', but I am stuck with them so I have to make do! Eventually I will want to put some sort of door here, but do to the awkward dimensions and the hvac that runs overhead, I am not sure if I can do a traditional door, but some heavy velvet curtains may fit the bill. An attractive and effective option would be to have a pair of Sliding Doors on Rail Tracks (ie: Warehouse Door) on the Entry Side of the Wall. Make each one be 3.5' wide so that there is 3" overlap at each side of the Opening. Then, you'd only need Accent-Style Curtains on the Theater side to mask the opening.

Build Plans

The wall on the right hand side of the room is made of concrete, and I plan on running all of the wiring for the av rack outside of the room by drilling a 4 inch diameter hole through the concrete to go to the adjacent room...running the wires through the ceiling would be very difficult as there is HVAC ducts that run above the wall.

Before starting on the room, I checked on the electrical status of the room, and the whole thing + an upstairs bedroom is currently on one 15A breaker. I didn't want to start the project before installing an additional 20A breaker solely dedicated to the equipment I would be running, just to be safe. The electrical work is supposed to be done this week, so I can get to painting/building the false wall once that is done. 20A will be more than enough....but have it wired into a Double Gang Box

In the mean time, I got started on the DIY screen that I will have for the room. As the title states, I want to build a 150" 2.39:1 AT screen that will go in front of the speakers and the subs. I chose the DIY route for this one due to the cost of such a specific screen ($2500+!!). Credit to MississippiMan for all the build advice! TYVM

This weekend I built the frame to spec (ok...it's a little over an inch off, but I am fixing that.)

Anyway,

Kreg'd the whole thing together and spray painted the wood. It took around 4 hours with all the cutting included and waiting for the paint to dry.
What a difference the Kreg has been making for DIY'ers....making for some very sturdy Frames without all the old-style Metal Bracing!

I plan on adding a little extra height tonight and affixing the spandex on Tuesday/Wednesday. The false wall should be started next Sunday.

I will do my best to keep this thread updated through the process!
Tuesday's here! Be sure to use 1/4" Staples (no longer) and have a small, clean Hammer at hand to tap in Staples that do not sink flush

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings

Last edited by MississippiMan; 07-23-2019 at 07:29 AM.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-23-2019, 07:31 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Are you clear as far as the Stretching / Stapling sequence? There has been a slight change-up as far as the initial Pulls into each Corner.

HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Are you clear as far as the Stretching / Stapling sequence? There has been a slight change-up as far as the initial Pulls into each Corner.
I am not! Any extra advise would be appreciated!

I didn't get to adding the height last night (busy night...), but I should be able to do that tonight. I got the 1x4 and the plywood cut to length, though, so I just need to screw it all together.

The spandex doesn't show up until tomorrow anyhow, so I have time to do it all tonight.

Quote:
What a difference the Kreg has been making for DIY'ers....making for some very sturdy Frames without all the old-style Metal Bracing!
I had never used pocket holes before - the Kreg jig is amazing! $30 gets you pretty far...The right angle clamp is a bit overpriced though at $40...but it worked, so I can't complain too much.
post #5 of 31 Old 07-23-2019, 09:12 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

I will make you up a revised Stapling chart with instructions....before the Spandex arrives!
Kyle Bartels and pkinneb like this.

post #6 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

So last night I drilled a hole through the concrete wall that was seperating the theater from the room where the AV rack will be located. I had never used one of these tools before, they work great - and the drywall that is framed around the concrete kept all the concrete dust down, so it wasn't too bad.

After that I started working on the spacer for the screen to make it a little taller. I got the .5 inch plywood affixed to the 1x4, but I haven't attached it to the frame yet as I ran out of spray paint while painting it. I should be able to finish that tonight and get the spandex on.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4190.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	2593962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4191.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	2593964  
post #7 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I will make you up a revised Stapling chart with instructions....before the Spandex arrives!
It's been delivered!
post #8 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 12:18 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Quote:
It's been delivered!

Yeah? PM sent.

post #9 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
im building this screen too. could i get a copy of the updated instructions please. Thanks Ed
post #10 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwts View Post
im building this screen too. could i get a copy of the updated instructions please. Thanks Ed
Hey Ed,

The only changes that I made to the diagram that I posted is to increase the height of the vertical supports to 56 1/4 so that you don't have to add spacers, like I did. That being said, if it was build as the diagram dictates, the loss of height isn't that big of a deal.

I also put the vertical supports "on edge" instead of flat and flush against the rear of the frame. This gives it a bit more stability.

In short, you will ned 4 1x4's for the perimeter and 4 1x3's for the vertical supports.

MississipiMan guided me through the whole thought process behind the creation of this screen here --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-d...l#post58280392 if you are curious on how I settled on this size/aspect ratio.

If you are referring to the spandex - I don't have the updated instructions as of yet. I expect that he will post them here when he gets the time.

Last edited by Kyle Bartels; 07-24-2019 at 02:23 PM.
post #11 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Hey Ed,

The only changes that I made to the diagram that I posted is to increase the height of the vertical supports to 56 1/4 so that you don't have to add spacers, like I did. That being said, if it was build as the diagram dictates, the loss of height isn't that big of a deal.

I also put the vertical supports "on edge" instead of flat and flush against the rear of the frame. This gives it a bit more stability.

In short, you will ned 4 1x4's for the perimeter and 4 1x3's for the vertical supports.

MississipiMan guided me through the whole thought process behind the creation of this screen here --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-d...l#post58280392 if you are curious on how I settled on this size/aspect ratio.

If you are referring to the spandex - I don't have the updated instructions as of yet. I expect that he will post them here when he gets the time.
thank you
post #12 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwts View Post
thank you
yes and i was hoping for the spandex install instructions too. again thanks
pkinneb likes this.
post #13 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 05:35 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Yeah.....I post it this evening. Out and about at present.

post #14 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

I was able to affix the spandex to the screen - i just layed the black spandex on the floor, then layed the frame on top of it and pulled the spandex against the back of the screen and stapled in a North/South/East/West/Corner/Opposite Corner/Corner/Opposite Corner pattern. I kept doing that until it was fairly secure, and then added extra staples to the top and bottom of the screen (obviously there was more space to fill on the top and bottom due to aspect ratio).

It worked out fairly well - no complaints, except the white spandex looked a little damaged. I will contact spandex world to see if they can do anything about this - have you seen this before mississippiman?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	2594354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4196.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2594356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2594358   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2594360   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4202.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	2594362  

Name:	IMG_4194.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	2594364  
pkinneb likes this.
post #15 of 31 Old 07-24-2019, 09:15 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

That sort of Thread Pulling / Balling is rare....if it was not apparent on both sides I would have advised using the cleanest side.

You can certainly send them a Photo and ask for a replacement....sometimes they are in a good mood.

post #16 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
It worked out fairly well - no complaints, except the white spandex looked a little damaged. I will contact spandex world to see if they can do anything about this - have you seen this before mississippiman?

How close is that photo? Curious about the texture on the milliskin when finished.

I built my test frame with the center supports flat instead of on edge, and the frame actually warped and bowed in from tension. Mine was blackout cloth, though, so more tension than spandex. I think you did right putting them on edge and narrower.
post #17 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
How close is that photo? Curious about the texture on the milliskin when finished.

I built my test frame with the center supports flat instead of on edge, and the frame actually warped and bowed in from tension. Mine was blackout cloth, though, so more tension than spandex. I think you did right putting them on edge and narrower.
i posted some extreme close up shots of my finished milliskin screen here if you're interested

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC, PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
post #18 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post

This was pretty close - maybe 3-4 inches away with my phone. It's pretty much un noticeable from MLP, but I still requested a new roll from Spandex World that isn't defective. They are sending me a new roll to be here on Saturday, so I have to take out 1,000,000 staples and restaple the new cloth. I will thoroughly inspect it before affixing it to the screen this time.
post #19 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Electrician has pre wired the projector data cable and all of the speakers except LCR (I am taking care of those myself) - Painting comes next, then the false wall.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4207.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	2594682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4206.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	2594684  
pkinneb likes this.
post #20 of 31 Old 07-30-2019, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Weekend Update

Spandex world did see the defect as replacement-worthy, so I took off the old white screen material with the holes in it and replaced the screen with the one that Spandex World sent me.

In the mean time, a carpenter friend of mine came over and we drew up some plans for the false wall that we plan to build next Sunday.

And finally.......

We painted the room!!

I used SW Tricorn Black (Matte) on the ceiling and Peppercorn (Eggshell) on the walls. I am pretty happy with how it looks! I have some edging left to do with the Peppercorn, but that's it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4217.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2596274  
pkinneb likes this.
post #21 of 31 Old 08-03-2019, 01:45 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Peerless ACC570 Ceiling Plate Mounted In-Ceiling

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ACC570 In-Floor Mount.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	2597754  

post #22 of 31 Old 08-05-2019, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for staying up and making these diagrams, MississippiMan! They are super helpful. I think I am going to go with something that looks similar to # 2 , but I don't yet have the required peerless flange for the chief mount yet. As soon as that comes in, I will be able to hang the projector.

Anyway - I have an exciting Weekend Update!

I was able to build up the false wall to hang the screen out of 2x4 lumber. not much to say here, except that it was built in 4 main parts and nailed together. It isn't currently screwed into the concrete floor, but I don't see this as being an issue, as it is such a tight fit.

I ripped a 1x8 at 45 degrees to make both sides of the cleat that hangs to the wall. The screen itself is affixed to the false wall by 3 cleats, 2 up top, and 1 on the bottom. The cleat on the bottom doesn't support much weight, but it does stop the bottom of the screen from "swinging out," so it is required to make the screen perfectly flush.

The bulkhead on the left-hand side of the room gave us some troubles while hanging the screen, so there was some on-the-spot adjustments I had to make to the cleat that attached to the wall, but now the screen slides on and fits perfectly every time. Due to the vertical braces in the back of the screen, I can slide the screen up against the cleat to get it centered every time I take it on and off without having to remeasure!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4229.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	2598748   Click image for larger version

Name:	58664566197__B7C13751-B2F5-4B45-B30E-0637B7791B41.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	760.8 KB
ID:	2598750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4235.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	686.7 KB
ID:	2598752   Click image for larger version

Name:	58665876022__85C00B42-D060-4AFF-B985-40F5AD386F8C.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	2598754  
pkinneb likes this.
post #23 of 31 Old 08-12-2019, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Weekend Update!

1) We got the projector hung. Unfortunately due to the placement of a floor joist, I couldn't get it as far back as I wanted, and the PJ doesn't zoom out enough to fill the whole screen. It leaves about 1/2 inch of white space all around the edges of the screen when viewing 1:2.39 content. I'm not too worried about it - I can always add some felt tape if I need it to entirely fill out the screen.

I am pretty happy with the mount & mounting solution - thanks for the hookup MississippiMan! The Chief Mount + peerless ceiling plate is a killer combo. The 1.5 inch pipe was difficult to find, as most of the big box hardware stores in the area only sell 1.25 inch pipe. Other places that had 1.5 inch pipe required that you buy 10' of it. I was able to find a home depot about an hour away that sold me a 12" length of pipe that they cut down and threaded for me to make it work. Now that the PJ is hung, I am sure that it could weigh 150 lbs and it wouldn't move - the mount is that good!

In addition to hanging the projector, we also attached the velvet to the studs around the screen...

It's starting to come together! I want to extend the velvet to to another 6 feet in front of the screen so that the light from the screen doesn't reflect off the walls. I think I will do that by getting 4'x8' 1/2 inch insulating board, stapling the velvet to the backside of the board, and then screwing it into the drywall, using patches of velvet to cover up the screws.

The subs have been installed, and the rest of the speakers show up tomorrow. I am not 100% sure how I will hang the surrounds (Ascend HTM-200), as they need to be hung from concrete. I have some ideas that I will play around with this week and let you know!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4246.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2602058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4250.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2602060   Click image for larger version

Name:	58722809815__61757B1A-20E0-43C4-84DC-4B53F38473B7.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	2602062   Click image for larger version

Name:	58724503531__E8ACBD7C-5A40-461E-A194-C2CB4091A286.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2602064  
post #24 of 31 Old 08-12-2019, 08:11 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

If you use lightweight Foam Insulation boards, you can use Velco to attach the Velvet Wrapped panels and avoid the multiple Screw "Plugs'.

If you really want decisive results, do the exact same treatment to the Ceiling above the Screen and create a "Black Hole" shadow box effect that will result in your screen appearing to be suspended in space.

post #25 of 31 Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice! Screws would get the boards closer to the wall, for a more flush look, right?

I do plan on putting the velvet on the ceiling as well. Thankfully, the can lights are LED, so I am not worried about heat issues. I need more velvet though!
post #26 of 31 Old 08-12-2019, 09:20 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! Screws would get the boards closer to the wall, for a more flush look, right?

Actually if your Velvet is folded over the Corners, what small degree of Stand-off a normal thickness of Velcro would present would be counteracted by the thickness of the Velvet Fold. I build Theaters...and I'm all about "easy", and using Velcro for such lightweight panels is "easy". Try it 1st....I believe you'll appreciate the difference

Quote:
I do plan on putting the velvet on the ceiling as well. Thankfully, the can lights are LED, so I am not worried about heat issues. I need more velvet though!

When you loosen the LED Bezels to tuck the Velvet under them, be sure to also paint the Rings the same color as the Ceiling. That little bit of detail will make a difference.

post #27 of 31 Old 08-13-2019, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

The speakers came today!

The Ascend CMT-340 are great! Not sure about the height of the stand though. I may have to build a stand for the stand to get them up a bit higher. Tweeter is at roughly ear level though, so I am not too worried about it.

The form factor of the HTM-200's looks perfect for where I need them for surrounds. The mounting bracket should come in the mail today, I still have to affix them to the concrete that is behind them, but I had to give them a test run last night!

We watched part of Mad Max and Popstar (Never Stop Never Stopping) - both of these were excellent. There were still some imbalances, but I think a quick run of Audyssey should fix all of that. Hopefully tonight I can mount the HTM-200 and build 1 or 2 velvet panels for the walls.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2602340   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2602342  
post #28 of 31 Old 08-13-2019, 07:42 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

You almost look "too" happy................but that's never a bad thing!

Yeah...you could live in a Seismic Zone and as long as the House remains standing, that Epson ain't a'goin' nowhere! Won't get jiggled out of place even......I will be looking forward to some finally finished Screen shots!

Last edited by MississippiMan; 08-13-2019 at 07:46 AM.
post #29 of 31 Old 08-14-2019, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

MississippiMan,

Do you have recommendations for trim to go around this speaker? There is concrete behind the drywall and it is pushed back as far as it can go. I am mulling over options to make this installation look good - got any ideas?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4258.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2602810  
post #30 of 31 Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Myself, I would opt to minimize the Trim effect and go with 3/4" Quarter Round or a similar molding. Paint the Trim to match the Wall.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page