You’ve got ONE reference concert Blu Ray you can buy… which one is it going to be…??? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 154Likes

post #91 of 289 Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Glad you liked it.
KJSteward likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 289 Old 02-20-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Another very nicely done concert on blu is Jackson Browne - I'll Do Anything. Excellent audio/video. Of note, this concert is in stereo only, but don't let that discourage you, the sound is stellar.
post #93 of 289 Old 02-20-2016, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Carlos Santana, Corazon - Live From Mexico - Live It To Believe It

I saw this on HBO a few months ago. Topnotch sound and production.

I wish I had saved Prince's performance at the Super Bowl many years ago. Probably the best of the Super Bowl's halftime quasi-concerts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 289 Old 02-20-2016, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I own all 5 of these Joe Bonamassa blurays and they sound VERY GOOD to me.

Last edited by LNEWoLF; 03-15-2016 at 09:02 AM.
post #95 of 289 Old 02-22-2016, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 53
LCD Sound System - Shut Up And Play The Hits

I was not familiar with this band. I brought the blu ray solely based on the recommendations here. Well, it has good quality and a fun great show!! It reminded me of similar energy like The Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense concert.

Thanks
post #96 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Hostage View Post
Tom Petty - Sound Stage, excellent quality and a good show.....
Not a particularly good mix though. I really want to like that one, but it just doesn't sound as good as it should.
post #97 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworth View Post
Not a particularly good mix though. I really want to like that one, but it just doesn't sound as good as it should.

I thought the audio was resolute, a clear/clean representation of the voices and instruments. As far as the mix goes, to me it was a realistic concert presentation that also captured the sound of the room. Also crisp bright video with no nonsense camera work. There is definitely better, but imo it was worth recommending from a quality standpoint. Guess it is personal perception.......
Tornado Red likes this.
post #98 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I thought the audio was resolute, a clear/clean representation of the voices and instruments. As far as the mix goes, to me it was a realistic concert presentation that also captured the sound of the room. Also crisp bright video with no nonsense camera work. There is definitely better, but imo it was worth recommending from a quality standpoint. Guess it is personal perception.......
Yes, all about perception...your ears, your equipment etc. I have that one and it sounds pretty good. There are a few decent ones from the Soundstage series besides Tom Petty, I also have the America: Live In Chicago from that series and I enjoy it as well
post #99 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
Yes, all about perception...your ears, your equipment etc. I have that one and it sounds pretty good. There are a few decent ones from the Soundstage series besides Tom Petty, I also have the America: Live In Chicago from that series and I enjoy it as well

I have the America Live In Chicago blu ray also. Yes that is another one that has good quality.
Tornado Red likes this.
post #100 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Soundstage's Steve Winwood - Live in concert is good also!
Tornado Red likes this.
post #101 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 2832 Post(s)
Liked: 3788
Quote:
I wasn't all that impressed with the recording and/or mix on this one either (can't remember exactly as it's been years since I played it).

It seems live recordings/mixes are VERY subjective as far as what each person thinks is good.
Tornado Red likes this.
post #102 of 289 Old 02-23-2016, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I wasn't all that impressed with the recording and/or mix on this one either (can't remember exactly as it's been years since I played it).

It seems live recordings/mixes are VERY subjective as far as what each person thinks is good.
For sure Toe. I have 9 Bonamassa blu ray concerts and find most of them average at best, but lots of folks think highly of them.
Toe likes this.
post #103 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 261
CROSSROADS

Eric Clapton Guitar Festival 2010

RECORDED * LIVE * JUNE 26, 2010 * CHICAGO

This BR Disc is still the one for me!

Steve
post #104 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
For sure Toe. I have 9 Bonamassa blu ray concerts and find most of them average at best, but lots of folks think highly of them.
Yes we all have individual intereptations of how we hear sounds.

A perfect example is hail, hail rock and roll. The chuck Berry documentory. When Chuck Berry tells Keith Richards to keep his hands off of Chucks ampliflier.

That he has it set to the way he likes it. Meaning thats Chuck Berrys sound.

Richards argues that its not going to sound good on the video sound recording. Chuck Berry basically tells him that he doesnt care if Richards thinks it doesn't sound good. That is how Chuck Berry sounds and that is the way he wants it set.

I noticed you have a Pioneer AVR also. When I first heard one of Bonamassa concert blurays. I wasnt too impressed with the DTS Master HD 5.1 sound quality.

I experimented with the different DSP modes using the Pioneer IControl AV5 app.

for me I found that I liked the Optimum Music Extended Stereo the best. For me it seemed to bring the mix alive. Without making the tonal qualities of the mix sound unnatural. It also upconverts the 5.1 mix to 7.1

For me I have found that this improves the listening enjoyment for most of my concert Blurays.

You have a VERY nice home theater room setup.
Tornado Red likes this.

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW, Sony XBR 85X 850G, Sony UBP-X800M2, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
post #105 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I generally look for an even spread across a broad range of frequencies (flat frequency response), separation between instruments so I can focus on each and pull them out of the mix, a clear soundstage so I can pinpoint locations of individual instruments and well managed dynamics. The Petty concert had a fairly shrill sound with weak low end (a big hump in the midrange) and the instruments and vocals all blended together into a compressed wall of sound that was dense and opaque. It wasn't bad, but it sounded like a record mix compressed for radio broadcast, not a live performance.

The best live recording I've ever heard are Little Feat's Waiting For Columbus. That is just two channel, but it sounds more transparent and placed in a soundstage than most rock 5.1 recordings I have. That said, live recordings are compromises from the very start, so you have to cut them some slack. Roy Orbison's Black and White Night is pretty good, but the rear channels are abused by breaking off stuff that should have been up front. The Rolling Stones Live at the Max was quite good considering the size of the venue too.

For 5.1, the best recordings I've ever heard are the Elton John SACDs. They are really perfect. The same goes for the SACD of Donald Fagen's The Nightfly and Steely Dan's Gaucho. The Beatles Love album is pretty spectacular too. For videos, the best I've heard are the Lee Ridenour Overtime disk I mentioned before, which shouldn't be surprising because it was recorded live in a large studio by a lot of the same engineers who used to record the Sheffield Lab audiophile direct to disks.

For movies, the opening of Billy Rose's Jumbo on Warner Archive where the speaker walks across the screen maintaining absolutely perfect placement of the voice with the character the whole way is uncanny and raises the hairs on the back of your neck, the incredible multitrack sound and 30fps imagery of the dream ballet in the ToddAO version shows off my system to its absolute limits, the ballet at the end of American In Paris is absolutely beautiful, any of Flicker Alley's Cinerama Titles are incredibly immersive, and for lush gorgeous three strip Technicolor in all its glory, Meet Me in St Louis can't be beat. The Beatles Yellow Submarine has a pretty amazing sound mix too.

Aside from those, just about any HD BBC nature show has moments that take your breath away, and opera is consistently well served on blu-ray. The ones that immediately spring to mind are Mehta's Valencia Ring, the Royal Ballet's Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet, and Muti's eye popping Mozart Magic Flute on Decca.

Edit: I had to come back and mention Joseph Losey's Don Giovanni. It was the very first wide release movie to have surround sound, but they hadn't figured out how to make it work in theaters because the technology was so new. Recently, they went back and remixed the multi-track masters for 5.1 blu-ray and the results are spectacular. What a great film! If they did a restoration of Zeffirelli's La Traviata with Domingo this good, I could die happy.
Boxozaxu likes this.

Last edited by sworth; 02-24-2016 at 11:33 AM.
post #106 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
I experimented with the different DSP modes using the Pioneer IControl AV5 app.
DSPs are definitely the best way to get the best sound out of some recordings. I bought a big box of recordings by Arturo Toscanini. DRY sound with no acoustic at all, because they were recorded in mono in NBC's Studio 8H, which barely held the orchestra, let alone give space for the sound to bloom around it. I played with the concert hall DSPs on my Yamaha AVR, and discovered the simulation of the Berlin Philharmonie added perspective and space in 3 dimensions without diminishing the music at all. In fact, it turned borderline unlistenable recordings into something that came very close to sounding like early stereo. The only thing missing was violins on the left, cellos on the right. I swear by DSPs.

However the DSPs on my Yamaha seem to be designed to only work with 2 channel recordings. 5.1 gets all messed up if I run it through a DSP. It only sounds right direct. I guess they figure the engineers who made the surround recording know best, and if there is something that doesn't work in the original mix, it's apt to be a totally different sort of error in each case. I think I would like a way to mix rears forward though. Some stuff, like the Roy Orbison concert, are way too active in the rears. It would be nice to be able to pull that forward a bit. That probably wouldn't be hard to create a DSP to do.
post #107 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
LCD Sound System - Shut Up And Play The Hits

I was not familiar with this band. I brought the blu ray solely based on the recommendations here. Well, it has good quality and a fun great show!! It reminded me of similar energy like The Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense concert.

Thanks

You're welcome. I'm very glad to have found them and share as well. Going to try hard to see them live in their upcoming revival.

I've heard them compared to the Talking heads before. A generation before me so I only know the hits. Can definitely hear talking heads in some of their stuff. I'll check them out more.
post #108 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 2832 Post(s)
Liked: 3788
Quote:
I generally look for an even spread across a broad range of frequencies (flat frequency response), separation between instruments so I can focus on each and pull them out of the mix, a clear soundstage so I can pinpoint locations of individual instruments and well managed dynamics. The Petty concert had a fairly shrill sound with weak low end (a big hump in the midrange) and the instruments and vocals all blended together into a compressed wall of sound that was dense and opaque. It wasn't bad, but it sounded like a record mix compressed for radio broadcast, not a live performance.

The best live recording I've ever heard are Little Feat's Waiting For Columbus. That is just two channel, but it sounds more transparent and placed in a soundstage than most rock 5.1 recordings I have. That said, live recordings are compromises from the very start, so you have to cut them some slack. Roy Orbison's Black and White Night is pretty good, but the rear channels are abused by breaking off stuff that should have been up front. The Rolling Stones Live at the Max was quite good considering the size of the venue too.

For 5.1, the best recordings I've ever heard are the Elton John SACDs. They are really perfect. The same goes for the SACD of Donald Fagen's The Nightfly and Steely Dan's Gaucho. The Beatles Love album is pretty spectacular too. For videos, the best I've heard are the Lee Ridenour Overtime disk I mentioned before, which shouldn't be surprising because it was recorded live in a large studio by a lot of the same engineers who used to record the Sheffield Lab audiophile direct to disks.

For movies, the opening of Billy Rose's Jumbo on Warner Archive where the speaker walks across the screen maintaining absolutely perfect placement of the voice with the character the whole way is uncanny and raises the hairs on the back of your neck, the incredible multitrack sound and 30fps imagery of the dream ballet in the ToddAO version shows off my system to its absolute limits, the ballet at the end of American In Paris is absolutely beautiful, any of Flicker Alley's Cinerama Titles are incredibly immersive, and for lush gorgeous three strip Technicolor in all its glory, Meet Me in St Louis can't be beat. The Beatles Yellow Submarine has a pretty amazing sound mix too.

Aside from those, just about any HD BBC nature show has moments that take your breath away, and opera is consistently well served on blu-ray. The ones that immediately spring to mind are Mehta's Valencia Ring, the Royal Ballet's Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet, and Muti's eye popping Mozart Magic Flute on Decca.

Edit: I had to come back and mention Joseph Losey's Don Giovanni. It was the very first wide release movie to have surround sound, but they hadn't figured out how to make it work in theaters because the technology was so new. Recently, they went back and remixed the multi-track masters for 5.1 blu-ray and the results are spectacular. What a great film! If they did a restoration of Zeffirelli's La Traviata with Domingo this good, I could die happy.
Thanks for all the suggestions, a lot of which I have not heard.

Is that Little Feat Album the cd? I will pick that up...

I got The Beatles Love DVD-A for Christmas, but have not listened to it yet since I was waiting on my new surrounds which I got last weekend. Will definitely make this a priority!

EDIT: Noticed the Steely Dan SACD (and Donald Fagen as well) is an import on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Gaucho-Steely-...ct_top?ie=UTF8 any idea if these are region locked or will they play on region A players (or maybe this doesn't apply to SACD like it does blu ray?)?

Last edited by Toe; 02-24-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #109 of 289 Old 02-24-2016, 11:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I had the original CD and it sounded fantastic, so I paid an ungodly amount for the MFSL fancy CD. It ended up sounding exactly the same. So just get the regular release.
Toe likes this.
post #110 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post
I've gotta track one of these down. Showing $40 minimum on Amazon, and unheard of on eBay.
I've got it, but on DVD (still sounds excellent in DTS). Video is clean and up-scales nice.

Eagles - Farewell Tour 1 (2005) DVD, DTS, No-Subs

Do you already have? :

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (1994) DVD, DTS, No-Subs

Epson 8350 3LCD Projector (96" @ 1080p) ~ Panasonic 850u 46" Plasma TV (1080p)
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR ~ Humax 201 DVR (Spectrum) ~ Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray Player
AppleTV-HD (Gen-4) ~ Roomie Remote & iPort Dock ~ Alexa Echo Plus w/Hub
Harmony Elite w/Hub ~ HTPC (Kodi for Windows) ~ Synology DS412+ 16tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II CS-2 Center, 60 pair, three 40's / PSW-505 12-Inch Sub = 6.1
post #111 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 03:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions, a lot of which I have not heard.

I got The Beatles Love DVD-A for Christmas, but have not listened to it yet since I was waiting on my new surrounds which I got last weekend. Will definitely make this a priority!

EDIT: Noticed the Steely Dan SACD (and Donald Fagen as well) is an import on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Gaucho-Steely-...ct_top?ie=UTF8 any idea if these are region locked or will they play on region A players (or maybe this doesn't apply to SACD like it does blu ray?)?

Not to get further off topic, but no, SACDs aren't region locked. I have Gaucho and Donald Fagen's Nightfly, both are excellent on SACD.
Toe and captainbrent like this.

Last edited by Tornado Red; 02-25-2016 at 06:42 AM.
post #112 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
You sir, are a man of extraordinary taste and fine discrimination! Thought I would peruse this thread, get some ideas, but had not imagined anyone else knew of this one. The best recording of music I have -- so crystal clean of any trace of sonic barnacles, plus, just for that extra kicker, features a section where Corea's keyboard has an area programmed to unload some pretty emphatic low bumps every time he hits a key.

I had the recent experience of marveling at how good this sounded, then followed it up with another favorite, Jeff Beck's Live at Ronnie Scott's -- found I couldn't make it very far on that latter -- I was shocked at how it compared to RTF. So shocked, I think I have to repeat that just to assure myself I heard what I did. I thought the Jeff Beck one to be something of a benchmark, but compared to RTF directly after on that day...well, like I say, it may have ruined me for the JB one, much as I LOVE Jeff Beck.....
post #113 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
You sir, are a man of extraordinary taste and fine discrimination! Thought I would peruse this thread, get some ideas, but had not imagined anyone else knew of this one. The best recording of music I have -- so crystal clean of any trace of sonic barnacles, plus, just for that extra kicker, features a section where Corea's keyboard has an area programmed to unload some pretty emphatic low bumps every time he hits a key.

I had the recent experience of marveling at how good this sounded, then followed it up with another favorite, Jeff Beck's Live at Ronnie Scott's -- found I couldn't make it very far on that latter -- I was shocked at how it compared to RTF. So shocked, I think I have to repeat that just to assure myself I heard what I did. I thought the Jeff Beck one to be something of a benchmark, but compared to RTF directly after on that day...well, like I say, it may have ruined me for the JB one, much as I LOVE Jeff Beck.....
I picked up this blu ray after rd's recommendation as well and totally agree with how great this disc is. One of the reasons it may not get more love is that being jazz fusion may take it out of the main stream of many listeners. If so, that's a pity.
post #114 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I picked up this blu ray after rd's recommendation as well and totally agree with how great this disc is. One of the reasons it may not get more love is that being jazz fusion may take it out of the main stream of many listeners. If so, that's a pity.
Ah! Well, count yourself another man of unassailable taste and fine discrimination, and perhaps with the three of us disseminating word of its virtue, it will gain wider exposure.

I did not buy on the basis of one recommendation -- not sure that is enough for me any more, made too many mistakes, but I was a fan from a long time back, and of material considerably more avant garde I will say. Mahavishnu Orchestra one of my faves -- tried to get Mclaughlin's blu, but I'm serious about this Return To Forever disc, it may ruin you for other recordings.

I purchased about four or five other concert blus, including a few listed herein (not because they were here, since I just now looked in on this thread in the last few days), but got about one or two selections in on the lot of them, never to be listened to again. I'm looking very closely at Botti In Boston from the number of testimonials -- does this ever go down in price?

Now you did mention the nature of RTF's music, and even though this is exactly my cup of tea, honestly I could go for Mariachi music, or opera, if the recording were this good -- to me, the recording is virtually everything. The sound of instruments sounding real and live just turns me on.

Mentioning opera, the sequence in the latest Mission Impossible was/is sublime, maybe the second best music recording in my collection, but not to be regarded as a proper concert, even though live on stage. The blu of Patricia Barber Modern Cool while not a concert, and audio only, deserves mention as among the best there is...
post #115 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
Ah! Well, count yourself another man of unassailable taste and fine discrimination, and perhaps with the three of us disseminating word of its virtue, it will gain wider exposure.

I did not buy on the basis of one recommendation -- not sure that is enough for me any more, made too many mistakes, but I was a fan from a long time back, and of material considerably more avant garde I will say. Mahavishnu Orchestra one of my faves -- tried to get Mclaughlin's blu, but I'm serious about this Return To Forever disc, it may ruin you for other recordings.

I purchased about four or five other concert blus, including a few listed herein (not because they were here, since I just now looked in on this thread in the last few days), but got about one or two selections in on the lot of them, never to be listened to again. I'm looking very closely at Botti In Boston from the number of testimonials -- does this ever go down in price?

Now you did mention the nature of RTF's music, and even though this is exactly my cup of tea, honestly I could go for Mariachi music, or opera, if the recording were this good -- to me, the recording is virtually everything. The sound of instruments sounding real and live just turns me on.

Mentioning opera, the sequence in the latest Mission Impossible was/is sublime, maybe the second best music recording in my collection, but not to be regarded as a proper concert, even though live on stage. The blu of Patricia Barber Modern Cool while not a concert, and audio only, deserves mention as among the best there is...
As for recommendations, if you slum around forums enough, you find people who's opinion you trust and/or have a similar taste to your own. Don't know how often Chris Botti in Boston comes on sale, but it's certainly recommended. One of only two BD concerts I have that are 7.1. Anyway, I have 150 or so BD concerts (plus some HFPAs), if you are interested in how any of them perform, you can click on my bluray.com signature and click "collections" to see them. Send me a message and I'd be glad to give you my opinion for what it's worth. I don't pump any of them up if they don't deserve it, I certainly have a few stinkers mixed in there.
post #116 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As for recommendations, if you slum around forums enough, you find people who's opinion you trust and/or have a similar taste to your own. Don't know how often Chris Botti in Boston comes on sale, but it's certainly recommended. One of only two BD concerts I have that are 7.1. Anyway, I have 150 or so BD concerts (plus some HFPAs), if you are interested in how any of them perform, you can click on my bluray.com signature and click "collections" to see them. Send me a message and I'd be glad to give you my opinion for what it's worth. I don't pump any of them up if they don't deserve it, I certainly have a few stinkers mixed in there.
Oh man, thank you good brother, you have definitely put yourself on my radar as far as knowing what you are talking about, and that is quite some impressive number of acquisitions -- will check out later as well as PM when I have more time!
post #117 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I played my daughter's Katy Perry Prism Concert and it not only sounded great, it was really fun to watch, much more so than your average concert. It is closer to going to a Vegas show. So if you have a younger crowd and want to have interesting visuals with the music, its a pretty cheap demo for only $12 at Best Buy.

I also own and love the Eagles and Metallica Blu rays, but the visuals aren't even close to the Prism disc.

James

My theater build 2015 (Circle N theater)
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html
post #118 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The music itself isn't what we're talking about here is it? I thought we were talking about sound and image quality. There are lots of great concert videos if you consider the music and performance. There aren't nearly as many really good sounding and looking ones.
post #119 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro28 View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I played my daughter's Katy Perry Prism Concert and it not only sounded great, it was really fun to watch, much more so than your average concert. It is closer to going to a Vegas show. So if you have a younger crowd and want to have interesting visuals with the music, its a pretty cheap demo for only $12 at Best Buy.

I also own and love the Eagles and Metallica Blu rays, but the visuals aren't even close to the Prism disc.
Won't get flamed by me, if you like the performance then that's what counts. Besides, I have an Owl City concert I like to watch
post #120 of 289 Old 02-25-2016, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Won't get flamed by me, if you like the performance then that's what counts. Besides, I have an Owl City concert I like to watch
I hear you, to each his own -- and I think the Perry rec was well explained for the appeal it was said to have -- exactly the kind of information I might seek out in this thread.....oh, plus, I happen to like Katy ALOT -- one of the most gifted amongst current popular songwriters.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page