Paul McCartney Archive Collection Rip-Off - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Manus Mc Guirk

post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2019, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Paul McCartney Archive Collection Rip-Off

A Cautionary Tale.

Just a word of warning to anyone considering purchasing any of the Paul McCartney Archive Collection sets . I recently purchased a copy of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound ' boxset online only to find that the download page no longer works . I contacted the seller ( who did their best ) , Paul McCartney's webmaster ( no reply , no help ) and Universal Music ( worse than useless ) who informed me that as this was an 'old item' ( released in 2014 ) and they are no longer supporting it ( so stop selling them then ! ) they were unwilling to supply a new link or set of download files .

So Im returning my WATSOS boxset for a refund and would strongly advise people to check before they buy as Universal Music are not honouring their own contents sheet as attached. Such a pity , as I already own 8 others in this series but that's it , no more for me . Paul McCartney deserves better , and so do we .

Very disappointing,

~M~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	watsos.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	2568214  
mcallister likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-18-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 409
That is common actually. Disney blu-rays came with an online "Disney Vault" that is no longer supported. You can pretty much expect that online content isn't going to be supported after the first six months or so.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-19-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 79
It’s bull****

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-29-2019, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manus Mc Guirk View Post
A Cautionary Tale.

Just a word of warning to anyone considering purchasing any of the Paul McCartney Archive Collection sets . I recently purchased a copy of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound ' boxset online only to find that the download page no longer works . I contacted the seller ( who did their best ) , Paul McCartney's webmaster ( no reply , no help ) and Universal Music ( worse than useless ) who informed me that as this was an 'old item' ( released in 2014 ) and they are no longer supporting it ( so stop selling them then ! ) they were unwilling to supply a new link or set of download files .

So Im returning my WATSOS boxset for a refund and would strongly advise people to check before they buy as Universal Music are not honouring their own contents sheet as attached. Such a pity , as I already own 8 others in this series but that's it , no more for me . Paul McCartney deserves better , and so do we .

Very disappointing,

~M~
Are you downloading for the hi-res or just to have them in digital form? There’s nothing on the downloads that isn’t on the discs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page