Pink Floyd - The Later Years 1987-2019 Boxset - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 112Likes

post #1 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Pink Floyd - The Later Years 1987-2019 Boxset

It's not written in stone yet but there is talk of the Pink Floyd - The Later Years 1987-2019 Boxset coming out in November. Should be an official annoucement coming soon.
For those who are interested you better save your money as it is reported to cost $500 US !!
Hopefully there will be a better list of what albums will be on the Blu-Ray and more audio info.
There is a thread on the Hoffman forum if you want to wade through 118 pages here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...elease.686697/

• CD
- Disc 1: A Momentary lapse Of Reason - Remastered & Updated
(AMLOR Remixed with new Nick parts and Rick live parts)
- Disc 2: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Remixed Part 1
- Disc 3: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Remixed Part 2
(Expanded album with complete concert and original order - hopefully with the complete Comfortably Numb)
- Disc 4: Live Recordings
("Peace Be With You" and hopefully something else we haven't heard beofre;
Single Edits of "High Hopes", "Take It Back" and others;
"Lost For Words" rehearsal and maybe others;
Probably a few more tracks from The Big Spliff;
"Echoes" '87?
Barbican performance to close)
- Disc 5: Knebworth Concert 1990
(Complete concert - probably minus TGGitS)

• Blu-Ray
- Disc 6: Surround & Hi-Res Audio Mixes
(Surround mixes of 'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason' 'The Division Bell' and 'The Endless River')
- Disc 7: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Restored And Remixed
(Complete concert minus "Welcome To The Machine", with video restored minus effects and original concert order - Still holding a small hope that we get the complete CN solo)
- Disc 8: PULSE - Restored & Re-Edited
(Same as we had before on DVD but with upgraded video quality. Still holding a small hope that we get complete performances of CN and Sorrow)
- Disc 9: Venice Concert 1989 / Knebworth Concert 1990
(Complete concerts - probably minus TGGitS from Knebworth - with video restored and audio remastered)
- Disc 10: Unreleased Live Films + Music Videos & Concert Screen Films
(Music videos of 'Learning To Fly', 'One Slip', 'On The Turning Away', 'Take it Back', 'High Hopes' and 'Marooned';
Screen films from AMOR and TDB tours;
Rehearsals
Maybe a little extra from Atlanta or Versailles)
- Disc 11: Documentaries & Unreleased Material
(The Endless River Ian Emes films, Omnibus, Barbican, Venice documentary (please!))

• DVD
- Disc 12: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Restored And Remixed
(same content as above)
- Disc 13: PULSE - Restored & Re-Edited
(same content as above)
- Disc 14: Venice Concert 1989 / Knebworth Concert 1990
(same content as above)
- Disc 15: Unreleased Live Films + Music Videos & Concert Screen Films
(same content as above)
- Disc 16: Documentaries & Unreleased Material
(same content as above)

• VINYL
- Anorld Layne (Live at the Barbican) / Bike (Live at the Barbican)
- Lost For Words (Rehearsal Edit) / ?

• BOOKS & MISC
- Book with lyrics
- Pink Floyd World Tour 1988 Tour Program
- The Division Bell Tour Program
- Posters
- Ticket replicas
- Stickers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81C9oFZncIL.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	2607824  

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K M7 side surround speakers - M&K B1600 Height speakers - Atmos speakers 4X M&K M5's - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs -
Processor - Marantz 8805 (soon) - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Denon AVR 4810CI (2nd amp) - Oppo BDP-203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 64TB - LG OLED 65" C8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post
- Disc 7: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Restored And Remixed
(Complete concert minus "Welcome To The Machine", with video restored minus effects and original concert order - Still holding a small hope that we get the complete CN solo)
- Disc 8: PULSE - Restored & Re-Edited
(Same as we had before on DVD but with upgraded video quality. Still holding a small hope that we get complete performances of CN and Sorrow)
- Disc 9: Venice Concert 1989 / Knebworth Concert 1990
(Complete concerts - probably minus TGGitS from Knebworth - with video restored and audio remastered)
- Disc 10: Unreleased Live Films + Music Videos & Concert Screen Films
(Music videos of 'Learning To Fly', 'One Slip', 'On The Turning Away', 'Take it Back', 'High Hopes' and 'Marooned';
Screen films from AMOR and TDB tours;
Rehearsals
Maybe a little extra from Atlanta or Versailles)
- Disc 11: Documentaries & Unreleased Material
(The Endless River Ian Emes films, Omnibus, Barbican, Venice documentary (please!))

• DVD
- Disc 12: Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Restored And Remixed
(same content as above)
- Disc 13: PULSE - Restored & Re-Edited
(same content as above)
- Disc 14: Venice Concert 1989 / Knebworth Concert 1990
(same content as above)
- Disc 15: Unreleased Live Films + Music Videos & Concert Screen Films
(same content as above)
- Disc 16: Documentaries & Unreleased Material
(same content as above)
I wonder why they feel fit to release the same content on different disc formats. Doesn't everybody who can afford to buy these boxed-sets have a Blu-ray player now
Toe, DAB, mcallister and 2 others like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
post #3 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Out of interest...

How many Pink Floyd 'studio albums' have been made available in surround sound? I currently have: -

[1973] Dark Side Of The Moon
[1975] Wish You Were Here
[1994] The Division Bell
[2014] The Endless River

As far as I can see, the only new surround sound studio album in this proposed boxed set is '[1987] A Momentary lapse Of Reason'...

Cheers

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2067 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Out of interest...

How many Pink Floyd 'studio albums' have been made available in surround sound? I currently have: -

[1973] Dark Side Of The Moon
[1975] Wish You Were Here
[1994] The Division Bell
[2014] The Endless River

As far as I can see, the only new surround sound studio album in this proposed boxed set is '[1987] A Momentary lapse Of Reason'...

Cheers
That's about it. However the Early Years set did have a hidden quad mix of Meddle I would LOVE to have. But it wasn't supposed to be officially released for whatever reason.

Even though I have most of this already the concerts and AMLOR make it worth considering.

post #5 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
That's about it. However the Early Years set did have a hidden quad mix of Meddle I would LOVE to have. But it wasn't supposed to be officially released for whatever reason.
Oh yes I remember reading about this revelation. I wonder how many people here managed to acquire this particular release?
Brian Hampton likes this.

post #6 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Oh yes I remember reading about this revelation. I wonder how many people here managed to acquire this particular release?
A few over on the Hoffman forum were finding and listening to it. I'm just not enough of a fan of the Barrett era to fork out the cash for the set for Meddle. Should probably start checking to see if any of these sets are showing up used for reasonable prices.

post #7 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Atom Heart Mother has a released Quad mix which is highly enjoyable. I think Meddle was post Sid era.
post #8 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
Atom Heart Mother has a released Quad mix which is highly enjoyable. I think Meddle was post Sid era.
It is post Syd, but most of the music in that box set is Syd era material.

I personally put Meddle as the start of the golden era that ends for me with Animals. But they aren't asking me

post #9 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2225 Post(s)
Liked: 3452
It's a nice looking boxset but if the cost is in the $400-$500 range I'll pass. Hopefully there will be separate book sets like with the Early Days box set.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #10 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 918
I have the initial release of the Early Years ...

So,... I have the stereo and surround versions of Meddle. One of the days surround mix sounds strange to me but I suppose it's just a different mix so that explains that. Could never really put my finger on what's "wrong" with it... Just heard the regular version so many times a different mix sounds different.

I should mention that I have EVERYTHING else that I know of about by Pink Floyd so I get a little bummed when stuff like the singles mixes get released when I have had them for several years. But it's cool... This will be good too.

PF is the closest thing I have to religion so I'll be buying it ... Though most often I'll be listening to them via Apple Music now.

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 08-27-2019 at 02:56 PM.
post #11 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
The surround of Animals would excite me more.
post #12 of 98 Old 08-27-2019, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I also have the initial release of the P F Early Years and have the stereo and surround versions of Meddle. I thought the surround mix sounded quite good. I would also be thrilled if there was a surround mix of Animals, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K M7 side surround speakers - M&K B1600 Height speakers - Atmos speakers 4X M&K M5's - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs -
Processor - Marantz 8805 (soon) - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Denon AVR 4810CI (2nd amp) - Oppo BDP-203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 64TB - LG OLED 65" C8
post #13 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 02:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
The surround of Animals would excite me more.
Wait for the Pink Floyd Middle Years box set but that one may be a bit more expensive.
post #14 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 02:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 83
There won’t be a middle years boxset, the immersion sets covered that.

post #15 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey Yous,

AMLOR may be my least favorite PF album.. I think it may be.

It get a little love for putting the band back to work and getting them on what was a great tour.

I didn't discover PF until after the Final Cut and I figured I missed the whole show.

Still... I am hopeful to have the entire Catalog in 5.1 and/or at least stereo 24/96 so if it's the only thing good about the set apart from the great packaging I will buy it.

I already have a Division Bell tour book which looks to be included and nice European tickets which also look to be reproduced.

I guess Animals is problematic. It isn't popular (though it's fantastic) and it remains mostly credited to Roger (which isn't fair because I think the skill of the band is showcased more then the great lyrics.)

I asked Tim Renwick if they would play anything off Animals when I met him before the start of the Division Bell tour in Miami and he said that's all Roger's.

I had the Venice show on bad VHS so that will be a bonus. Hate that Welcome to the Machine seems to have been excluded as that was certainly a very wonderful part of the tour back in the day.

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 08-28-2019 at 04:50 AM.
post #16 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
And the wait for The Wall in surround continues !

Cheers,
Brian Hampton and kokishin like this.
post #17 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

5.1 of Piper at the Gates of Dawn was part of the description of the anniversary deluxe set initially and at the time Nick Mason said the entire catalog was going to be available in surround... I hope he was right.

Roger Waters may have some strategy in mind as he could have should have released it during the Wall type blitz he recently conducted.

He has a movie of his most recent tour Us and Them coming out so I hope he plans more things. Guess the problem is he can't market the old PF stuff under his name.

-Brian
post #18 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
And the wait for The Wall in surround continues !

Cheers,
Pick up Roger's Blu Ray with Atmos. It's missing Gilmour, Wright and Mason, but Roger had mostly pushed them aside by the point the Wall was produced. Good mix and more energy than the studio dirge.

post #19 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hey Yous,

AMLOR may be my least favorite PF album.. I think it may be.

It get a little love for putting the band back to work and getting them on what was a great tour.
I think it may depend on when you discovered the band. AMLOR was the album out there when I was getting into music. It's certainly less than perfect, but there are definitely songs that work. If you listen to Delicate Sound of Thunder (the tour you mention) the music certainly sounds better with the traditional Floyd instrumentation vs. the 80's synth used in the studio. Definitely gets my hopes up for Wright/Mason with their traditional instruments being put into the studio tracks for this album in the set.

It's just a shame that for legal reasons they couldn't include Wright on the original studio album at the time (he was considered a hired musician on the tour). After the dust cleared from the legal battle with Roger they were able to finally bring him officially back. So having Rick back in AMLOR as he should have been from the start will be a wonderful thing.

Quote:
I didn't discover PF until after the Final Cut and I figured I missed the whole show.
Naw. Their music is timeless to me and most fans. Listening DSOTM or WYWH is just as meaningful today as it was when they were released. The Final Cut was essentially a Roger solo project that just had the name Pink Floyd attached. Wright was out of the picture since being fired by Roger during The Wall. Mason only did the mixing. Gilmour was hired as a session guitarist only. It still has some good tracks, but if you listen to where Roger went after this and PF prior catalog it's plain this is far more Roger than the band.

Quote:
Still... I am hopeful to have the entire Catalog in 5.1 and/or at least stereo 24/96 so if it's the only thing good about the set apart from the great packaging I will buy it.

I already have a Division Bell tour book which looks to be included and nice European tickets which also look to be reproduced.

I guess Animals is problematic. It isn't popular (though it's fantastic) and it remains mostly credited to Roger (which isn't fair because I think the skill of the band is showcased more then the great lyrics.)

I asked Tim Renwick if they would play anything off Animals when I met him before the start of the Division Bell tour in Miami and he said that's all Roger's.

I had the Venice show on bad VHS so that will be a bonus. Hate that Welcome to the Machine seems to have been excluded as that was certainly a very wonderful part of the tour back in the day.

-Brian
I think you'll find most fans hold Animals in high regard. My only critique of it is that it was the start of Roger really asserting himself to the detriment of the rest of the band. Gilmour and Wright were both better vocalists IMO and were mostly sidelined. Still a fantastic album both lyrically and musically and as I said above the last of my golden era of Floyd.
mik2h likes this.

Last edited by jeahrens; 08-28-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #20 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

While I thought I missed everything ... I did manage to catch a few shows.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	orange bowl.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2608400   Click image for larger version

Name:	citrus bowl.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2608402   Click image for larger version

Name:	lille france.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2608404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe Robbie.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	2608406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chantilly.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	2608408  

post #21 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

One more as I went over the limit...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Strasbourg.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	2608410  
post #22 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I don’t believe the multi tracks exist to Piper so there won’t be a true 5.1/atmos mix ever released unfortunately.

post #23 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One more as I went over the limit...
Fantastic! I was just young enough when they were touring in '88 to not be able to go. I did get to go to the Pulse tour in '94. Still my favorite concert. I was able to see David Gilmour twice in Chicago on his last tour and he was phenomenal. I wanted to see Roger Waters in Kansas City on The Wall stop but family responsibilities didn't allow for it.

Congrats on all those awesome stops and the memories they undoubtedly made.
Brian Hampton likes this.

post #24 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Roger Waters Pros and Cons was the first PF related concert I went to in (I think 86) Oakland Ca.

I saw both Roger and David several times solo... Finally I was lucky enough to catch Echoes live at Radio City Music Hall on the On an Island tour. Saw RW do the full DSoTM and later The Wall tour.

More Recently I took my kids to see RW at the Newport Folk Festival and my 2 older kids to see DG at MSG on the Rattle that Lock tour.

I should be interested in this "later years" box set because that's the stuff I was somewhat present for.

To the other notion that 5.1 mixes don't exist for PatGoD ... That is likely true but it was listed as a third disc (SACD) on the original specs for the anniversary deluxe set. I assume they were going to create the 5.1 mix from existing elements. Either way the final set scrapped the idea.
post #25 of 98 Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
5.1 of Piper at the Gates of Dawn was part of the description of the anniversary deluxe set initially and at the time Nick Mason said the entire catalog was going to be available in surround... I hope he was right.

Roger Waters may have some strategy in mind as he could have should have released it during the Wall type blitz he recently conducted.

He has a movie of his most recent tour Us and Them coming out so I hope he plans more things. Guess the problem is he can't market the old PF stuff under his name.

-Brian

I’ll believe any surround mixes when I see them. The Wall 5.1 should have been included in the Immersion box, the 5.1 of Meddle was unofficially included in the Early Years box, then disappeared in the separate releases. Animals is still vaporware up to this point.

Supposedly this is all because the band still can’t get along after all these years.

Although I love Floyd, I can’t stomach the a-holes in the band.
mcallister and mik2h like this.
post #26 of 98 Old 08-29-2019, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
The Wall 5.1 should have been included in the Immersion box
Yep !!

I have the Immersion sets of DSOTM and WYWH but passed on The Wall.

Cheers,
post #27 of 98 Old 08-29-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Yep !!

I have the Immersion sets of DSOTM and WYWH but passed on The Wall.

Cheers,
Sounds like you passed on The Division Bell box set also.
Maybe that was just deluxe not immersion but it was about the same size weight and scope of the immersion sets.
(So did I ... but this later years box set will catch me up to some stuff I kind of already have.)
post #28 of 98 Old 08-29-2019, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well is offically up on SuperDeluxeEdition with a release date of November 29th
It's still showing that it's close to $500 as a preorder. $474.98 on Amazon OUCH!!
https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...ars-1987-2019/

Blu-rays

6 x Blu-rays, each contained in a gatefold wallet with dedicated cover art, including track listings and music publishing credits. Discs contained in protective plastic sleeves inside wallet.

Blu-ray 1 Surround & Hi-res Audio Mixes (152 mins)

A Momentary Lapse of Reason Remixed & Updated 2019

Surround: dts Master Audio 5.1 (96/24), PCM 5.1 (96/24) PCM Stereo (96/24)
Signs Of Life
Learning To Fly
The Dogs Of War
One Slip
On The Turning Away
Yet Another Movie
Round And Around
A New Machine Part 1
Terminal Frost
A New Machine Part 2
Sorrow
The Division Bell 2014 remix

Surround: 5.1 dts Master Audio (96/24), PCM 5.1 (96/24)
Cluster One
What Do You Want From Me
Poles Apart
Marooned
A Great Day For Freedom
Wearing The Inside Out
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Keep Talking
Lost For Words
High Hopes
Unreleased studio recordings

Surround: 5.1 dts Master Audio (96/24), 5.1 PCM (96/24) PCM Stereo (96/24)
Blues 1 (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
Slippery Guitar (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
Rick’s Theme (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
David’s Blues (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
Marooned Jam (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
Nervana (unreleased 1994 recording 5.1 mix)
High Hopes (Early Version) (Alternative Version 5.1 mix)
Blu-ray 2 ‘Delicate Sound Of Thunder’ Restored & Remixed (120 mins)

Stereo: PCM 96/24
Surround: dts Master audio 5.1 (96/24)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts 1-5
Signs Of Life
Learning To Fly
Sorrow
The Dogs Of War
On The Turning Away
One Of These Days
Time
On The Run
The Great Gig In The Sky
Wish You Were Here
Us And Them
Money
Comfortably Numb
One Slip
Run Like Hell
Blu-ray 3 ‘Pulse’ Restored & Re-edited (145 mins)

Filmed live on 20 October 1994 at Earls Court, London, UK
Stereo: PCM 48/24.
Surround: dts Master audio 5.1 (96/24)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts 1-5, 7
Learning To Fly
High Hopes
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
One Of These Days
Speak To Me
Breathe (In The Air)
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Blu-ray 4 Venice Concert 1989 & Knebworth Concert 1990 (147 mins)

LIVE IN VENICE 15 JULY 1989

Stereo only: PCM 48/24
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Part 1
Learning To Fly
Yet Another Movie
Round And Around
Sorrow
The Dogs Of War
On The Turning Away
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Wish You Were Here
Money
Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Fireworks
Live at Knebworth 30 July 1990

Stereo: PCM 48/24.
Surround: DTS Master audio 5.1 (48/24)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts 1-5
The Great Gig In The Sky
Wish You Were Here
Sorrow
Money
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Blu-ray 5 Unreleased Live Films Music Videos & Concert Screen Films (154 mins)

Stereo PCM (48/24)
Music Videos:
Learning To Fly
Marooned
Take It Back
High Hopes
Louder Than Words
Learning To Fly (alternate version)
Bonus Live Tracks from Delicate Sound Of Thunder
Yet Another Movie
Round And Around
A New Machine Part 1
Terminal Frost
A New Machine Part 2
Tour Rehearsal 1994:
A Great Day for Freedom Version 1
A Great Day for Freedom Version 2
Lost for Words
Concert Screen Films 1987
Signs of Life
Learning To Fly
The Dogs of War
One Of These Days
Speak To Me
On The Run
Us And Them
Money
Brain Damage + Eclipse
Concert Screen Films 1994
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts 1-4, 7
Speak To Me
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them (Black & White)
Us And Them (Colour)
Brain Damage + Eclipse – North American dates
Brain Damage + Eclipse – European dates
Brain Damage – Earls Court, London dates
Wish You Were (Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction)
Wish You Were Here with Billy Corgan
Blu-ray 6 Documentaries & Unreleased Material (122 mins)

Stereo PCM (48/24) except *The Endless River film Stereo PCM (96/24) 5.1 dts Master Audio (96/24)

Arnold Layne (Live at Syd Barrett Tribute 2007)
A Momentary Lapse of Reason – Album Cover
The Division Bell heads album cover photography
Pulse TV ad 1995
The Endless River film By Ian Emes* Stereo: PCM (96/24. Surround: 5.1 dts Master Audio (96/24)
SIDE 1
Things Left Unsaid
It’s What We Do
Ebb and Flow
SIDE 2
Sum
Skins
Unsung
Anisina
SIDE 3
The Lost Art of Conversation
On Noodle Street
Night Light
Allons-y (1)
Autumn ’68
Allons-y (2)
Talkin’ Hawkin’
SIDE 4
Calling
Eyes to Pearls
Surfacing
Louder Than Words
A Momentary Lapse of Reason cover shoot interview with David Gilmour and Storm Thorgerson
The Division Bell Airships 1994
Behind The Scenes – The Division Bell Tour
Arnold Layne Rehearsal (Syd Barrett tribute 2007)
The Endless River – Launch Event 2014
The Endless River EPK 2014

Reading the Blu-Ray list I'm pretty disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	blurays-480x294.png
Views:	8
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	2608670  

post #29 of 98 Old 08-29-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Although I love Floyd, I can’t stomach the a-holes in the band.
I'm not picking sides but I've yet to see David do something wrong. I saw him at Joe Robbie visiting the handicapped section and greeting people (RW does this too).. I saw him swamped with people when he came out of Radio City Music hall ... they were shoving anything they could find in his face for autographs and he was patient and polite. He almost forgot to give back a pen but then he remembered.

He must get some karmic credit for the charities that he gives millions to.

-Brian
Bill Mac, Sal1950 and mik2h like this.
post #30 of 98 Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not picking sides but I've yet to see David do something wrong. I saw him at Joe Robbie visiting the handicapped section and greeting people (RW does this too).. I saw him swamped with people when he came out of Radio City Music hall ... they were shoving anything they could find in his face for autographs and he was patient and polite. He almost forgot to give back a pen but then he remembered.

He must get some karmic credit for the charities that he gives millions to.

-Brian
If you read up on the band and the turbulent period before the split, the main driver behind the discord was Roger. As far as the band today, I think they are in a good place. The Wall concert Blu has a lot of introspection from Roger. Through therapy and time he's come to terms with who he was then and who he is now. A lot of the back and forth on what's going on with the music has to do with various labels going under and issues with the rights. I know EMI going under has a lot do with it.

Even Dave and Roger seem cordial with one another these days. Certainly not friends, but at peace with where things are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page