Riverside - Wasteland surround mix - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
  • 5 Post By JonFo
  • 1 Post By weekendtoy
  • 1 Post By JonFo

post #1 of 4 Old 09-20-2019, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Riverside - Wasteland surround mix

New surround edition of the 2018 masterpiece 'Wasteland' will be released in a CD/DVD high-res stereo + surround mix package.

Here is what the band had to say about this release on their FB page today:

And so we've been talked into this yet again 🙂 It's our second encounter, after LFTM, with the surround sound. We're hoping that revisiting this release in a different dimension will bring you a lot of joy and positive feelings, especially that we're still touring with this material. As a bonus, we have prepared a few acoustic tracks in quite surprising arrangements. We're hoping it will be an interesting experience!

A special edition 2CD+DVD version of the “Wasteland” album is scheduled for release on November 29th, 2019 via InsideOutMusic.

The ”Wasteland - Hi-Res Stereo and Surround Mix” 2CD+DVD will be released as Digipak format with Slipcase and includes a DVD bonus disc of “Wasteland” as Hi-Res Stereo 24bit version and as Surround Mix, plus 3 video clips („Lament”, „River Down Below”, „Wasteland”).

This special edition also contains 5 previously unreleased acoustic versions on a separate CD.

1. Vale of Tears - Acoustic (05:18)
2. Out of Myself - Acoustic (03:57)
3. 02 Panic Room - Acoustic (03:26)
4. River Down Below - Acoustic (05:01)
5. Wasteland - Live Intro (09:00)

Note: the surround mix is 4.1 (no center), which is a bummer for me, as I have a massive (2'x4' line-array) center that is tailor-built for Steven Wilson and Mariuz Duda bass playing in their 5.1 mixes. But I guess most do not have capable centers, so they avoided it here.

Pre-order today from Burning Shed: https://burningshed.com/riverside_wasteland_cd-dvd

Click image for larger version

Name:	RiversideWastelandDVD_M.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	2617842

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-20-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1554
Pre-ordered, thanks!

The only other album I have from Riverside is 'Love, Fear And The Time Machine (DTS 5.1)' which is a wonderful listening experience. A required album in ones surround collection. Interesting that both albums have the same color palet.

JonFo likes this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-20-2019, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post
Pre-ordered, thanks!

The only other album I have from Riverside is 'Love, Fear And The Time Machine (DTS 5.1)' which is a wonderful listening experience. A required album in ones surround collection. Interesting that both albums have the same color palet.

Yep, have that one as well, and I think there is a theme here, the surround mixes of the albums are 'tinted' with red overlay. Which is helpful, as I buy each and every release Riverside / Lunatic Soul ever releases (as pre-orders usually). Big fan

Can't wait to someday buy a box set of all their albums remixed into Atmos on BluRays! one can dream ...

Riverside is a good example of a band that responds to demand from us 'surround-heads' and will actually re-mix and release multichannel versions. Nice extra revenue for little effort. Follow them on FB and chime in demanding surround mixes.
weekendtoy likes this.

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-20-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 1554
Correction: Love Fear... is on DVDA not DTS.

Well technically both I guess, but is DVDA.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page