Steven Wilson New Sudio Album Future Bites in Dolby Atmos! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
  • 9 Post By JJHXBR
  • 2 Post By weekendtoy
  • 3 Post By ti-triodes

post #1 of 11 Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Steven Wilson New Sudio Album Future Bites in Dolby Atmos!

Steven Wilson returns with The Future Bites, his sixth studio album, in June.

The nine-track album follows 2017’s To The Bone and is available across a number of physical formats, including coloured vinyl, blu-ray, CD and the traditional deluxe box set (exclusive to Wilson’s online store).

The blu-ray in the box features a hi-res stereo version of The Future Bites, and a 5.1 mix, but for the first time we also get a Dolby Atmos mix of a Steven Wilson album as part of the offering. Two promo videos are also included. The cassette tape features four exclusive demos.

The blu-ray is available separately and the album is also being issued on cassette, although that’s not to be confused with the tape you get in the limited deluxe box set, which is exclusive, with the demos.

The Future Bites will be released on 12 June 2020.

Track Listing

1. UNSELF
2. SELF
3. KING GHOST
4. 12 THINGS I FORGOT
5. EMINENT SLEAZE
6. PERSONAL SHOPPER
7. MAN OF THE PEOPLE
8. FOLLOWER
9. ANYONE BUT ME

You can read about it here: https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...s/#more-157074

I'm down for This! Blu-Ray pre-ordered!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	future_bites_cover-480x480.png
Views:	11
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	2696788  
RUR, mikela, weekendtoy and 6 others like this.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K 4X M7 surround speakers - Atmos speakers 4X M&K M5's - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs
Processor - Marantz 8805 - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Denon AVR 4810CI - Oppo BDP-103+203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 64TB - QNAP TR-004 32TB - LG OLED 65" C8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-12-2020, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 1836
Sweet, Mr. Wilson now doing ATMOS mixes!

I thought I had read at one time that he wasn't interested in doing ATMOS.
JJHXBR and AYanguas like this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #3 of 11 Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
Great to see a separate BD.

I was thinking of getting the deluxe box, but it’s only available through SW’s web site. $35 shipping to the US.
Still, all his deluxe boxes go for insane prices once they sell out.

I love reading all the people whining about the single from the new album, as well as his more upbeat music- a la To The Bone- as if he’s supposed to spend his entire career writing about people living their lives in despair and dying alone.

But then, some people still can’t get over Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis.
jazzrock, JJHXBR and RUR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 256
This was awesome news when I saw it. Pre-ordered right away.

Thankful there is a stand-alone BR.

I can't wait to hear it on the 5.4.4 Home Theater and on my Symth Research Realizer A16 Atmos headphone processor. Steven will set a new standard for Atmos music mixes, I'm sure.

Jonathan
post #5 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1352 Post(s)
Liked: 1450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
Great to see a separate BD.

I was thinking of getting the deluxe box, but it’s only available through SW’s web site. $35 shipping to the US.
Still, all his deluxe boxes go for insane prices once they sell out.

I love reading all the people whining about the single from the new album, as well as his more upbeat music- a la To The Bone- as if he’s supposed to spend his entire career writing about people living their lives in despair and dying alone.

But then, some people still can’t get over Peter Gabriel leaving Genesis.
Let's not get carried away, that song is weak and not a great precursor of things might follow, it's not an "upbeat" song since it takes a shot at consumerism which has been done to death by other artists, yes it has a "neo disco" vibe but there is nothing musically that grabs me there. I did like 'To the Bone" BTW not my favorite album but still very good considering what passes for "pop" music these days. Anyway since I have Tidal now I can hear the album prior I decide to get it. Before Steven's albums were a blind buy, not any longer. It's not a complaint at all, I can't think of a single artist who's every albums were great to me, so it's not "whining" it's life.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

You want true diversity? Champion the diversity of thoughts!

The Hun
post #6 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post

I can't wait to hear it on the 5.4.4 Home Theater and on my Symth Research Realizer A16 Atmos headphone processor.
Lucky dog still waiting on mine,[Kicksarter] though I have a Marantz AV 7705 for Atmos and all MCH duties. Did you buy yours retail or Kicksarter?

The Hun
post #7 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Lucky dog still waiting on mine,[Kicksarter] though I have a Marantz AV 7705 for Atmos and all MCH duties. Did you buy yours retail or Kicksarter?
Kickstarter, #153 , received it three weeks ago. It is very cool. Hopefully, you get yours soon.

Jonathan
post #8 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
Kickstarter, #153 , received it three weeks ago. It is very cool. Hopefully, you get yours soon.
Yeah thanks, but it will be awhile, backer #265 here.

The Hun
post #9 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post
Sweet, Mr. Wilson now doing ATMOS mixes!

I thought I had read at one time that he wasn't interested in doing ATMOS.
I thought he said he wasn't gonna redo his, nor the labels were interested in such path. While the labels shown some interest the rolling out once again showing they haven't learned a thing from the past. As for SW I figured he would come around since he's not the one who like to do things the same way all the time.

The Hun
post #10 of 11 Old 04-22-2020, 06:07 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Album now delayed until Jan 29, 2021

Steven Wilson’s forthcoming sixth album has been postponed due to issues arising from the current Coronavirus situation. Originally due for release on 12th June 2020, The Future Bites will now be released on 29th January 2021.

“As with many of my albums, The Future Bites is not just about the music, it's a high concept project which involves design, artwork, video and a tour production, all on a grander scale than anything I've attempted before. However, due to the pandemic, there are unprecedented challenges, ranging from manufacturing issues (particularly in relation to the elaborate deluxe edition) and the uncertainty facing record stores as the coronavirus forces them to close their doors, to being unable to shoot most of the video material I planned. It's therefore with a very heavy heart that I reluctantly need to postpone the release of The Future Bites until such time everything can happen as intended. This will now be January next year, with new music and video starting to be issued again around October. In the meantime the pre-order page for the various editions of the album will remain online. Myself, management, agent and promoters are monitoring the situation regarding the live shows scheduled for this autumn. Should events change we will let everyone know as soon as we do.

“I understand that this may be disappointing news, and to no one more that myself, believe me. I worked on the music and background of this project for the last two years and was thrilled to finally be able to launch it. The response to the Personal Shopper track released last month has been phe-nomenal, and I was looking forward to unveiling more over the next few months in the build up to the release of the album. But alas due to the current circumstances it was not to be.

“I sincerely send everyone reading this a message of good health, and I hope that one day in the not too distant future we can once again focus on things like music, which even if it isn't strictly essential seems to somehow makes life more worthwhile. SW x”
post #11 of 11 Old 04-22-2020, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
Album now delayed until Jan 29, 2021

Steven Wilson’s forthcoming sixth album has been postponed due to issues arising from the current Coronavirus situation. Originally due for release on 12th June 2020, The Future Bites will now be released on 29th January 2021.
I received this message as well. Had placed my pre-order when it first came available, and was really looking forward to the new album. Alas, it's not meant to be for now like with many things caused by this pandemic. Hopefully it will get released in January 2021 and not pushed back further.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K 4X M7 surround speakers - Atmos speakers 4X M&K M5's - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs
Processor - Marantz 8805 - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Denon AVR 4810CI - Oppo BDP-103+203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 64TB - QNAP TR-004 32TB - LG OLED 65" C8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page