Alan Parsons Ammonia Avenue blu-ray 5.1 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 77Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 95 Old 04-18-2020, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Wow... The surround sound mix is really good. Well thought out
JJHXBR likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 95 Old 04-19-2020, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post
Got my copy from Cherry Red on Monday!
Just saw this thread and jumped on an order from Cherry Red myself. For those who have the disc, what is the audio format for the DVD-V (TrueHD, DTS MA or PCM?)
lchiu7 is offline  
post #63 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
Just saw this thread and jumped on an order from Cherry Red myself. For those who have the disc, what is the audio format for the DVD-V (TrueHD, DTS MA or PCM?)
The new 2019 5.1 (6 channel) mix is encoded in lossless DTS-HD MA 96/24 and PCM 96/24. The original 1984 stereo (2.0 channel) mix is encoded in lossless PCM 96/24.


As a side note...

When I backed-up the disc and re-encoded the lossless multi-channel PCM 96/24 audio stream to lossless FLAC, the encoding software detected that the bit-depth has been padded out from 16-bits to 24-bits (and it's the same with the lossless DTS-HD MA audio stream). So both are actually 96kHz / 16-bits.

Also, if you extract the DTS core from the DTS-HD MA audio stream, you obtain a (436MB) DTS 96/24 audio stream, which flags the DTS 96/24 icon on your AVR...


Cheers
head_unit and impetigo like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14,643
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
Just saw this thread and jumped on an order from Cherry Red myself. For those who have the disc, what is the audio format for the DVD-V (TrueHD, DTS MA or PCM?)
It's a Blu-ray not a DVD-V... thankfully.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #65 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
It's a Blu-ray not a DVD-V... thankfully.

Bill
I didn't think it could be a DVD-V since I wasn't sure DVD-V could support the lossless codecs. PCM of course is okay.

If it's a BD then I guess I could just back it up like a movie and play the m2ts file from Plex (which I can do now). I could demux the audio from the m2ts files (or is it ts) but I am not sure the resultant format would be in a form my Plex client (Plex on Kodi on an Odroid C2) could play that. Certainly it can play the m2ts file with TrueHD or DTS MA fine.
lchiu7 is offline  
post #66 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14,643
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
I didn't think it could be a DVD-V since I wasn't sure DVD-V could support the lossless codecs. PCM of course is okay.

If it's a BD then I guess I could just back it up like a movie and play the m2ts file from Plex (which I can do now). I could demux the audio from the m2ts files (or is it ts) but I am not sure the resultant format would be in a form my Plex client (Plex on Kodi on an Odroid C2) could play that. Certainly it can play the m2ts file with TrueHD or DTS MA fine.
Sounds like a lot of work . I'll stick with playing the Blu-ray for now. Seriously computer challenged here .

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #67 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
If it's a BD then I guess I could just back it up like a movie and play the m2ts file from Plex (which I can do now). I could demux the audio from the m2ts files (or is it ts) but I am not sure the resultant format would be in a form my Plex client (Plex on Kodi on an Odroid C2) could play that. Certainly it can play the m2ts file with TrueHD or DTS MA fine.
Yes... You can back up the entire disc using MakeMKV. And use other apps to re-encode and/or re-mux to other containers
drh3b likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
post #68 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ti-triodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Damfino
Posts: 3,264
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 1403
I finally had a chance to listen over the weekend. Damn, this sounds good. I especially liked the rears on “Pipeline”. Very active.


Maybe they can start working on I Robot one of these years?
JonFo, weekendtoy and JJHXBR like this.
ti-triodes is offline  
post #69 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
Sounds like a lot of work . I'll stick with playing the Blu-ray for now. Seriously computer challenged here .

Bill
What else can you do when your country is in lockdown :-) Keeps me out of mischief.

I have backed up a few DVD-A's and it's nice to be able to play them without having to find the disc.
Bill Mac likes this.
lchiu7 is offline  
post #70 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Yes... You can back up the entire disc using MakeMKV. And use other apps to re-encode and/or re-mux to other containers
Yes that was my plan. Depending on how large the video track is, I might just leave it or demux the audio out.
lchiu7 is offline  
post #71 of 95 Old 04-20-2020, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JJHXBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
I finally had a chance to listen over the weekend. Damn, this sounds good. I especially liked the rears on “Pipeline”. Very active.


Maybe they can start working on I Robot one of these years?

I'd really like to hear "I Robot" and "Turn Of A Friendly Card" in surround with the same treatment as the other Alan Parsons BDA's !!!
Bill Mac, ti-triodes and drh3b like this.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K 4X M7 surround speakers - Atmos speakers 4X M&K M5's - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs
Processor - Marantz 8805 - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Denon AVR 4810CI - Oppo BDP-103+203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 64TB - QNAP TR-004 32TB - LG OLED 65" C8
JJHXBR is offline  
post #72 of 95 Old 04-21-2020, 12:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
Yes that was my plan. Depending on how large the video track is, I might just leave it or demux the audio out.
Personally... I always remove the video stream.

And as I'm using an OPPO as a playback device, I leave the audio stream as a long continuous (in this case a FLAC) file and create a .cue sheet for track navigation...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
post #73 of 95 Old 04-21-2020, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ti-triodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Damfino
Posts: 3,264
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post
I'd really like to hear "I Robot" and "Turn Of A Friendly Card" in surround with the same treatment as the other Alan Parsons BDA's !!!

Yeah, I forgot about TOAFC. I’ll take that too.

Maybe I’m a bit crabby after sitting home for a month, but I want them now!
ti-triodes is offline  
post #74 of 95 Old 04-21-2020, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,385
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Eve would be good.
sworth is offline  
post #75 of 95 Old 04-22-2020, 04:41 PM
Member
 
Simm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I received my copy today. I’m on my second listen and feel this is the best sounding of the Alan Parsons Project discs so far. I would really love to get surround mixes of I Robot and Turn Of A Friendly Card.
Bill Mac, JJHXBR and drh3b like this.
Simm is offline  
post #76 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14,643
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simm View Post
I received my copy today. I’m on my second listen and feel this is the best sounding of the Alan Parsons Project discs so far. I would really love to get surround mixes of I Robot and Turn Of A Friendly Card.
I agree that Ammonia Avenue is the best sounding APP multi-channel release so far. Hopefully I Robot and Turn Of A Friendly Card will be even better. Maybe Alan Parsons' multi-channel mixes will improve as each title is released .

Bill
JJHXBR likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #77 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Andre Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I agree that Ammonia Avenue is the best sounding APP multi-channel release so far. Hopefully I Robot and Turn Of A Friendly Card will be even better. Maybe Alan Parsons' multi-channel mixes will improve as each title is released .

Bill
I would love to hear both Pyramid and Gaudi remixed into multi-channel!

Andre'
Andre Smith is offline  
post #78 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14,643
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post
I would love to hear both Pyramid and Gaudi remixed into multi-channel!

Andre'
I do not have either of those APP albums. But the more APP albums that have 5.1 mixes the better! I'd like to see Stereotomy done in 5.1. Probably not a popular choice but Stereotomy was a CD that was played quite often. Had a 1987 IROC with a real nice sound system and Stereotomy was played quite a bit.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #79 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Andre Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I do not have either of those APP albums. But the more APP albums that have 5.1 mixes the better! I'd like to see Stereotomy done in 5.1. Probably not a popular choice but Stereotomy was a CD that was played quite often. Had a 1987 IROC with a real nice sound system and Stereotomy was played quite a bit.

Bill
I always preferred Pyramid over I Robot, even though both are well done and either would sound fabulous remixed in multi-channel with Mr. Parsons ear! Gaudi is worth listening to. Since it was originally recorded direct to digital (DDD), should have a much lower noise floor and better dynamics than his analog predecessors (IMHO). I remember first hearing a few of Gaudi's tracks being played on the old Miami Vice TV series.

Andre'
Andre Smith is offline  
post #80 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 04:56 PM
Member
 
Simm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I do not have either of those APP albums. But the more APP albums that have 5.1 mixes the better! I'd like to see Stereotomy done in 5.1. Probably not a popular choice but Stereotomy was a CD that was played quite often. Had a 1987 IROC with a real nice sound system and Stereotomy was played quite a bit.

Bill
Stereotomy was one of the first CD’s I ever bought.
Simm is offline  
post #81 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Personally... I always remove the video stream.

And as I'm using an OPPO as a playback device, I leave the audio stream as a long continuous (in this case a FLAC) file and create a .cue sheet for track navigation...
I just backed up Eye in the Sky. I removed the video and it became a 2.5G m2ts file. The problem is it's hard to play. I use Plex as my client. When I put the track into my music folder, Plex couldn't find it. So I put it in my movies folder and it recognised it as the movie about drones! But it plays okay but it's one continous track.

It didn't look easy to convert to FLAC using eac3to since the DTS MA audio is not supported by eac2to but it seems DVDAE might do the trick. I might just play the disc instead :-)
lchiu7 is offline  
post #82 of 95 Old 04-23-2020, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 4,501
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2431 Post(s)
Liked: 5363
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
I just backed up Eye in the Sky. I removed the video and it became a 2.5G m2ts file. The problem is it's hard to play. I use Plex as my client. When I put the track into my music folder, Plex couldn't find it. So I put it in my movies folder and it recognised it as the movie about drones! But it plays okay but it's one continous track.

It didn't look easy to convert to FLAC using eac3to since the DTS MA audio is not supported by eac2to but it seems DVDAE might do the trick. I might just play the disc instead :-)
Use the backup function of Makemkv, and then use DVDAE to create flac. Works great. Usually, DVDAE is able to tag it. It will for Eye in the Sky.
captainbrent likes this.

My Stuff.
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #83 of 95 Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
captainbrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Use the backup function of Makemkv, and then use DVDAE to create flac. Works great. Usually, DVDAE is able to tag it. It will for Eye in the Sky.

This!
drh3b likes this.

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo UDP-203 | Roon ROCK Music Server | ATV4K | Vero 4K+ | LG OLED 65E6P | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1's | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2) | GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra | Unraid NAS 40TB
captainbrent is offline  
post #84 of 95 Old 04-24-2020, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,697
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Yep.... In the case of this particular Blu-ray disc, you can use MakeMKV GUI to back-up the disc to an .mkv file (I recommend deselecting the stereo PCM and DTS-HD MA audio streams) keeping the video and multi-channel pcm audio stream.

Then you can use (Mosu's) MKVToolNix to de-select the video stream and create an 'audio only' (multi-channel pcm).mka file, complete with track selection. From there, there are other tools you can use if you want to re-encode the multi-channel audio stream to a multi-channel FLAC audio stream.

All that being said.... Does the nVidia Shield support playback of .mka contained audio files. And if so, does it also support their track navigation/selection?

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
post #85 of 95 Old 04-24-2020, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Use the backup function of Makemkv, and then use DVDAE to create flac. Works great. Usually, DVDAE is able to tag it. It will for Eye in the Sky.
I tried it with Tales of Mystery. Got the 11 tracks out as separate items but each was named Track 01 etc. Had to fix the tags in MP3TAG before Plex would recognise them. But that worked okay.
lchiu7 is offline  
post #86 of 95 Old 04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
head_unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunny L.A.
Posts: 1,689
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked: 403
OK folks, thanks for the heads up, just ordered from ImportCDS! Shold be pretty cool...though most of all it makes me wonder why no Robot or Pyramid
head_unit is offline  
post #87 of 95 Old 04-25-2020, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
captainbrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
I tried it with Tales of Mystery. Got the 11 tracks out as separate items but each was named Track 01 etc. Had to fix the tags in MP3TAG before Plex would recognise them. But that worked okay.

Did you do a search for metadata from within DVDAE?

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo UDP-203 | Roon ROCK Music Server | ATV4K | Vero 4K+ | LG OLED 65E6P | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1's | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2) | GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra | Unraid NAS 40TB
captainbrent is offline  
post #88 of 95 Old 04-26-2020, 01:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lchiu7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrent View Post
Did you do a search for metadata from within DVDAE?
I missed that option :-( I am not a regular user of the program. Nice, thanks.
captainbrent likes this.
lchiu7 is offline  
post #89 of 95 Old 04-26-2020, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ti-triodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Damfino
Posts: 3,264
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by head_unit View Post
OK folks, thanks for the heads up, just ordered from ImportCDS! Shold be pretty cool...though most of all it makes me wonder why no Robot or Pyramid

Supposedly, I, Robot will be next.
ti-triodes is offline  
post #90 of 95 Old 04-26-2020, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Andre Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
Supposedly, I, Robot will be next.
How did you learn about this?
Andre Smith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Surround Music Formats

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off