Sacd/DVDA hdmi vs. Analog - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #61 of 197 Old 05-09-2020, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
@gbaby

What capacity is your USB pen-drive? The large capacity ones often have a hidden partition which might be confusing the player. Also, what file system did you use to format the USB pen-drive?

Personally, I'm using a pen-drive with a capacity of just 512MB, which I formatted to the 'FAT' files system. And it contains the following files, placed within the 'AutoScript' folder: -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oppo.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2723496  
Bill Mac likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 197 Old 05-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
You miss understood my post. In my response to gbaby's post where he stated...

What I meant is that when inserting the USB stick the Oppo 103 or 105 do not power up. Both Oppo players need to be powered up for the drawer to open and to start the ripping process. Yes you can insert the USB stick before powering up. But by doing so it does not power up the 103 or 105.

What I meant to say but did not convey correctly...

...is that if a hard drive is connected to either of the rear USB ports of the 103 the drawer will not open. Remove the connected hard drive then reinsert the USB stick and then the draw will open. In my initial attempt at ripping SACDs I encountered this problem. Once I figured out that there can not be another USB device connected everything went fine. Also the reverse process of powering up the 103 first then inserting the USB stick works just as well.

Apologies to gbaby if my post to assist led to further confusion .

Bill
Got it! Thanks for the explanation.
Bill Mac likes this.
post #63 of 197 Old 05-10-2020, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalJake View Post
Got it! Thanks for the explanation.
Thank you! I make a point to proof read all my posts but that one got by me .

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 197 Old 05-11-2020, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
You miss understood my post. In my response to gbaby's post where he stated...

What I meant is that when inserting the USB stick the Oppo 103 or 105 do not power up. Both Oppo players need to be powered up for the drawer to open and to start the ripping process. Yes you can insert the USB stick before powering up. But by doing so it does not power up the 103 or 105.

What I meant to say but did not convey correctly...

...is that if a hard drive is connected to either of the rear USB ports of the 103 the drawer will not open. Remove the connected hard drive then reinsert the USB stick and then the draw will open. In my initial attempt at ripping SACDs I encountered this problem. Once I figured out that there can not be another USB device connected everything went fine. Also the reverse process of powering up the 103 first then inserting the USB stick works just as well.

Apologies to gbaby if my post to assist led to further confusion .

Bill
I appreciate everyone trying to help. I gave up on this pursuit at the last step. I got everything working, but ripping program on the computer would not communicate with the IP address used by the player. I was told to put the extraction file in a path. I did not understand this so I am giving up as I have been working on this since Friday so I give up as this is not my forte. My understanding of computers are limited although I can use them. If its not plug an play, I'm lost. I'll gladly play my SACD discs and think of them as LPs.
post #65 of 197 Old 05-12-2020, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Liked: 3640
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I appreciate everyone trying to help. I gave up on this pursuit at the last step. I got everything working, but ripping program on the computer would not communicate with the IP address used by the player. I was told to put the extraction file in a path. I did not understand this so I am giving up as I have been working on this since Friday so I give up as this is not my forte. My understanding of computers are limited although I can use them. If its not plug an play, I'm lost. I'll gladly play my SACD discs and think of them as LPs.
I've been there as far as being frustrated with the whole SACD ripping process. The one issue I had with the IP address was that I was adding it incorrectly. Can't recall the exact issue whether it was a the wrong placement of a "." or number placement. But once the IP address was entered correctly everything worked fine.

It really is a simple process once everything is setup properly. My understanding of computers and the terms used is very limited as well. So hopefully you'll give it another shot and possibly you'll get some assistance from someone knowledgeable. After several failed attempts the help of a friend over the phone was what it took to get me on the road to ripping my SACDs .

Bill
gbaby likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #66 of 197 Old 05-13-2020, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've been there as far as being frustrated with the whole SACD ripping process. The one issue I had with the IP address was that I was adding it incorrectly. Can't recall the exact issue whether it was a the wrong placement of a "." or number placement. But once the IP address was entered correctly everything worked fine.

It really is a simple process once everything is setup properly. My understanding of computers and the terms used is very limited as well. So hopefully you'll give it another shot and possibly you'll get some assistance from someone knowledgeable. After several failed attempts the help of a friend over the phone was what it took to get me on the road to ripping my SACDs .

Bill
Bill, you just don't know how comforting to me to read your post and see that you, too, had issues with this SACD ripping. I am going to seek help like you sought. Thanks for post.
Bill Mac likes this.
post #67 of 197 Old 05-13-2020, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Bill, you just don't know how comforting to me to read your post and see that you, too, had issues with this SACD ripping. I am going to seek help like you sought. Thanks for post.
Out of interest... Have you given your OPPO a 'fixed' (static) IP address on your home network?

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
post #68 of 197 Old 05-13-2020, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Out of interest... Have you given your OPPO a 'fixed' (static) IP address on your home network?
You lost me when you said fixed static address on home network. I have the Sony BDP-S390 and I used the IP address listed on the Sony. However, the extract program or whatever it is call did not communicate with the IP address on the player. I stopped then after frustration. By the way, I was able to get the USB drive working in that a few seconds after its insertion, the drawer opened. I'm close.
SeeMoreDigital and Bill Mac like this.
post #69 of 197 Old 05-13-2020, 05:47 PM

@gbaby : Don't make it more difficult than it need be. There are several ways to do what you want to do. Here's one simple approach. I'll try to make it very basic.

It sounds like you've already successfully created the required USB flashdrive that has a folder entitled "AutoScript" which contains the files AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract. The AutoScript folder needs to be in the root directory of the flashdrive (i.e., it's not nested in another folder; if you stick the flashdrive in a computer and click on it, you directly see the Autoscript folder).

Download iso2dsd onto your PC. This graphical interface for ripping SACDs requires Java, so if you'll have to download and install it if you don't already have it installed.
Unzip the iso2dsd file you've downloaded. Once it's installed, just run the program. Enter the IP address of your Blu-ray player under 'server.' Chose your desired options, then execute. It's really that simple.

Many people prefer the command line approach since it doesn't require java. But for beginners or those not adept a computer stuff, iso2dsd is pretty straitforward.
Bill Mac and gbaby like this.
post #70 of 197 Old 05-14-2020, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@gbaby : Don't make it more difficult than it need be. There are several ways to do what you want to do. Here's one simple approach. I'll try to make it very basic.

It sounds like you've already successfully created the required USB flashdrive that has a folder entitled "AutoScript" which contains the files AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract. The AutoScript folder needs to be in the root directory of the flashdrive (i.e., it's not nested in another folder; if you stick the flashdrive in a computer and click on it, you directly see the Autoscript folder).

Download iso2dsd onto your PC. This graphical interface for ripping SACDs requires Java, so if you'll have to download and install it if you don't already have it installed.
Unzip the iso2dsd file you've downloaded. Once it's installed, just run the program. Enter the IP address of your Blu-ray player under 'server.' Chose your desired options, then execute. It's really that simple.

Many people prefer the command line approach since it doesn't require java. But for beginners or those not adept a computer stuff, iso2dsd is pretty straitforward.
Thanks for your post. Actually, I have done everything right n the past, its just the program will not communicate with the IP address on the blu-ray player. Using deductive reasoning, I am thinking the reason for this is that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7, and there is something blocking the computer from communicating with the blu-ray player. Maybe if I ungraded to Windows 10, the problem will be resolved. Does this makes sense?
post #71 of 197 Old 05-14-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your post. Actually, I have done everything right n the past, its just the program will not communicate with the IP address on the blu-ray player. Using deductive reasoning, I am thinking the reason for this is that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7, and there is something blocking the computer from communicating with the blu-ray player. Maybe if I ungraded to Windows 10, the problem will be resolved. Does this makes sense?
No, it doesn't make sense. I'm using Windows 7. Microsoft is just not providing security updates for Win 7. That's not the issue.

See if you can ping your Blu-ray player from your computer: Type "cmd" (no quotes) in the Win 7 'search programs and files' box. This will bring up the windows terminal. At the ">", type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (no quote, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is you IP address). It should give you 4 replies, with the time in milliseconds if the computer can connect to the Blu-ray player via network. It should look something like this, where 192.168.0.189 is the IP address of my Blu-ray player :

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\CalJake>ping 192.168.0.189

Pinging 192.168.0.189 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.189: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.189: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.189:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

If it says 'destination host is unreachable' or times out, or some other message, your computer, independent of any of this is not connecting via network to the Blu-ray player.

You're using iso2dsd?

Last edited by CalJake; 05-14-2020 at 04:02 PM.
post #72 of 197 Old 05-14-2020, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
When you entered the ip address into the "Server Input IP Address | Port" field of the iso2dsd utility, did you also include port 2002?

For example, if your Sony ip address is 192.168.1.106, then you enter 192.168.1.106:2002.

The above works for my Oppo 103. I am presuming the Sony would be similar.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon FTV Stick 4K, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #73 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, it doesn't make sense. I'm using Windows 7. Microsoft is just not providing security updates for Win 7. That's not the issue.

See if you can ping your Blu-ray player from your computer: Type "cmd" (no quotes) in the Win 7 'search programs and files' box. This will bring up the windows terminal. At the ">", type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (no quote, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is you IP address). It should give you 4 replies, with the time in milliseconds if the computer can connect to the Blu-ray player via network. It should look something like this, where 192.168.0.189 is the IP address of my Blu-ray player :

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\CalJake>ping 192.168.0.189

Pinging 192.168.0.189 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.189: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.189:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

If it says 'destination host is unreachable' or times out, or some other message, your computer, independent of any of this is not connecting via network to the Blu-ray player.

You're using iso2dsd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post
When you entered the ip address into the "Server Input IP Address | Port" field of the iso2dsd utility, did you also include port 2002?

For example, if your Sony ip address is 192.168.1.106, then you enter 192.168.1.106:2002.

The above works for my Oppo 103. I am presuming the Sony would be similar.
Thanks to both of you. Caljake, I did the ping test. Thanks as your direction were explicit. The result I got was : pinying xxx four times 52.5.109.170. 32 bytes of data timed out.

Does this mean my computer is running 32 bytes which may be the problem as it should be running at 64 bytes because 64 bytes is the operating system?
post #74 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just checked my systems properties and it is 64 bits. So now, I will try kokishin's recommendation.
post #75 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks to both of you. Caljake, I did the ping test. Thanks as your direction were explicit. The result I got was : pinying xxx four times 52.5.109.170. 32 bytes of data timed out.

Does this mean my computer is running 32 bytes which may be the problem as it should be running at 64 bytes because 64 bytes is the operating system?
32 bytes is the packet size sent by the ping command and is normal. Not relevant to 32 vs 64 bit Windows.

Did you use 52.5.109.170 for the ip address? If so, that's your problem because that is an internet address, not a LAN address.

Otherwise, what is the LAN ip address of your Sony?

You can find the ip address of your Sony (and all devices) by logging into your router and checking the Device Table.

Another easy way is to download an app to your cell phone called Fing from the iOS or Android apps store. It will find all devices on your LAN.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon FTV Stick 4K, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #76 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
32 bytes is the packet size sent by the ping command and is normal. Not relevant to 32 vs 64 bit Windows.

Did you use 52.5.109.170 for the ip address? If so, that's your problem because that is an internet address, not a LAN address.

Otherwise, what is the LAN ip address of your Sony?

You can find the ip address of your Sony (and all devices) by logging into your router and checking the Device Table.

Another easy way is to download an app to your cell phone called Fing from the iOS or Android apps store. It will find all devices on your LAN.
Kokishin, on the Sony BDP-S390, my IP address states it is 192.168.1.103. This is the address on the system information menu on the sony player, and this is the IP address I used. For whatever reason, nothing seems to work but I think I am close.
post #77 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Kokishin, on the Sony BDP-S390, my IP address states it is 192.168.1.103. This is the address on the system information menu on the sony player, and this is the IP address I used. For whatever reason, nothing seems to work but I think I am close.
Well then, if you open a cmd window and ping 192.168.1.103, you should get four hits.

post #78 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well then, if you open a cmd window and ping 192.168.1.103, you should get four hits.
Oh! I was typing in xxx. It just demonstrates how computer illiterate I am.
post #79 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have now done this and the IP address came back four (4) times or I got four hits as you predicted. What next?
post #80 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have now done this and the IP address came back four (4) times or I got four hits as you predicted. What next?
Follow the written procedure for plugging in the usb flash drive into your Sony, powering up, loading the SACD disc. It could be different then the procedure for Oppo.

Then open iso2dsd, set it for Server Input, enter 192.168.1.103:2002.select the Channel Mode (Dual for Stereo, or Multi for Surround), set Output Mode for Sony DSF.

Then click Execute.

When complete, you'll have a dsf file which is in an album titled folder in the same folder as iso2dsd.
gbaby likes this.

post #81 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Follow the written procedure for plugging in the usb flash drive into your Sony, powering up, loading the SACD disc. It could be different then the procedure for Oppo.

Then open iso2dsd, set it for Server Input, enter 192.168.1.103:2002.select the Channel Mode (Dual for Stereo, or Multi for Surround), set Output Mode for Sony DSF.

Then click Execute.

When complete, you'll have a dsf file which is in an album titled folder in the same folder as iso2dsd.
I'm back at work now, but will be going home soon. Question, what does the :2002 after the IP address mean?
post #82 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm back at work now, but will be going home soon. Question, what does the :2002 after the IP address mean?
Besides the ip address, this specifies a specific port for the Sony to communicate across your LAN to the iso2dsd app probably using TCP (or perhaps UDP). It may already be set in iso2dsd by default but make sure 2002 is there.

Again, make sure you follow the instructions given for the Sony before using iso2dsd.

post #83 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You might also want to put a tick in the 'Convert DST to DSD' box too....

post #84 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Besides the ip address, this specifies a specific port for the Sony to communicate across your LAN to the iso2dsd app probably using TCP (or perhaps UDP). It may already be set in iso2dsd by default but make sure 2002 is there.

Again, make sure you follow the instructions given for the Sony before using iso2dsd.
I'm self employed and don't live to far from work. I went home and did as you instructed and the message I got is "failed to connect; can't open the IP address for reading." From this message, can you tell what is going on?
post #85 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hmmm... Try putting an SACD in the player with the drawer open... Then launch ISO2DSD and press the 'Execute' button

post #86 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hmmm... Try putting an SACD in the player with the drawer open... Then launch ISO2DSD and press the 'Execute' button
Back at work waiting for someone to bring me some money. Will do when I get back. As you can see, this has been kicking my butt.
post #87 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When I closed the drawer and hit the execute button, the word "execute got whited out so I guess I'm really close, but nothing else has happen.
post #88 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When I closed the drawer and hit the execute button, the word "execute got whited out so I guess I'm really close, but nothing else has happen.
After you inserted the USB flash drive into the Sony, did the tray auto eject?

If not, you could have a problem with the files or format on the USB.

If it did auto eject, then you need to do the following:

1) load the SACD into the tray and close it.

2) The methods for using the exploit is exactly the same as that used for the Pioneer 160 with the following additional work-around:
The workaround is that after loading the disc, and right before one hits the button to start the ripping, one goes to the music settings and changes one of either two settings for SACD discs ([1]SACD or CD layer or [2] stereo or multichannel). I usually use the stereo or multichannel setting. As far as the ripping goes, it does not matter which one you set it to, as long as make the change just before starting the ripping. If the setting is currently set to stereo, change it to multichannel. If the setting is currently set to multichannel, set it to stereo. It is the changing the setting that is important for the reasons discussed below, not the setting itself. Whatever the setting was when you loaded it, change it to the other one before you rip it. The setting change is not instantly applied to the disc. You would have to reload the disc for the new settings to be applied. It does not matter whether stereo or multichannel is selected because ripping the .iso rips the whole disc image and all the contents of the disc.

Item 2 above comes from: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment-779908
gbaby likes this.

post #89 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
After you inserted the USB flash drive into the Sony, did the tray auto eject?

If not, you could have a problem with the files or format on the USB.

If it did auto eject, then you need to do the following:

1) load the SACD into the tray and close it.

2) The methods for using the exploit is exactly the same as that used for the Pioneer 160 with the following additional work-around:
The workaround is that after loading the disc, and right before one hits the button to start the ripping, one goes to the music settings and changes one of either two settings for SACD discs ([1]SACD or CD layer or [2] stereo or multichannel). I usually use the stereo or multichannel setting. As far as the ripping goes, it does not matter which one you set it to, as long as make the change just before starting the ripping. If the setting is currently set to stereo, change it to multichannel. If the setting is currently set to multichannel, set it to stereo. It is the changing the setting that is important for the reasons discussed below, not the setting itself. Whatever the setting was when you loaded it, change it to the other one before you rip it. The setting change is not instantly applied to the disc. You would have to reload the disc for the new settings to be applied. It does not matter whether stereo or multichannel is selected because ripping the .iso rips the whole disc image and all the contents of the disc.

Item 2 above comes from: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment-779908
Thanks kokishin and SeeMoreDigital for jumping in and continuing.

So that's great - you confirmed that the PC can find the Blu-ray player on your network at the level required.

Just to confirm, you do have Java installed on the PC that you're running iso2dsd on? Not sure what would happen if you tried to run iso2dsd without it installed. I suspect it would give an error message other than the problem you're now having.

As kokishin suggests, let's check your USB flash drive. Stick it into a USB port on your PC, then right click on it, and select 'properties' (at the bottom). What does it say for 'file system:'? It should say FAT32. Also, what does it say for "Capacity:"?

Beyond that, kokishin is providing more details about the nuances of your specific Blu-ray drive than I can since I'm using an Oppo 103. Hang in there - you'll get there.
gbaby likes this.
post #90 of 197 Old 05-15-2020, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks kokishin and SeeMoreDigital for jumping in and continuing.

So that's great - you confirmed that the PC can find the Blu-ray player on your network at the level required.

Just to confirm, you do have Java installed on the PC that you're running iso2dsd on? Not sure what would happen if you tried to run iso2dsd without it installed. I suspect it would give an error message other than the problem you're now having.

As kokishin suggests, let's check your USB flash drive. Stick it into a USB port on your PC, then right click on it, and select 'properties' (at the bottom). What does it say for 'file system:'? It should say FAT32. Also, what does it say for "Capacity:"?

Beyond that, kokishin is providing more details about the nuances of your specific Blu-ray drive than I can since I'm using an Oppo 103. Hang in there - you'll get there.
iso2dsd won't even open if java isn't installed.
CalJake likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page