DireStraits Brothers in Arms SACD - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill Mac

post #1 of 5 Old 06-29-2020, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked: 280
DireStraits Brothers in Arms SACD

Just picked this up. The PCM stereo allows me Audyssey and BM, which i really like, the PCM Stereo is sweet, i like the 5.1 mix so freaking clean.

My receiver will upmix to MultiCh in+dts neural:X and the Dolby labs version which utilities the rear channels and Atmos, wayyyyyyy too much sound :0)

This thread from 2005 was closed, wondering if we need a wake up Lol

Peace Kg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-30-2020, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
Just picked this up. The PCM stereo allows me Audyssey and BM, which i really like, the PCM Stereo is sweet, i like the 5.1 mix so freaking clean.

My receiver will upmix to MultiCh in+dts neural:X and the Dolby labs version which utilities the rear channels and Atmos, wayyyyyyy too much sound :0)

This thread from 2005 was closed, wondering if we need a wake up Lol

Peace Kg
This is one of my favorite multichannel mixes. Nothing like pumping up Walk of Life in surround to get the endorphins pumping.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB | Sony 65X900A | Sony 55X900A | Samsung UN40H5500
MEDIA: Oppo UDP 203 | Oppo BDP 103 | Apple TV | Nintendo Switch
RECEIVER: Yamaha Aventage RX-A820
AUDIO: Monitor Audio Silver 100 (front), Monitor Audio Silver C350 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (rear), Rythmik L22 (sub)
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2020, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
This is one of my favorite multichannel mixes. Nothing like pumping up Walk of Life in surround to get the endorphins pumping.

This is funny random timing for me as well - I was just looking at BIA sacds last night. Which sacd do you have? I curently have the DVDA which I listen to in stereo only on my headphones. Was thinking of the MSFL version of the SACD but wondering if it would be much different than my DVDA mix... Also just learned about ability to rip sacd to DSD using a cheap Blu-ray player, so I’m anxious to give that a try...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2020, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpedInFargo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
This is one of my favorite multichannel mixes. Nothing like pumping up Walk of Life in surround to get the endorphins pumping. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]

This is funny random timing for me as well - I was just looking at BIA sacds last night. Which sacd do you have? I curently have the DVDA which I listen to in stereo only on my headphones. Was thinking of the MSFL version of the SACD but wondering if it would be much different than my DVDA mix... Also just learned about ability to rip sacd to DSD using a cheap Blu-ray player, so I’️m anxious to give that a try...
My Pioneer DV610 rips, i had no idea about ripping sacd’s til i bought it, $48 ebay :0)
My wife was AMAZED at PeterGabriel SO, she said, He’s right there inbetween the speakers, and my system is far from a 2ch GoldenEar audio rig. SteelyDan Gaucho is another one. I picked up DireStraits BIA for $13 on ebay

PS: i was googling BIA, Lol...then it came to me hahaha

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 06-30-2020 at 11:27 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-30-2020, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked: 3652
I have the Brothers In Arms 20th Anniversary SACD, MOFI SACD and the DVD-A. For 5.1 listening I prefer the DVD-A and for stereo the MOFI SACD is my choice. The BIA Vertigo CD mastered by Bob Ludwig sounds great as well.

20th Anniversary SACD - https://www.discogs.com/Dire-Straits...elease/1237285
MOFI SACD - https://www.discogs.com/Dire-Straits...elease/5016061
DVD-A - https://www.discogs.com/Dire-Straits...release/626182
Vertigo CD - https://www.discogs.com/Dire-Straits...elease/2825382

Bill
SteveC356 likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page