Paradigm Reference Signature Sub 25 - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1381 of 1384 Old 10-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultimm View Post
I personally could never get rid of the rattle. I used PBK multiple times but could never get rid of the rattle. I sold them and got Seaton speakers for subs. As hard as I push those subs I have never had the same rattle that I had on the paradigm speakers. The newer sub 15, as far as I know does not have that rattle but it is a newer speaker. They do not look as nice as the sub 25 but if you could trade them in for the sub 15 it would be a much better speaker.
Hmmm I wonder if the driver from the sub 15 is the same size and if so if it would work in the 25?

Steve Ruddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1384 Old 10-12-2016, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It might not be the driver that is the problem, from what I can figure out I think it was the limiter that was inside of the electronics. One pushing the sub hard, it would go past the limiter and make the speaker rattle. My friend had to sub 15's and since that was a newer speaker it never had that rattle. So I think the problem is with the electronics and that's why they stop making them because I could never fix that problem.
post #1383 of 1384 Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Lol...

There's a Sub25 for sale on Ebay right now... a 7 year old used sub... that went for $3999 brand new without factoring in the 20%+ discounts people got on them back in 2009-2010...

For $4,800 OBO XD XD

When I emailed the seller they got all snippy at me... like how dare I ask why you are selling a 7 year old used sub for OVER brand new retail back in the day... LOL.

Worth about $2,000 now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1384 of 1384 Old 03-25-2018, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hi I am bringing life back to this thread lol. Need help with cables. I have been MIA and have not been following anything for a couple of years now.

I have a 7.1 system and will be upgrading to a 7.2 . I am adding a second Sub25 next month. Problem is the cable I used with my first sub I am having a difficult finding a second cable for the second sub.

I use Ultralink Platinum SUBMKll specs are as follows

Tri-GaugeTM, Time-AlignedTM directionally balanced twisted-pair conductors
High-density double-shielding (aluminum Mylar®️ foil + 98% copper braid)
Cryogenically-treated, ultra-high purity, laboratory-grade 6N pure copper
Precision machined, patented Vacuum Spring-Lock®️ RCA connectors with PTFE insulation and 24K direct gold-plated contacts
Ultra-low capacitance PTFE dielectric insulation.

People will say use a $30 cable and I will be fine but I did that and got back feed on the cable and made my SUB sound like a bomb went off one day. I took it in to service to have a look it was all good. Paradigm service tech said only use high end cables and not the cheap ones.

I get cables at cost but not sure what to use as the second cable and I don't want to spend a ton of money. A couple hundred or less would be great. I am currently looking at audioquest, xlo, kimbercable, if there are other ones I can look at that have same or similar specs please let me know.

Can't wait to add my second ParadigSub25 to my system. Even my speaker cables are ultralink platinum cables.

Monitor Audio RS8'S: Fronts(2) & Rears (2)
Monitor Audio RSLCR: Centre channel(1)
Monitor Audio RSFX: Surrounds sides(2)
Paradigm Signature Sub25 -
Pioneer Elite SC-99 & Panasonic UB900 & Sony XBR75X940C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Paradigm Reference Studio 20 , Paradigm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page