Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1092 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14787Likes

post #32731 of 41387 Old 01-30-2018, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1290 View Post
Question; is it normal the amp stays a bit warm all the time?
I have followed advise to leave the sub on all the time, but the amp on FV25HP always a bit warm even without play for more than 24 hours. Thank you for your time!
I don't know if this directly answers your question but I found heat information on the website at the following link.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/faq.html...inktemperature
Jim1290 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32732 of 41387 Old 01-30-2018, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 3341 Post(s)
Liked: 3489
@Jim1290 : I don't leave mine on, and the FV25HP uses a higher-wattage amp than my F12's, but I think the idle power is in the 4-5 W range, about the same as a nightlight. So I'd expect they would be a little warm to the touch.

@enricoclaudio -- Could you ask Brian why the higher standby power for the class D amps vs. the AB/H amps? Curious... I know class D is least efficient at lowest power so that may have something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelly_NV View Post
Did you know Rythmik makes subwoofers? ;D
Yeah, I heard that somewhere, and I think Enrico (who posted in the same vein right above me) thinks so too. Did you have a subwoofer question?
gwsat and Jim1290 like this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #32733 of 41387 Old 01-30-2018, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowls View Post
I don't know if this directly answers your question but I found heat information on the website at the following link.

@Jim1290

i just went down and checked mine with a heat sensor and all 3 are showing about ~73F (cool to the touch). that's the warmest spot on each, the rest of the amp is in the mid to high 60s. all of mine are set to auto.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_001035.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2354226  
PlasmaPZ80U and Jim1290 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32734 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowls View Post

Thank you very much! I have found the above link the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
@Jim1290 : I don't leave mine on, and the FV25HP uses a higher-wattage amp than my F12's, but I think the idle power is in the 4-5 W range, about the same as a nightlight. So I'd expect they would be a little warm to the touch.
Thank you very much Don, as always. I think that must be the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
@Jim1290

i just went down and checked mine with a heat sensor and all 3 are showing about ~73F (cool to the touch). that's the warmest spot on each, the rest of the amp is in the mid to high 60s. all of mine are set to auto.

@serith thank you very much for your time! Yes, when on Auto ON it's not warm at all, it's only a bit warm when ON. Thanks again!
serith likes this.
post #32735 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Well when I was married I remember getting my new electronics with a Gucci, Luis Vuitton or Mario Hernandez bag attached to them so the wife didn't complaint. At the end I was buying Onkyo, Marantz and Denon at Trinnov and Lindorff prices but at least the wife was happy
It is give and take, isn't it? My wife just got another new designer bag (that she apparently just HAD to have, because it was somehow so different from the others she has), so I do have some bargaining room. On the LVX12, I measured the footprint and I am a bit concerned that it will be too big for my space. My tv is wall-mounted in a corner facing the main seating area in the opposite corner, with few options for placing a 2 ft sub. Ideally I would get a sealed model but this would cheat myself of the additional benefits for HT use. It may have to go along the wall by the tv but the front will not be facing the MLP if that makes a difference. I realise subs are non-directional but it may affect the results. Also, not sure if it matters what speakers I have, but I only have KEF Q100s as the LR fronts with the Q200c centre.
post #32736 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcars View Post
It may have to go along the wall by the tv but the front will not be facing the MLP if that makes a difference. I realise subs are non-directional but it may affect the results.
there is actually some really detailed information a few people were sharing a page or two back with regard to where it makes most sense to place your subwoofer(s) (in a square/rectangle room anyway). most that have them flanking their l/r speakers do it for aesthetics, not because it sounds best there. all else fails do the sub crawl.
post #32737 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 01:05 PM

We can't tell where the sound is coming from, but sub placement does make a difference in how the sub interacts with the room, so placement does matter and is audible. It changes the magnitude of peaks and valleys in the frequency response.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #32738 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
We can't tell where the sound is coming from, but sub placement does make a difference in how the sub interacts with the room, so placement does matter and is audible. It changes the magnitude of peaks and valleys in the frequency response.
Thanks DonH50 and serith. As I said, options are limited, so I will play a bit with my current sub to find the best spot then determine if the large LVX12 will work. I think I am leaning towards the LV12R again at the expense of some tactile extension.
post #32739 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Thanks DonH50 and serith. As I said, options are limited, so I will play a bit with my current sub to find the best spot then determine if the large LVX12 will work. I think I am leaning towards the LV12R again at the expense of some tactile extension.
Love my LV12R in my HT. Give it a try....

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #32740 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
Love my LV12R in my HT. Give it a try....
Thanks for the endorsement, I likely will. Since you have one, what is your experience with this sub? I am looking to hear and feel the subtle low frequencies in shows and movies without the muddiness that says "I'm a subwoofer!". I understand a lot of this will occur above 20 Hz and the Rythmik will be very good at providing clean bass. Anything you are aware of missing?
post #32741 of 41387 Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 PM

Liked: 121
Quote:
The G25HP box is the same as the G25. If I recall I posted the G25 dimensions a few months back when we were selling the G25 demo unit. Dimensions are 18"(W) x 25" (D) x 24"(H). Amplifiers knobs add extra 1"(W). Brian is assembling one G25HP this week to test it and take some measurements. We won't be able to send it to Josh until mid Summer due to Josh busy schedule, though. That's all the info I have to share.
Are these dimensions including grille and heatsink?
post #32742 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Thanks for the endorsement, I likely will. Since you have one, what is your experience with this sub? I am looking to hear and feel the subtle low frequencies in shows and movies without the muddiness that says "I'm a subwoofer!". I understand a lot of this will occur above 20 Hz and the Rythmik will be very good at providing clean bass. Anything you are aware of missing?
I've had a LV12R for a few years now myself. It's very capable. If you integrate it into your system properly, it will completely disappear, and simply make your main speakers sound better. I've never heard a sub like it before. On the right material, you feel it without it announcing itself, if you know what I mean.

Room modes are definitely a concern though, as with any subwoofer. I have a few problem spots in my room. Using Audyssey XT32 helps, and the primary listening spot I calibrated sounds perfectly balanced in the sub's range.
post #32743 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 987
Quote:
My first entry into "real" subwoofers was an LV12R. I remember when I got it re-watching movie after movie and realizing that I had been missing an entire (and important) part of the audio track. There were sound effects, tactile slam (I had it nearfield), and more generally a full or more complete sound than with my previous HTIB dinky sub. Good luck and if you decide to purchase, please let us know your feedback. Most of us love hearing impressions, good or bad. If bad, there are many here who will step in to help you dial it in correctly.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #32744 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaq View Post
I've had a LV12R for a few years now myself. It's very capable. If you integrate it into your system properly, it will completely disappear, and simply make your main speakers sound better. I've never heard a sub like it before. On the right material, you feel it without it announcing itself, if you know what I mean.

Room modes are definitely a concern though, as with any subwoofer. I have a few problem spots in my room. Using Audyssey XT32 helps, and the primary listening spot I calibrated sounds perfectly balanced in the sub's range.
Thanks, my room is definitely a challenge. I have a Denon x2200w with Audyssey MultiEQ XT and I focus the setup in the opposite corner where the sectional is as MLP. Where the current sub is located seems to work, but a Rythmik will offer more for sure and hopefully blend in better than the BIC.
post #32745 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
My first entry into "real" subwoofers was an LV12R. I remember when I got it re-watching movie after movie and realizing that I had been missing an entire (and important) part of the audio track. There were sound effects, tactile slam (I had it nearfield), and more generally a full or more complete sound than with my previous HTIB dinky sub. Good luck and if you decide to purchase, please let us know your feedback. Most of us love hearing impressions, good or bad. If bad, there are many here who will step in to help you dial it in correctly.
Yes, it is the "didn't know those sounds were there!" that I am trying to get at. I went straight to an SVS SB-2000 for my living room 2.1 music setup and it does sound good, which is why I notice the shortcomings of the BIC in the HT. I am going to put the SVS in the HT this weekend and play a variety of media. Although it is sealed, it does go down to 19 Hz so it should give me a rough idea of how a better sub could sound and where it can be placed. I am wavering on going with a sealed Rythmik purely for aesthetics and footprint, but I know I will lose out on some LFE benefits. At least I get to play with my toys this weekend in the name of research . Now if only the CDN dollar would improve!
post #32746 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 272
Quote:
My room is a dedicated HT room that is completely enclosed with no ambient light. 20ft long by 14 ft wide. 9 foot ceilings. Sound panels on the walls. The sub does a great job and with speakers set to small and 80hz handles the rumbles without being localized. I was looking to spend $500 on a sub and after all of my research this is the sub that stood out and I am very happy with it. If money was no problem, then I would have gotten two 15" Rythmik subs. I will add a second LV12R at some point as two subs are always better than one....
gwsat likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #32747 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
My room is a dedicated HT room that is completely enclosed with no ambient light. 20ft long by 14 ft wide. 9 foot ceilings. Sound panels on the walls. The sub does a great job and with speakers set to small and 80hz handles the rumbles without being localized. I was looking to spend $500 on a sub and after all of my research this is the sub that stood out and I am very happy with it. If money was no problem, then I would have gotten two 15" Rythmik subs. I will add a second LV12R at some point as two subs are always better than one....
Thanks for the feedback. If I had a somewhat normally shaped room it would be a no-brainer, and I may even opt for the LVX12, but the opposite corner layout and large opening at one end make it challenging. Duals would be even more challenging, although I am starting to think about how I could get 2 in the tv/speaker corner. I like the LV12R for the price. I am also wondering about the F12 sealed based on specs and size, although it is a lot more money. I want to do it right this time so doing my homework.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #32748 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I am going through a difficult PHASE right now.

I have one subwoofer, F15 and trying to connect two systems to it. (2 channel audio and 2 channel HT) Both system do not have any digital processing. One connects Via RCA and the other via speaker level connection.

The Audio system connects via RCA, Phase is at 180, The HT system connects via Speaker level and phase is at 0. Can I reverse the speaker wire connections to make both in-sync without damaging the sub ?
post #32749 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Yes, if you mean swapping the speaker-level input wires at the sub, but I'd probably buy a line-level switch box and do it that way if both have preamp outputs. There may be interaction between the two inputs.

post #32750 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Will a line level switchbox solve my phase problem ?

Quote:
Yes, if you mean swapping the speaker-level input wires at the sub, but I'd probably buy a line-level switch box and do it that way if both have preamp outputs. There may be interaction between the two inputs.
post #32751 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 01:21 PM

No, forgot about that, not if one component inverts phase with respect to the other and you have no other way to fix it through a setting in one of the systems.

post #32752 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Well I made it to February, but am chomping at the bit for those F18 kits! I probably need to start building cabinets too. Enrico, do you have an estimated date when the container with the 18" drivers will arrive?
post #32753 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 4074 Post(s)
Liked: 5091
Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post
I am going through a difficult PHASE right now.

I have one subwoofer, F15 and trying to connect two systems to it. (2 channel audio and 2 channel HT) Both system do not have any digital processing. One connects Via RCA and the other via speaker level connection.

The Audio system connects via RCA, Phase is at 180, The HT system connects via Speaker level and phase is at 0. Can I reverse the speaker wire connections to make both in-sync without damaging the sub ?
Why the HT system connects via speaker level inputs? Does your receiver has subwoofer out?

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #32754 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

probably not the best place to ask but figure worth a shot. does anyone have any recommendations for either a quality soundbar or self-powered in-wall speakers (not even sure they exist)? i like watching my guilty pleasure tv shows in the living room and the built-in speakers on the tv are abysmal. i don't want speakers protruding from the wall though or have to buy another receiver because space is limited. i know i could use the multi-zone feature on my denon to power a pair but i'd have to walk downstairs to turn it on nevermind controlling it. i do have the tv hooked up to my home theater pc in the basement though which is pretty cool. i have a wireless keyboard that i created a hotkey for to switch the display between the projector & the tv. now i just need some better sound.

i was going to get these even though they stick out a little but then cancelled the order because i noticed they are ported on the rear and they'd be right up against the wall which isn't going to work.. https://www.amazon.com/Micca-PB42X-P...wered+speakers
post #32755 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3724 Post(s)
Liked: 2119
i have this soundbar in my bedroom and like it...https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...eceiver/1.html

i bought mine from gramophone so not advertising for a4l...

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #32756 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
probably not the best place to ask but figure worth a shot. does anyone have any recommendations for either a quality soundbar or self-powered in-wall speakers (not even sure they exist)? i like watching my guilty pleasure tv shows in the living room and the built-in speakers on the tv are abysmal. i don't want speakers protruding from the wall though or have to buy another receiver because space is limited. i know i could use the multi-zone feature on my denon to power a pair but i'd have to walk downstairs to turn it on nevermind controlling it. i do have the tv hooked up to my home theater pc in the basement though which is pretty cool. i have a wireless keyboard that i created a hotkey for to switch the display between the projector & the tv. now i just need some better sound.

i was going to get these even though they stick out a little but then cancelled the order because i noticed they are ported on the rear and they'd be right up against the wall which isn't going to work.. https://www.amazon.com/Micca-PB42X-P...wered+speakers
Before having a full receiver and 5.1 system in my bedroom, I had a Denon mini stereo system, D-M39S and it sounded amazing. The New model is the D-M41. It comes with speakers and the stereo receiver has subwoofer out. It sounds much better than a sound bar.

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hifi/mini/dm41

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-System-...keywords=d-m41
MrGrey likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #32757 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric HA View Post
Well I made it to February, but am chomping at the bit for those F18 kits! I probably need to start building cabinets too. Enrico, do you have an estimated date when the container with the 18" drivers will arrive?
The container is arriving in about 12 days. I would say that by mid-February we should be able to start selling the DS1820 CI Kit.
Blorton likes this.

post #32758 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Why the HT system connects via speaker level inputs? Does your receiver has subwoofer out?

The RCA in is being used by the AUDIO System.
post #32759 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 PM

Liked: 121
I finally got my nad 777 in today and I finally got a chance to dialed in the f18. Damn this sub blows away my old SB13 by a mile. I also modify my svs isolation feets to fit on the f18. I am blown away, pun intended. Wow! Now I got to save up for a second one next year .

TV: OLED65C8P - Receiver: Anthem MRX 710 - Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820 - Cd transport: Cambridge Audio CXC - Amp: Parasound A31 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers & Luna Duo - Surround: Noble Fidelity L-65mkII - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Distribution: PS Juice Bar II, Signal Cable Magicstrip - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Shunyata Venom 14 - Speaker Cable: Kimber 8tc, BJC 10 - RCA Cable: AQ Silver - Probe: i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B - Software: Lightspace HTL, Calman Enthusiast - Bias Lighting - MediaLight
post #32760 of 41387 Old 02-01-2018, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2773 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
After kinda setting up my f18 I was slightly disappointed with performance so far to be honest. Coming from a SB13 and this being an 18 incher I was expecting a little more output. Sounds very clean but again I was expecting more output. Not sure if all my settings are correct, maybe someone can tell me the best setting on the amp for more oomph. I do have a new receiver with dirac so I'm still experiencing with a lot of setting that I need to dial in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
I finally got my nad 777 in today and I finally got a chance to dialed in the f18. Damn this sub blows away my old SB13 by a mile. I also modify my svs isolation feets to fit on the f18. I am blown away, pun intended. Wow! Now I got to save up for a second one next year .
Look like you got it all figured out. I like happy ending story
gwsat and audiofan1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page