Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13744Likes

post #36091 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 12:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3625 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
^^^yup....going big/huge just isnt what most want in their homes....my fv25hp is size of/bigger than a kegerator....too big
H Stevens likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36092 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
^^^yup....going big/huge just isnt what most want in their homes....my fv25hp is size of/bigger than a kegerator....too big
what i was trying to say is that it's not necessarily the size of the unit, but how it performs & feels.
post #36093 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 39
@serith

Your family needs therapy man

J/K, awesome. My dad has a damn Bose Lifestyle system, I guess he needs therapy!!
serith and MaxTemp like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36094 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
because it's not remotely the same thing?
Of course. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Seems we are both affected with the desire for that Rythmik sound. It’s why I’m thrilled with my G25HP and would rather wait for a G28 when an S3611 can be had now.
post #36095 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
I second that "Yup". Where are the dual opposed 10's or 12's? Bring back a down firing unit which will puzzle some but for folks with hardwood floors, those down firing units bring some tactile response to the party.
post #36096 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:

my father built himself custom dual vented 18's that are in larger cabinets & fed far more power than the sp1-4000 amp that comes with the jtr cap 4000. however that doesn't directly translate into something i'd like to have though. rythmik subs are extremely tight & accurate and i've come to absolutely love the sound signature--but i just want more. there's really no reason rythmik couldn't make a dual vented 18 if they wanted to as they already have the driver (f18/fv18) and the fv25 is a freight-only option and the fv28 would follow suit. in my opinion they're missing out on a market of sick people like myself that would happily give them more money for such a thing.

the cap4000 sells. the fv28 would too.

dad's subs shown below next to sealed ultimax 15's for reference & a gorgeous pair of paradigm signature s8's. if i just wanted "more" output i would have went the diy route too.

Hell, some of us are even close enough to pick something like that up (to shave the shipping charges off) to save a few bucks.

DJ

2kW fully active, fully balanced 2 channel Vaders

Overkill IS my middle name.
post #36097 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 06:53 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 3389
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
Do you guys have any plans of coming out with a G28 HP? Dual opposed 18s?
Quote:
there's really no reason rythmik couldn't make a dual vented 18 if they wanted to as they already have the driver (f18/fv18) and the fv25 is a freight-only option and the fv28 would follow suit. in my opinion they're missing out on a market of sick people like myself that would happily give them more money for such a thing.
Size and weight are why Brian is not considering either of those options. While there certainly are people who would want something in that category he isn't convinced the market is large enough to provide enough sales to have sufficient return on the time, effort and expense invested to launch those products. From what he's told me I don't imagine he will be releasing anything larger than he already has.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #36098 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 08:25 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Size and weight are why Brian is not considering either of those options. While there certainly are people who would want something in that category he isn't convinced the market is large enough to provide enough sales to have sufficient return on the time, effort and expense invested to launch those products. From what he's told me I don't imagine he will be releasing anything larger than he already has.
Since the sealed subs have the drivers really opposed and not stacked like the ported ones, I guess G28 though bigger than the currently offered sealed subs, will be no where near the ported subs right? It could very well be smaller than the biggest sub that Rythmik currently sells. Am I incorrect?
post #36099 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

my father built himself custom dual vented 18's that are in larger cabinets & fed far more power than the sp1-4000 amp that comes with the jtr cap 4000. however that doesn't directly translate into something i'd like to have though. rythmik subs are extremely tight & accurate and i've come to absolutely love the sound signature--but i just want more. there's really no reason rythmik couldn't make a dual vented 18 if they wanted to as they already have the driver (f18/fv18) and the fv25 is a freight-only option and the fv28 would follow suit. in my opinion they're missing out on a market of sick people like myself that would happily give them more money for such a thing.

the cap4000 sells. the fv28 would too.

dad's subs shown below next to sealed ultimax 15's for reference & a gorgeous pair of paradigm signature s8's. if i just wanted "more" output i would have went the diy route too.

serith, amazing!!
post #36100 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Pool View Post
@Jack1949

I set up my F12SE's using LFE in with Y cable's and do notice an increase in SQ and ease of adjusting bass level (get's louder/more tactile quicker). I still have a ways to go before I'm proficient with all the adjustments when switching between music and movies - especially Rumble Filter and Extension Filter. I'm also getting better with AVR sub levels, trim levels, sub gain and volume.

@atomicron

I'm having the same experience you're having. This is high quality bass.
Glad to hear you had a positive experience!
Jack
Matthew Pool likes this.
post #36101 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Since the sealed subs have the drivers really opposed and not stacked like the ported ones, I guess G28 though bigger than the currently offered sealed subs, will be no where near the ported subs right? It could very well be smaller than the biggest sub that Rythmik currently sells. Am I incorrect?
Ported absolutely would be bigger than sealed, so if a G28HP did exist some of what Rythmik already sells would be larger. In that case it's then weight that concerns Brian the most. As I mentioned in my review the G25HP isn't terribly large, all things considered, but it's not a lightweight unit. I'm accustomed to manhandling large/heavy subwoofers but even for me this one presented some challenges. I imagine a dual 18" would easily be over 200 pounds and that becomes a big problem for the owner to integrate without hurting themselves or the sub. There's also what's involved to build, package and ship the thing, so there's concerns on both sides. I suspect a dual 18" Rythmik would be a formidable beast - from every standpoint really - and I'd like to hear one myself, but from my conversations with Brian I just don't see that happening.

post #36102 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 2929 Post(s)
Liked: 3739
Quote:

If there is enough interest from their base customers they may actually do it though it would require a lot to make it happen. But Brian does listen to feedback and takes on challenges like he did with the FV18 paper cone which of course did not result in a larger unit but it showed that he listens. You never know. From what I know the amp that rythmik uses accounts a lot of the weight plus MDF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #36103 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 3862 Post(s)
Liked: 4749
G28HP is not in our plans, yet. It would be very heavy, close to 220 lb which is not easy to handle for us and for customers. But hey, 3.5 years ago, 18" subwoofers were not in our radar and look at us now.
serith and Pradeep2 like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #36104 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
G28HP is not in our plans, yet. It would be very heavy, close to 220 lb which is not easy to handle for us and for customers. But hey, 3.5 years ago, 18" subwoofers were not in our radar and look at us now.
Maybe it could be sold in a kit form. Fully assembled cabinet in one box, drivers and amp in another.
drh3b likes this.
post #36105 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3303 Post(s)
Liked: 3401
Or a flat pack, just boards in a box, amp, driver in other boxes.

A little surprised nobody has built an IB sub using a 6 x 4 array or so of 18" drivers embedded in the front wall. Or rear. Or both. And mustn't forget the side walls... And the ceiling isn't out of reach, they make ladders for that. Marty McFly go home, that would be real subwoofage!
drh3b likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #36106 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 PM

@Enrico

I am sure Rythmik lost good business to psa and jtr delaying the 18 inch subs. Instead of going smaller with 8 inch subwoofers, the effort should have been on larger subs. Also may be rythmik should also look at using baltic birch if it really is lighter than MDF.

Not sure how other companies like Funk are offering 21 and 24 inch subs.

At these sizes, prices Rythmik cannot think about volumes and mass production/shipping. It is to be thought of a league above the current subs offered like Elite series or something where the customer is supposed to pick some of the costs of their "need". Like Acura line for Honda, Lexus for a toyota etc...

And somehow if Brian can find a way to offer "standard" finishes like cherry and espresso, it checks some WAF too.

Now let me get back to my day dreaming.......😀
post #36107 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Hey now...some of your customers could move these up 2 flights of stairs solo

Greg
djreef likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: 2xJTR Noesis 212RT 1 210RM - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - GoldNotePH10 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #36108 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Enrico

I am sure Rythmik lost good business to psa and jtr delaying the 18 inch subs. Instead of going smaller with 8 inch subwoofers, the effort should have been on larger subs. Also may be rythmik should also look at using baltic birch if it really is lighter than MDF.

At these sizes, prices Rythmik cannot think about volumes and mass production/shipping. It is to be thought of a league above the current subs offered like Elite series or something where the customer is supposed to pick some of the costs of their "need". Like Acura line for Honda, Lexus for a toyota etc...

And somehow if Brian can find a way to offer "standard" finishes like cherry and espresso, it checks some WAF too.

agreed. jtr definitely uses baltic birch to shed the weight. my father used 1" mdf (it came in an odd size too as the sheets weren't 4x8', but closer to 5x8' if i remember correctly), and holy mother of god is it heavy. each one of his subs probably weighs somewhere between 300-350lbs and there's no plate mounted amp either (they're on a rack elsewhere). the jtr with birch & a plate amp shows as 265lb on their website so that's some serious weight savings.

i don't know what the r&d costs are to create new products like an fv28 but there are plenty of hardcore fans that would be happy to part with their money for them. just look at the success of the f18, fv18, and fv25. i'm sure that data can be extrapolated to get a sense of the demand for an even larger & more powerful product. the dual vented 15 is a fantastic subwoofer, but i still salivate thinking about what a dual vented 18 servo sub would sound like. additionally it blows my mind how many people come to this thread or elsewhere and ask which subwoofer would best suit their needs for their 10000+ cubic foot open-space room. there are plenty of practical applications for a more powerful subwoofer offering besides catering to the mentally ill. i'm also not sure why people are so quick to reply with "it's too heavy, it'll never happen.". if other companies are doing it then so can rythmik. it's akin to people saying that the subaru brz needs more horsepower/torque (it does), and all of these white knights come rushing in with comments defending the companies decision not to add power citing how it would upset the balance of the car, that it already has plenty of power, and that subaru/toyota will never do it. okay, while subaru/toyota may never actually change anything, the car would still be more fun with more power. sorry for the car analogy, i'm sure some of you will relate but that's the best i can think of at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post

Greg
i can slide my fv25's around on my carpet and lift them upright with ease (they're usually laying down horizontally). i'm 6'1, 180lbs with a thin build and not muscular by any means. it makes me roll my eyes when people go on at length about how heavy their subwoofers are considering how few actually are.
muscles likes this.
post #36109 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Greg
Just throw it up on your shoulder.

DJ
muscles likes this.

post #36110 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by djreef View Post
Just throw it up on your shoulder.

DJ
*ghostly whisper*
If they build it, I will come

I'd do lunges with the thing if they let me test it!

Greg
djreef likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: 2xJTR Noesis 212RT 1 210RM - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - GoldNotePH10 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #36111 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
*ghostly whisper*
If they build it, I will come

I'd do lunges with the thing if they let me test it!

Greg
No doubt.

DJ
muscles likes this.

post #36112 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Call me a wimp, but I had a friend over to help setup my F18. Sure, the sub is easy to push around carpet, but that box ain't kidding to move around and unpack!

Had some fun listening to it today. Did a fresh XT32 recalibration and it definitely balanced things out a bit. Using the settings from the previous calibration when I was using the LV12R, it didn't sound quite right, kinda hard to explain precisely what was off.

In my super early impressions, when they're integrated at the same volume levels, the two subs are more alike than different. I haven't opened it up to insane volume levels yet, but I'm pretty sure something in the room will snap in half before the sub will break a sweat.

Something I'm finding really interesting...with the same source material and volume levels I usually listen to, stuff in my room rattles and resonates more with the F18 than with the LV12R.

Worst issue I have at the moment is that I have a baseboard radiator adjacent to the sub and it's definitely resonating a lot. Any tips?
post #36113 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaq View Post

Something I'm finding really interesting...with the same source material and volume levels I usually listen to, stuff in my room rattles and resonates more with the F18 than with the LV12R.
larger cone area, makes sense to me.
post #36114 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaq View Post
Call me a wimp, but I had a friend over to help setup my F18. Sure, the sub is easy to push around carpet, but that box ain't kidding to move around and unpack!

Had some fun listening to it today. Did a fresh XT32 recalibration and it definitely balanced things out a bit. Using the settings from the previous calibration when I was using the LV12R, it didn't sound quite right, kinda hard to explain precisely what was off.

In my super early impressions, when they're integrated at the same volume levels, the two subs are more alike than different. I haven't opened it up to insane volume levels yet, but I'm pretty sure something in the room will snap in half before the sub will break a sweat.

Worst issue I have at the moment is that I have a baseboard radiator adjacent to the sub and it's definitely resonating a lot. Any tips?
It’s the additional ULF resonating things that the smaller sub couldn’t. Get them dialed in with the main system then run the subs only and track the buzzes and rattles down in the room and stabilize/neutralize/isolate them with nails, weather stripping, rubber feet, pads whatever until you’ve eliminated the majority. Some u won’t b able to do anything about, but a bunch you will.

DJ
kdaq and BluesDaddy56 like this.

post #36115 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 3862 Post(s)
Liked: 4749
Quote:
@Enrico

Baltic birch is out of the question as neither Brian or me like that material. MDF is proven to be one of the best materials for subwoofer cabinets as it has a better damping factor. Also baltic birch adds too much resonance to the cabinet. I'm telling this because we have tested baltic birch already and we don't like the sound.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #36116 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Baltic birch is out of the question as neither Brian or me like that material. MDF is proven to be one of the best materials for subwoofer cabinets as it has a better damping factor. Also baltic birch adds too much resonance to the cabinet. I'm telling this because we have tested baltic birch already and we don't like the sound.
Well can you tell us what is in the works for Rythmik next?
post #36117 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 06:10 PM

Not arguing with you or Brian as you guys are way more knowledgeable and I am a bass crazy lunatic ranting on a forum but in the past whenever someone brought up dual opposed driver designs and referred to seaton subs, Brian always came out with reasons why dual opposed design is not good and here we are with a G25. It could just be matter of time, before you overcome the limitations of the materials and bring us bass nirvana.😀
post #36118 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 06:27 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
i'm also not sure why people are so quick to reply with "it's too heavy, it'll never happen.".
In my particular case there was nothing quick about it. My experience with Rythmik and 18" drivers goes back over a year so our feasibility conversations have been happening for a long time. As Enrico said nothing is impossible, but it is improbable.

post #36119 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3625 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
I dont think one needs bigger subs than rythmik has....if you need more bass just buy 4x fv18 or fv25hp....or 8x...shoot just make a wall of subs stacked on each other.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #36120 of 40604 Old 11-21-2018, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1731
Quote:
I dont think one needs bigger subs than rythmik has....if you need more bass just buy 4x fv18 or fv25hp....or 8x...shoot just make a wall of subs stacked on each other.
Completely agree. Much easier to manage.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page