Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1222 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13587Likes

post #36631 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
You could get a speaker design program, enter all the T-S parameters, see if you can get the servo characteristics, and roll your own of any size you desire.

Or you could trust Dr. Brian Ding's analysis...
I'm too lazy to do the math. When the time comes I will just have a quick chat with Brian and trust him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36632 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
Does Rythmik do kits for the F18? I don't see it on the website.
DS1820 is too big and heavy in terms of shipping. For DS1510 (DS1200) kit, we can fit a kit in a 18" (16") cube cardboard. That adds extra protection. But we cannot do that with DS1820. The driver and amp need to be shipped in separate boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
Back when I was considering building a couple F18, I got the plans from Brian Ding and asked him if it would be beneficial to make the box bigger than the production unit, as I remembered there was a bit of efficiency to be gained by building an F15 box a little bigger. He responded that he felt the production F18 box was the ideal size.
That is correct. The production F18 is about the correct enclosure size. 10% more may not hurt. We do not recommend adding more enclosure volume to allow for even higher ULF output (that is exactly what larger enclosures give you) in terms of headroom, but not frequency response. DS1510/DS1200 can go with slightly larger enclosure. Still, the enclosure should not be more than 25% bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post

and I think Salk's F15 are even bigger at 11,934.
SALK enclosures are heavily braced. So the net volume is quite a bit smaller than the outside dimension volume.

Last edited by Rythmik; 01-04-2019 at 07:50 AM.
post #36633 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 3838 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
Got the FV25HP in the house. Thanks Todd for bring it back Thanks to miniDSP it took me less than 5 mins to time align it and properly integrate it with my pair of F12SEs. Without any EQ yet, all three subwoofers sound coherent and clean. It was like adding a third more powerful sealed subwoofer I may get the REW rig out of the closet to do some EQ and check measurements.

PS: The IKEA plant did fit too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7884.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2505766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7888.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	2505770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7889.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	2505772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7890.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	2505774  
serith, toddct, mthomas47 and 2 others like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36634 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 2865 Post(s)
Liked: 3594
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Got the FV25HP in the house. Thanks Todd for bring it back Thanks to miniDSP it took me less than 5 mins to time align it and properly integrate it with my pair of F12SEs. Without any EQ yet, all three subwoofers sound coherent and clean. It was like adding a third more powerful sealed subwoofer I may get the REW rig out of the closet to do some EQ and check measurements.

PS: The IKEA plant did fit too

Looks better standing than laying down like you were initially thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #36635 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 348 Post(s)
Quoted: 5492 Post(s)
Liked: 10494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Well this has been a useful exercise. As stated above, we've landed on a couple of measurements that seem most reliable - FV25HP and F18. We have an explanation for the FV15HP. We do not have one for the FV18, so we're going to have to chalk that one up to sample and/or measurement variation and call it a fluke as it shouldn't be that close to FV25HP. So based on this we can scale the rest using Rythmik's own relative performance chart, and expand it to include even more information. It's useful to me. Maybe it is to you, too. Or, I'm just an analytical nerd who devotes too much time to this stuff. Thank you everyone for your patience and input.

And Brian, I don't think you need to adjust the FV25HP! I think things line up pretty well now.

Attachment 2504702
Attachment 2504704

Notes:
• I didn't include FM8, L12 white, F12SE, or any other minor variation of the same sub.
• These charts only speak in terms of 20Hz performance and cost - nothing else. Desired max extension, finish options, and other considerations are a personal decision.
• FVX15 output was adjusted to be -2.5dB from FV15HP based on its product page instead of the main page figure of -3dB.
• Output figures of 2 subs at 20Hz is only valid if placed within a maximum of 14 feet of each other. If placed further apart, you will see +3dB instead of +6dB gain at 20Hz because you will lose acoustic coupling.
• The L series generally has the highest bang for the buck - because it forgoes some of the bass extension, finish options, and amp controls of the F series.
• All models increase in performance per dollar when buying duals - except for F8 and F12-300, because those models do not have a multi-sub discount, or the discount is currently extended to a single sub purchase.
• I can share the formulas if anyone is curious.
• Please let me know of any mistakes.

Hi,

I also enjoyed the discussion and appreciate the value of these sorts of analytical comparisons. But, having used the term "value" in the preceding sentence, I think that determining performance value, as a ratio to cost, is a very tricky exercise. Although I think that the 20Hz frequency you picked is a very logical one (that is still the Dolby/THX standard), we pay disproportionately more for frequencies below 20Hz. So, even leaving size, features, finishes, and intangibles out of the equation, the performance/cost ratio will still vary depending on the specific low-extension goals of the individual.

It will be interesting to hear your reaction, if you move to ported subs. Everything is relative, but the Rythmik ported subs may sound more like sealed subwoofers, compared to some other ported subs. I will be interested to hear your observations in that respect. I thought it was interesting that Enrico added an FV25, and said it sounded like adding another sealed sub. That's pretty cool! (Well, apparently that's not quite what Enrico meant, but I still have a feeling these ported subs would sound a little smoother than most ported subs.)

There is one thing that I might point-out about your list of caveats. Acoustic coupling is a little more complicated than that. Subwoofers should couple acoustically at 1/4 wavelength of a particular frequency, and if they do, there will be a 6db gain. But, depending on room modes they might gain or lose SPL at a particular frequency, beyond that 1/4 wavelength distance. Identical subwoofers, in the same room, should average 6db more SPL, across their entire bandwidth. But, there will be peaks and dips in the SPL, depending on room modes. The 6db gain will only be theoretically 6db, at every frequency, when the subwoofers are very close together. I keep saying theoretically for a reason.

Still another complicating factor is dependent on the room's longest room dimension, in a room with four walls. The diagonal dimension from corner-to-corner, and from floor to ceiling, times two (because the wavelength has to make a return trip) determines the frequency at which pressure vessel gain (PVG) occurs. Below that frequency, room modes no longer cause peaks and dips, and the room only gives back acoustically. The reason I mention that is because, in many rooms, PVG would occur at or before 20Hz.

Given the complexity of the issue of what frequencies may mutually couple in a particular room, I would just leave caveats like that one out of your helpful analysis.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 01-04-2019 at 04:41 PM.
post #36636 of 40489 Old 01-04-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I also enjoyed the discussion and appreciate the value of these sorts of analytical comparisons. But, having used the term "value" in the preceding sentence, I think that determining performance value, as a ratio to cost, is a very tricky exercise. Although I think that the 20Hz frequency you picked is a very logical one (that is still the Dolby/THX standard), we pay disproportionately more for frequencies below 20Hz. So, even leaving size, features, finishes, and intangibles out of the equation, the performance/cost ratio will still vary depending on the specific low-extension goals of the individual.

It will be interesting to hear your reaction, if you move to ported subs. Everything is relative, but the Rythmik ported subs may sound more like sealed subwoofers, compared to some other ported subs. I will be interested to hear your observations in that respect. I thought it was interesting that Enrico added an FV25, and said it sounded like adding another sealed sub. That's pretty cool!

There is one thing that I might point-out about your list of caveats. Acoustic coupling is a little more complicated than that. Subwoofers should couple acoustically at 1/4 wavelength of a particular frequency, and if they do, there will be a 6db gain. But, depending on room modes they might gain or lose SPL at a particular frequency, beyond that 1/4 wavelength distance. Identical subwoofers, in the same room, should average 6db more SPL, across their entire bandwidth. But, there will be peaks and dips in the SPL, depending on room modes. The 6db gain will only be theoretically 6db, at every frequency, when the subwoofers are very close together. I keep saying theoretically for a reason.

Still another complicating factor is dependent on the room's longest room dimension, in a room with four walls. The diagonal dimension from corner-to-corner, and from floor to ceiling, times two (because the wavelength has to make a return trip) determines the frequency at which pressure vessel gain (PVG) occurs. Below that frequency, room modes no longer cause peaks and dips, and the room only gives back acoustically. The reason I mention that is because, in many rooms, PVG would occur at or before 20Hz.

Given the complexity of the issue of what frequencies may mutually couple in a particular room, I would just leave caveats like that one out of your helpful analysis.

Regards,
Mike
Mike, my comment regarding the sealed sound of the FV25HP was more on the terms of how easy was to integrate it with my two sealed F12SEs. It took me no more than 5 mins to time align the three subwoofers and 20 mins EQ with REW to get a very decent response. I need to run Dirac again but it sounds very good so far. The FV25HP added the missing TR that I needed in my concrete floor. It also adds more weight and full body sound. At this point the Crowsons are not needed anymore.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LFE miniDSP + Dirac ON.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	2505816  
mthomas47 likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #36637 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 855
https://youtu.be/iY8RerL4lBk

Discuss...

Not very offer you see a video about Rythmik.
post #36638 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Rythmic F25? Nobody seems to comment on them? I am currently on the fence about upgrading my current PSA sub. And do not know anyone who has a Rythmic to listen to. Was partial to sealed but so many people say ported equals more for the money, and I purchased a PSA v1510 df. Wanting to believe that their is bass nirvana waiting for me,.seeking to change subs to find it.
post #36639 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Is ported direct servo tight enough? Or would a sealed just be all that and a bag of chips? Looking for some guidance before making next move on a sub? Am I going to hear and feel enough difference swit hing my current sub to justify the added expense?
post #36640 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagayan kid View Post
Rythmic F25? Nobody seems to comment on them? I am currently on the fence about upgrading my current PSA sub. And do not know anyone who has a Rythmic to listen to. Was partial to sealed but so many people say ported equals more for the money, and I purchased a PSA v1510 df. Wanting to believe that their is bass nirvana waiting for me,.seeking to change subs to find it.
Quote:
Is ported direct servo tight enough? Or would a sealed just be all that and a bag of chips? Looking for some guidance before making next move on a sub? Am I going to hear and feel enough difference swit hing my current sub to justify the added expense?
Can you share what your goals are? What is your current sub not giving you? How big is your room? Is on a suspended floor or concrete? Is the room sealed or open? What are your listening habits and preferences? Are you more HT or music? What is your budget? Are you looking for one or dual?

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #36641 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 12:44 PM

My room is about 20 ft long by about 12 ft wide and 8ft ceilings. About 2000cubic ft. Room is divided with a half wall separating a ten foot portion which is small kitchen. It is not open to any other rooms. My use is 60% music 40 %movies. I really like to hear detail in music. While i do.want some decen output quality and realism of the sound is priority. My current system is nothing high end but I do plan to upgrade. My mains in the near future. Running Pioneer sc lx501 receiver and klipsch Rp250 mains.
post #36642 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 01:23 PM

I am on wooden subfloor. I listen to all kinds of music: funk, classic rock, pop, metal. Artist such as : alice in chains, rage agsinst the machine, billy joel, victor wooten, buckethead, steve morse, led zeppelin, dead kennedy's. My listening levels are moderate, not.reference by any means. Not young anymore, cant take the ear bleed to high volume. Really perplexed by some of the reviews of Rythmic subs. Can they be that much a cut above?
post #36643 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am on wooden subfloor. I listen to all kinds of music: funk, classic rock, pop, metal. Artist such as : alice in chains, rage agsinst the machine, billy joel, victor wooten, buckethead, steve morse, led zeppelin, dead kennedy's. My listening levels are moderate, not.reference by any means. Not young anymore, cant take the ear bleed to high volume. Really perplexed by some of the reviews of Rythmic subs. Can they be that much a cut above?

My vote would be for dual G25HPs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #36644 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2621 Post(s)
Liked: 2380
Quote:
What is the psa lacking? Have you optimized its location and FR in your room?
post #36645 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:

I have two F25's in my room. I've had them for about 3 years. My room is sealed and about 2400 cubic feet. I also probably do 60/40 movies/music. I absolutely love the F25's. Plenty of power, super clean and articulate once you get them dialed in. They get down to about 10 Hz pretty well in my room. Not sure what else I could really want. If you have the space for them, I highly recommend them.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C+Subs_20160415.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2506348  
mavericks64 and Matt2026 like this.

7.2.4 Setup | Display: LG 77" C8 OLED | Blu-ray: Oppo UDP-203 | Processor: Anthem AVM60 | Amps: Outlaw 7700, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 | Speakers: Paradigm Prestige (2) 95F's, 55C, (4) 15B's, (4) CI-Elite E65-R (Atmos) | Subs: (2) Rythmik F25's
post #36646 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 03:26 PM

My space will only allow for one sub of the F25 size. For me to go dual i would need to go smaller sealed. My budget would max at about $1500. The Psa i have is not bad, but all I have read about Rythmic leads me to.believe they are in a class above for musical clarity and depth. Please correct me if this is not so true. My concept of true basd spund comes from hearing a friend playing bass on a Hartke amp. Tight, crisp and energized.
post #36647 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2658 Post(s)
Liked: 4152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
As a customer, I want to know how much bang I'm getting for my dollars. Don't tell me that having accurate product information wouldn't be of benefit . This all matters because if the numbers go one way, one sub would be the better purchase. But if they go another way, another one becomes the better purchase from an output per dollar perspective. I've put together a helpful spreadsheet that arranges all the subs in relation to each other in the same way as Rythmik, but also includes how much output you get per dollar. At this point my confidence in some of the numbers is not great due to the problems reconciling with data-bass. So if Rythmik's site is more accurate, all we need is the 20Hz output of one sub and we can line up the rest of the range. Due to the aforementioned problem, we have to be very careful pulling such a number from data-bass. That is why I set out to determine which statistic was more believable. I need to make sure that the basis for the comparison is accurate.

EDIT: Rythmik clarified below, which corroborates what Schrodinger was saying yesterday.
FV15HP was tested with limiter off. This increased output around 1 dB. Doesn't accounting for this variance put the numbers within less than a dB? If so, you are just splitting hairs imo. Stop ignoring the extra output the FV15Hp recorded due to the way it was tested.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #36648 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got my first Rythmik sub FVX15

Happy new years Rythmik folks. So just got my sub FVX15 after month and half of waiting. It looks great. Box even looked good. Got a bit scared seeing some of pics on here. Sounds great too although feeling gilty as it may be too big but oh well. Some question. To tweak settings in back do I need to turn it off before? I want to make sure I don't age the sub by turning knobs (mostly the 1p music to 1p HT to 2 port switch) while listening to music/movies. Oh out of curiosity are these subs suppose to come with any manual? I could not find one in box. And one last question. Looks like FV15HP has a limiter on/off switch. Is there one for the FVX version? I'm assuming its on all time if not.

Thanks all
post #36649 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Deciding between an F25 or an Fv15hp. Tuff choice they are both really incredible subs. More db or more drivers? One thing for sure I need plenty of tight mid bass.
post #36650 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Deciding between an F25 or an Fv15hp. Tuff choice they are both really incredible subs. More db or more drivers? One thing for sure I need plenty of tight mid bass.
Get a FV25HP and you will have the best of both worlds. Dual driver ported subwoofer with high resolution tight bass for music and powerful bass with a lot of TR for movies. I just setup one in my living room which is running along with his two little brothers, the twins F12SEs
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1727.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2506542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5360.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2506544   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8871.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2506546  

post #36651 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrain View Post
Happy new years Rythmik folks. So just got my sub FVX15 after month and half of waiting. It looks great. Box even looked good. Got a bit scared seeing some of pics on here. Sounds great too although feeling gilty as it may be too big but oh well. Some question. To tweak settings in back do I need to turn it off before? I want to make sure I don't age the sub by turning knobs (mostly the 1p music to 1p HT to 2 port switch) while listening to music/movies. Oh out of curiosity are these subs suppose to come with any manual? I could not find one in box. And one last question. Looks like FV15HP has a limiter on/off switch. Is there one for the FVX version? I'm assuming its on all time if not.

Thanks all
When I ever make any adjustments to the settings.....which I have not done in quite sometime...I do have the sub on but stop playing whatever material I'm using while I make any changes. I have it at 1 port HT setting. Crossover slope at 24 db.

Klipsch towers RF-62 / RC-62 center
Dual Rythmik FVX15 subs
Denon AVR-X3400H
128" 2:35.1 screen
Panasonic PT-AE 8000u projector
post #36652 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Get a FV25HP and you will have the best of both worlds. Dual driver ported subwoofer with high resolution tight bass for music and powerful bass with a lot of TR for movies. I just setup one in my living room which is running along with his two little brothers, the twins F12SEs [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
.Thats a really beautiful sub. Wish I could swing one. She's a bit out of my budget, lol. My choices are between. (1)F25, (2 ) lvx 12 or (1) Fv15hp. Approximately $1500 budget, 2000cb ft room what would you suggest?
post #36653 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked: 2028
Quote:
Get a FV25HP and you will have the best of both worlds. Dual driver ported subwoofer with high resolution tight bass for music and powerful bass with a lot of TR for movies. I just setup one in my living room which is running along with his two little brothers, the twins F12SEs

sweet. get a couple more fv25hp's and use them as an island in kitchen

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #36654 of 40489 Old 01-05-2019, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2621 Post(s)
Liked: 2380
Quote:
My choices are between. (1)F25, (2 ) lvx 12 or (1) Fv15hp. Approximately $1500 budget, 2000cb ft room what would you suggest?
Go for an FV18. $200 above your budget but you will enjoy for a long time. Stop eating out for a couple times would take care of that
post #36655 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 12:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
swing for the fences and get more sub than you think you need today. if you don't you'll eventually regret it later.

7.0.6 / 1700 ft³ / PSA MTM-210T³ / Epson HC 2150 / 147" AT 2.39:1 Spandex Screen / Seatcraft Rialto³ / Velvet Everywhere / Chasing LFE
post #36656 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid View Post
When I ever make any adjustments to the settings.....which I have not done in quite sometime...I do have the sub on but stop playing whatever material I'm using while I make any changes. I have it at 1 port HT setting. Crossover slope at 24 db.
thank yous Capricorn Kid. I just spent like 2 hours re arranging furniture and re connecting wires as my wife did not like its current location. Goodbye sweet spot. I haven't calibrated at new most likely permanent location but heard some music and it still sounded good to me though. The grills on these subs are nice, as they have a shine to it. There is also no glue residue on the grill back unlike my older sub. The matte finish is really nice too; I like it more than my other sub however that one had an oak finish to it with very sensitive skin.
post #36657 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
.Thats a really beautiful sub. Wish I could swing one. She's a bit out of my budget, lol. My choices are between. (1)F25, (2 ) lvx 12 or (1) Fv15hp. Approximately $1500 budget, 2000cb ft room what would you suggest?
F25 is a really good sub and will provide quite a bit more mid bass than the FV15HP. It will have less output and less TR 30Hz and below for movies. Which may or may not matter to you. Your room size will provide plenty of room gain down low for a nice flat response and strong output to 10 Hz(at which and below which it doesn't really matter)
post #36658 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Quote:
F25 is a really good sub and will provide quite a bit more mid bass than the FV15HP. It will have less output and less TR 30Hz and below for movies. Which may or may not matter to you. Your room size will provide plenty of room gain down low for a nice flat response and strong output to 10 Hz(at which and below which it doesn't really matter)
Mid range punch vs bottom end slam. I do definitely enjoy music more often then movies. Time wise its easier to listen to music while doing other things. Movies require time and attention to really immerse yourself. I guess the F25 is like (2) F12's stuck together? I have even had someone suggest monolith 15thx ultra, because it can play almost same output in any port configuration(including fully sealed). Suggesting best of both world performance.
post #36659 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mid range punch vs bottom end slam. I do definitely enjoy music more often then movies. Time wise its easier to listen to music while doing other things. Movies require time and attention to really immerse yourself. I guess the F25 is like (2) F12's stuck together? I have even had someone suggest monolith 15thx ultra, because it can play almost same output in any port configuration(including fully sealed). Suggesting best of both world performance.
If I HAD to pick a weakness of the Mono15, it would be mid and upper bass output. A subwoofer that is optimized for extreme low bass output is going to give up sensitivity/efficiency, which reduces mid and upper bass output. I would expect the F25 to handily outperform the Mono15 on music and any content with strong mid and upper bass.

The F25 uses dual 15" drivers, not dual 12. So it would be more like two E15HP's stuck together. A couple of ticks ahead of the F18.

Last edited by bear123; 01-06-2019 at 06:25 AM.
post #36660 of 40489 Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Quote:
If I HAD to pick a weakness of the Mono15, it would be mid and upper bass output. A subwoofer that is optimized for extreme low bass output is going to give up sensitivity/efficiency, which reduces mid and upper bass output. I would expect the F25 to handily outperform the Mono15 on music and any content with strong mid and upper bass.
Thats the wsy Svs subs are to my ears. I tried one and it seemed very low end focused. While it was awesome it was not as well rounded for my taste. I do wonder though, that the F25 would be lighter in terms of amplification. Seems like it should have the 900 watt amp that in the FV18? Sealed always seems to cobsume more power. Would that rule be that much different with servo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page