Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1229 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13753Likes

post #36841 of 40616 Old 01-28-2019, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Got the FV25HP in the house. Thanks Todd for bring it back Thanks to miniDSP it took me less than 5 mins to time align it and properly integrate it with my pair of F12SEs. Without any EQ yet, all three subwoofers sound coherent and clean. It was like adding a third more powerful sealed subwoofer I may get the REW rig out of the closet to do some EQ and check measurements.

PS: The IKEA plant did fit too
Since it has been almost a month of living with the new FV25HP I have a couple of questions.

Attached is a photo of my room layout. It is a sealed room that is approximately 2,000 cubic feet on concrete floor. With shorter 7 foot ceiling heights, couldn't work in a subfloor. It is about 95% home theater use and 5% music and I tend to listen at about -20 dB and boost the bass about 5 dB after running Audyssey. I don't know how much Audyssey might be boosting things, so let's say 5 dB (though could be as high as 9 dB). So I need subs that can handle peaks between 105 dB and 110dB at the very most. I want to have a pair subs placed as shown in the figure.

I was thinking a pair of G25HPs would work, but some have said that the tactile response would be lacking to that of a ported sub. So, I started thinking either a pair of FV15HPs or FV18s, since looking at Data-bass they get me right about where I would need even down as low as 10 to 12 Hz, depending on which model I choose. Up front the maximum height I can have with the subwoofer is about 18 inches, so that the center channel fits on the sub and below the TV screen, with the TV screen at a comfortable viewing height. A FV15HP will work, if I lay it on its side, but the FV18 will not. I know it is just a few inches difference, but I already have to angle up the center channel a bit and don't want to push up the height of the TV any more that it is already. In the back I don't have a height restriction at all, so if I wanted to I could go with a FV18 or FV25HP, if there is a noticeble difference in tactile response.

1. At the relatively modest listening levels I mentioned, would I notice a difference in tactile response on a concrete floor between the FV15HP, the FV18 or the FV25HP as my rear subwoofer?

2. Would I be able to get non matching subs as mentioned to blend well and smooth out the seat to seat variation, as well as a matching pair?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	2517532  

Last edited by Schrodinger23; 01-28-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36842 of 40616 Old 01-28-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 2944 Post(s)
Liked: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by csprague View Post
Hello, first post here, long time lurker.

Question:

I currently have a 25x20x8' room with Dolby Atmos 7.4.1. In spite of what appears to be a home-theater-centric setup, music is actually of greater importance to me. Notably, I am about to get a pair of Magnepan .7is for 2.1 stereo listening (they will co-exist next to my HT fronts).

About 8 years ago I was about to buy a Rythmik D15se, but then someone literally gave me an AV123 MFW-15, so that's what I've been using ever since. However, with the upcoming addition of the Maggies, it's time to shop for a servo sub again.

The room is acoustically treated with 15 2x4' OC-703 panels (2" on side and back walls, 4" in all corners), and I sit perhaps 60% of the way back from the front wall (so 15' back into the 25' deep room). There are still a few spots in the room where bass response dips, but nothing terrible. Home theater is still important, but good musical integration is more important.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between dual F12s or a single F15. Possibly even dual L12s if that would cut it. With 4000cf and the associated data I gave, what is the general recommendation?

You mean you have a 7.1.4 system not 7.4.1. I would opt for dual F18s for that space or dual
G25HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #36843 of 40616 Old 01-28-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2733 Post(s)
Liked: 4219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger23 View Post
Since it has been almost a month of living with the new FV25HP I have a couple of questions.

Attached is a photo of my room layout. It is a sealed room that is approximately 2,000 cubic feet on concrete floor. With shorter 7 foot ceiling heights, couldn't work in a subfloor. It is about 95% home theater use and 5% music and I tend to listen at about -20 dB and boost the bass about 5 dB after running Audyssey. I don't know how much Audyssey might be boosting things, so let's say 5 dB (though could be as high as 9 dB). So I need subs that can handle peaks between 105 dB and 110dB at the very most. I want to have a pair subs placed as shown in the figure.

I was thinking a pair of G25HPs would work, but some have said that the tactile response would be lacking to that of a ported sub. So, I started thinking either a pair of FV15HPs or FV18s, since looking at Data-bass they get me right about where I would need even down as low as 10 to 12 Hz, depending on which model I choose. Up front the maximum height I can have with the subwoofer is about 18 inches, so that the center channel fits on the sub and below the TV screen, with the TV screen at a comfortable viewing height. A FV15HP will work, if I lay it on its side, but the FV18 will not. I know it is just a few inches difference, but I already have to angle up the center channel a bit and don't want to push up the height of the TV any more that it is already. In the back I don't have a height restriction at all, so if I wanted to I could go with a FV18 or FV25HP, if there is a noticeble difference in tactile response.

1. At the relatively modest listening levels I mentioned, would I notice a difference in tactile response on a concrete floor between the FV15HP, the FV18 or the FV25HP as my rear subwoofer?

2. Would I be able to get non matching subs as mentioned to blend well and smooth out the seat to seat variation, as well as a matching pair?
Why are you putting the subs in those precise locations? Is that where they measure best or just placing them for how they look rather than how they sound?

I'd get the sub you want and make it fit...a couple inches is meaningless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36844 of 40616 Old 01-28-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
You mean you have a 7.1.4 system not 7.4.1. I would opt for dual F18s for that space or dual G25HP
Right, 7.1.4.

But yeah, dual 18s aren't going to happen here.

2Ch: Magnepan 1.7i | LR: Paradigm Signature S4 v1 | C:Paradigm Prestige 55C | Surrounds & Rear: Paradigm Studio 20v5 (x4) | Atmos: Micca M-8C
Subs: Rythmik E15HP (x2) | AVR: Denon X4300H | Amp: Outlaw Model 5000 | TV: Sony XBR75x850E | Players: Oppo UDP-203, U-Turn Orbit Plus
post #36845 of 40616 Old 01-28-2019, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Right, 7.1.4.

But yeah, dual 18s aren't going to happen here.

Budget or space? The f18 are pretty compact

audiofan1 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #36846 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

'pretty compact' to AVSforum norms, I built the F18 dimensions in cardboard and my wife was like

But I managed to convince her. I'm only looking for options to get it to be a white cabinet.
post #36847 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Both, honestly. A pair of Piano Black ones would run me $3,360.00, which is close to double my budget (Piano black would be pretty much required for WAF - plus they'd more or less match my Paradigm Prestiges).

As far as size goes, I could actually get away with having one of them, but definitely not two. My MFW-15 measures about 24x15x24, vs the 20.5x20.5x23 for the F18. So a little shorter, quite a bit little fatter, and slightly less deep than what I have now. I could make it work in the present location.

However since I'm looking for a matched pair to help smooth out room modes, it becomes problematic, as I simply don't have anywhere to put two of these beasts. The only place might be under our baby grand piano in the back corner of the room, but wouldn't that rattle the hell out of the soundboard?

A pair of F12s would offer a lot more flexibility. Do you all really think those would be insufficient? Using a decibel meter, I tend to listen to music at around 85db, which isn't too crazy. I hear all the dynamics, but don't go deaf.

2Ch: Magnepan 1.7i | LR: Paradigm Signature S4 v1 | C:Paradigm Prestige 55C | Surrounds & Rear: Paradigm Studio 20v5 (x4) | Atmos: Micca M-8C
Subs: Rythmik E15HP (x2) | AVR: Denon X4300H | Amp: Outlaw Model 5000 | TV: Sony XBR75x850E | Players: Oppo UDP-203, U-Turn Orbit Plus
post #36848 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Both, honestly. A pair of Piano Black ones would run me $3,360.00, which is close to double my budget (Piano black would be pretty much required for WAF - plus they'd more or less match my Paradigm Prestiges).

As far as size goes, I could actually get away with having one of them, but definitely not two. My MFW-15 measures about 24x15x24, vs the 20.5x20.5x23 for the F18. So a little shorter, quite a bit little fatter, and slightly less deep than what I have now. I could make it work in the present location.

However since I'm looking for a matched pair to help smooth out room modes, it becomes problematic, as I simply don't have anywhere to put two of these beasts. The only place might be under our baby grand piano in the back corner of the room, but wouldn't that rattle the hell out of the soundboard?

A pair of F12s would offer a lot more flexibility. Do you all really think those would be insufficient? Using a decibel meter, I tend to listen to music at around 85db, which isn't too crazy. I hear all the dynamics, but don't go deaf.

Its really all about your goals. The F12s are good subs but in that size space they would struggle to fill it. But if you are not looking to fill that space with bass then they would work fine. Just depends what u are after and listening to music at moderate levels with those subs would be just fine. Don’t expect chest thumping bass though.

post #36849 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Its really all about your goals. The F12s are good subs but in that size space they would struggle to fill it. But if you are not looking to fill that space with bass then they would work fine. Just depends what u are after and listening to music at moderate levels with those subs would be just fine. Don’t expect chest thumping bass though.

hi bro, saw u own Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone with mini dsp HD

I just got a new FV18 aluminium cone.
Have 2 questions if u dont mind to share

1. have u heard both A and P cone any key difference? just curious Thanks.

2. Will the mini DSP HD help in the EQ of the 2 subs u have? Keen to explore this option.

Greatly appreciate u sharing big thanks.
post #36850 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Why are you putting the subs in those precise locations? Is that where they measure best or just placing them for how they look rather than how they sound?

I'd get the sub you want and make it fit...a couple inches is meaningless.
Just trying to stick with Harmon's (Welti's) research that midpoint of opposing walls is optimal for reducing standing waves in a sealed rectangular room.

The center channel is 11 inches tall and will sit on the subwoofer as a speaker stand, and needs to be tilted up a bit to be aimed at ear level and I'm upgrading to a 77 inch OLED to go above it. I'm already pushing things heightwise about as far as I'd like to go. I put the FV15HP as the cutoff heightwise, because it is the sub that basically gets me the output that I need down to about 12Hz, in one port mode. I like that the FV18 or FV25HP extends a little bit lower and if I am right at the 105 to 110 dB peaks, they would be more composed down below 20 Hz (less distortion). However, I don't think that I will be pushing things that hard regularly, if at all.

A pair of FV15HPs at the front and back would work for me in terms of output levels. But, I was thinking that if there would be a significant difference in tactile response at -15 dB listening levels, why not use a FV18 or FV25HP for the rear subwoofer.
post #36851 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:

I think I *might* be able to do dual E15s. But still, in Piano Black, I'd be about $500 over my target max budget. Probably something I'd be able to talk myself into though. But for a matched pair, that's absolutely as large as I could go.

post #36852 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnlim View Post
hi bro, saw u own Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone with mini dsp HD

I just got a new FV18 aluminium cone.

Have 2 questions if u dont mind to share

1. have u heard both A and P cone any key difference? just curious Thanks.

2. Will the mini DSP HD help in the EQ of the 2 subs u have? Keen to explore this option.

Greatly appreciate u sharing big thanks.

Hey my friend. Congrats on the FV18. That is one hell of a sub especially at that price point. I have heard the aluminum cone FV25HP so have an idea of how they sound. Main difference is that the paper cone has a warmer sound to it and a little more TR. I am 100% so the paper cone was my preference. But after hearing the aluminum cone I think I would have been happy with that too

I have the minidsp for entering bass equalization filters but am using it to present Audyssey a decent FR first

post #36853 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 3389
Quote:
I think I *might* be able to do dual E15s. But still, in Piano Black, I'd be about $500 over my target max budget. Probably something I'd be able to talk myself into though. But for a matched pair, that's absolutely as large as I could go.
Given the circumstances dual E15HP's sound like a good solution. If you're still concerned about output there's the E15HP2 as well. Same form factor but more output. Costs a little more though.
pn56Matt likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #36854 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Dual E15's should be adequate for that size room. Dual F18's would be better, but cost and size is always a factor. Dual 12's would struggle to fill the space. I've been there and done that with dual F12's in a 3200 cu.ft. room.
post #36855 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3304 Post(s)
Liked: 3403
One thing to remember is Rythmik's 10% discount on multiple subs. You can buy one now and get the 10% discount later but, unless they've changed their policy, if you buy two together now the 10% applies to both subs. Might help the budget a bit.
javan robinson likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #36856 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
One thing to remember is Rythmik's 10% discount on multiple subs. You can buy one now and get the 10% discount later but, unless they've changed their policy, if you buy two together now the 10% applies to both subs. Might help the budget a bit.
Yeah, I'd rather get both at the same time for the savings.

I recognize you from the Magnepan forum. Just curious, do you have a specific recommendation for a pair of .7is in this room?

post #36857 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd rather get both at the same time for the savings.

I recognize you from the Magnepan forum. Just curious, do you have a specific recommendation for a pair of .7is in this room?
Sorry, I've not been following closely (I tend to pop in between tests or over lunch, read a few posts, then skip out again).

What are the room dimensions, is it open or closed, where will the Maggies be sitting (how far from the wall behind and how near the MLP), where will you be sitting? What are your restrictions on sub size and placement? Is it for music, HT, both? If this has already been hashed out no need to do it again; link the post or PM me (or PM a link).

In a modest (~2000 cu ft) sealed room I used a pair of F12's with Magnepan MG-IIIa's for a number of years. I added another pair to help smooth the response (bad room dimensions), did not need the extra output.

HTH - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #36858 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
If this has already been hashed out no need to do it again; link the post or PM me (or PM a link).
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57513692

post #36859 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That's a pretty large room (4000 cu ft). I like the pair of E15HP suggestion. Saving for the best is usually much better than compromising in the short term. As I have gotten older I have gotten better at following that strategy. Well, a little better...
BluesDaddy56 likes this.

post #36860 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys, just got my FV18 paper cone.

It was pretty cold outside and there's a small amount of moisture due to condensation. Should I let it warm up and wait for the moisture to go away before plugging it in and playing?

Thanks
post #36861 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 04:13 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Quoted: 5538 Post(s)
Liked: 10675
Quote:
Just trying to stick with Harmon's (Welti's) research that midpoint of opposing walls is optimal for reducing standing waves in a sealed rectangular room.

The center channel is 11 inches tall and will sit on the subwoofer as a speaker stand, and needs to be tilted up a bit to be aimed at ear level and I'm upgrading to a 77 inch OLED to go above it. I'm already pushing things heightwise about as far as I'd like to go. I put the FV15HP as the cutoff heightwise, because it is the sub that basically gets me the output that I need down to about 12Hz, in one port mode. I like that the FV18 or FV25HP extends a little bit lower and if I am right at the 105 to 110 dB peaks, they would be more composed down below 20 Hz (less distortion). However, I don't think that I will be pushing things that hard regularly, if at all.

A pair of FV15HPs at the front and back would work for me in terms of output levels. But, I was thinking that if there would be a significant difference in tactile response at -15 dB listening levels, why not use a FV18 or FV25HP for the rear subwoofer.
Hi,

I have several thoughts on this. First, the mid-point of opposing walls can be a good solution for a rectangular room, but so can 1/4 length walls, diagonal corners, and other placements. Bear's point about getting the subwoofers you want and experimenting with placement is a good one, in my opinion. If I were you, I would put my CC on a speaker stand at the height you want, and try the subwoofer you want next to it, or somewhere else on the front wall. I don't think it will mind if it isn't precisely at the center of the wall, anyway.

I wouldn't be keen on mixing subwoofers with different tuning points and different frequency responses, if I were you. That would be inviting some cancellation problems, and some level-matching issues, especially if the stronger sub were actually closer to the listening position. Personally, I would get dual FV18's, with the paper cones. With the room gain you would be getting, I think that you would have all of the low-frequency SPL you could ever want. And, I think that the paper cone FV18's would definitely be helpful with respect to low-frequency TR on concrete.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #36862 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm probably preaching to the choir here but I wanted to chime in and say that Brian and Enrico recently went WAY out of their way to help me with a Rythmik sub issue (one I've had for 3+ years no less). They couldn't have been more patient or responsive. Very rare to find this level of service from another company, let alone from the head honchos!
Eric HA and drh3b like this.
post #36863 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extrapootie View Post
Hey guys, just got my FV18 paper cone.

It was pretty cold outside and there's a small amount of moisture due to condensation. Should I let it warm up and wait for the moisture to go away before plugging it in and playing?

Thanks

Yes I would let sit for 24 hours or so.

audiofan1 likes this.

post #36864 of 40616 Old 01-29-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2733 Post(s)
Liked: 4219
Quote:

It's good that you are basing placement on where they should perform well. As far as capability, -15 MV for 100 dB, 5 hot puts you at 105, a little hotter with redirected bass puts you up to 110, so I think your estimates make sense. In my experience, in a room that is small enough to offer some room gain, you should be flat below 20 Hz until the sub starts to roll off quickly below tune. So a single FV15HP, with even a small amount of boundary and room gain, should be good for 110 dB at 20 Hz. A pair should be good for 115+, and this should put you solid into the low teens and close to 10 Hz. I think you'll be covered.

You are in a similar situation to me....typically not louder than -15 and I want 115 dB capability into the low teens to cover any scenario.

Not trying to dissuade you from considering FV18's, and I think Mike's suggestion of the paper cone version makes sense for TR for movies. It's never a mistake imo to buy a little more sub than you think you need. How likely is it that -15Mv will be the loudest you will listen, ever? Room treatment and high efficiency speakers, if you ever go that route, can make listening closer to reference more and more tolerable. I've been in theaters where reference level was easier on the ears than -10 MV in my room.

Last edited by bear123; 01-29-2019 at 05:42 PM.
post #36865 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Can anyone here tell me how a pair of E15HP2 would fair against a pair of PSA S1510? I currently have a pair of S1510 in my living room set up, but the E15HP2 is very enticing, especially in the gorgeous piano black. I'm thinking of jumping on the servo bandwagon, but not sure if that would be more of a lateral move, instead of an upgrade. The reason I was eyeing the E15HP2 is the high power amp, and the 17" width. The layout of my room would make it impossible to fit anything wider, unless I bought a wireless sub kit and completely changed where the subs are currently set up.
post #36866 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkobangz View Post
Can anyone here tell me how a pair of E15HP2 would fair against a pair of PSA S1510? I currently have a pair of S1510 in my living room set up, but the E15HP2 is very enticing, especially in the gorgeous piano black. I'm thinking of jumping on the servo bandwagon, but not sure if that would be more of a lateral move, instead of an upgrade. The reason I was eyeing the E15HP2 is the high power amp, and the 17" width. The layout of my room would make it impossible to fit anything wider, unless I bought a wireless sub kit and completely changed where the subs are currently set up.

Are you mostly music or HT?

post #36867 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Are you mostly music or HT?

HT for sure. I listen to music on it, but not real "audiophile" stuff. Just through Spotify Connect.

It's currently a 3.2 set up, with KEF LS50 across the front. Once I get more funds, I'm going to expand to 5.2 for what it's worth.

Last edited by Kirkobangz; 01-30-2019 at 03:12 PM.
post #36868 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HT for sure. I listen to music on it, but not real "audiophile" stuff. Just through Spotify Connect.

It's currently a 3.2 set up, with KEF LS50 across the front.

Is there a reason why you are only considering sealed subs then? Ported are usually preferred for HT.

post #36869 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Is there a reason why you are only considering sealed subs then? Ported are usually preferred for HT.

The size difference. Which brings me to my next option, which was to trade in the S1510's towards a pair of V1510DF through PSA, which were about the "smallest" vented 15" sub I could find.
post #36870 of 40616 Old 01-30-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The size difference. Which brings me to my next option, which was to trade in the S1510's towards a pair of V1510DF through PSA, which were about the "smallest" vented 15" sub I could find.
I think ported would be a better choice in that space. The V1811 is the most compact 18 inch sub available but does not dig very deep. However the output from that sub is really good

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page