Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1276 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12438Likes

post #38251 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Rise & Grind

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Each sub interacts differently with the room. Many variables here that can affect the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Much...Its obviously going to be a huge learning experience this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38252 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 3217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamigym View Post
Thanks Much...Its obviously going to be a huge learning experience this week!

I would look into learning REW and getting a minidsp HD. Both very powerful and essential tools

Geronimo.USMC and dinamigym like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #38253 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 5376 Post(s)
Liked: 10050
Quote:
You obviously have way more experience with different subs than I do. These will be my first new subs in 10 years. If this is a stupid question I apologize..theoretically if you have a ported sub and you remove it and replace in the same spot with a different ported sub (Rythmik FV25) if you didn’t have a null issue with the old sub could you reasonably expect not to have one with the new one?

I agree with Ray that there are multiple variables in play, but I might say that it depends. First, the acoustic center of a single driver subwoofer is the center of the cone. (It's the center of the cabinet between the two drivers with duals.) So, with different size and shape cabinets, it's difficult to get the acoustic center of the new subs in exactly the same spots. Second, if the new subs play much lower frequencies than the old subs did, then you could discover a null at a frequency that you didn't know you had with the older subs. Those are two variables that could definitely give different results with new subs.

With all of that said, however, I think that good locations for the older subs would still be my first choice for the new ones. Subtle placement adjustments might be needed, but that would still be likely to be a good starting point. Ray's room was a pretty good example of that. He used both sealed subs, and several different ported subs, in approximately the same locations with good results, although he did have to move them a few inches further forward or backward, with some of the subs.

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 05-10-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38254 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1129 View Post
You know how we cant hear lower Hertz like under 15 I think? Well one sec your hear the rumble but then nothing. If I move around I'll hear it but when I move away slightly it completely goes away. I maybe the worse in describing it lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You’re in SoCal theirs quite a few of us on these boards that should be able to help you with setup and rew. @chucky7 and @Marc Alexander might be able to help. Check the dedicated Los angles group thread I know theirs more people near riverside area. I would help you but I have no idea how to use rew.
chucky7 and tuner1129 like this.

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
post #38255 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Yes I do. I have places them on the both rides where the bookcases are. Also where the small table is and same issue. The right corner is where I cant hear anything at all but I feel the bass, I know it sounds weird but is why I say theres a black hole. No I have not used REW? Sorry I know most here are above my experience.
Perhaps this is a bit of a side-track, but what I see from that image suggests you may have something additional to think about.

The center channel is arguably the most important speaker in any HT system. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it appears to be substantially smaller than the rest of your system. With towers for the L/R positions, and now an FV25 shoring up the low end, that center is likely to be dragging everything else down. I'm not certain what that particular speaker is, or what its specifications are, but you might want to give some consideration to upgrading it to match the capabilities of the rest of your setup. A HT system tends to expose the weakest link in the chain. It that component turns out to be one of the more significant pieces you may find that the viewing experience is less than you anticipated.
darthray and mthomas47 like this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #38256 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
As @muscles said, it is a very big room. Also part of the problem.
That said, from your pictures. It look like your sub is located in the middle of the right wall.
The center of any room, is always the worst placement for a sub. It cancel lots of the bass frequencies.

I would move your sub either more toward the front, or closer the sitting area due to room size.
Since you have a door on the right wall, perhaps placing the sub near your couch (toward the back wall/separating wall from the dinning area).
Could resolve your problem, if possible to do.

Darth
Ok forsure yes I only places it there for right now since I was leaving but I had it by the windows on the left side. Tomorrow I'll make alot of the changes and move.

post #38257 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Perhaps this is a bit of a side-track, but what I see from that image suggests you may have something additional to think about.

The center channel is arguably the most important speaker in any HT system. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it appears to be substantially smaller than the rest of your system. With towers for the L/R positions, and now an FV25 shoring up the low end, that center is likely to be dragging everything else down. I'm not certain what that particular speaker is, or what its specifications are, but you might want to give some consideration to upgrading it to match the capabilities of the rest of your setup. A HT system tends to expose the weakest link in the chain. It that component turns out to be one of the more significant pieces you may find that the viewing experience is less than you anticipated.
If he's the primary user of the HT he could also try disabling the centre speaker and running a phantom centre to see how that sounds. Worth a try before deciding whether to spend money on a new centre.
Soulburner likes this.
post #38258 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

No your eyes are correct they are small lol but I ordered klipsch rf8000f with matching center. But they came in damaged so they went back to where I bought them. This is not my permanent set up, this is my temp set up if that makes sense. I agree 100 percent, even with these def techs towers I had the matching center but since I haven't had subs since I sold the pb16s I use the built in 10 inch and I couldnt mount the 14 inch deep center so I place this marting Logan from my room for now.

post #38259 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari_1996 View Post
If he's the primary user of the HT he could also try disabling the centre speaker and running a phantom centre to see how that sounds. Worth a try before deciding whether to spend money on a new centre.
That's a good idea I should try that, the little thing sounds good but missing alot of detail.

post #38260 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 3655 Post(s)
Liked: 4381
Not sure if these recommendations would fly with your wife but here we go:

1.- Move those bookcases out of the front wall. You are limiting your sound stage having those bookcases on the front wall.

2.- Move each front speaker 1.5 ft - 2 ft to the outside. That would give you a much better sound stage as they would be about 8 ft to 10 ft apart. Right now they are like like 4 ft which with the center between and your seating position at more than 15 ft, what you have is literally a big mono speaker up front.

3.- Place the FV25HP on the right corner like 1 ft from the side wall and 8" from back wall. That would give you enough corner load gain which you need in such a big room.

4.- If you can, move the sofa up front so the distance from the front wall to the sofa is equal to the distance between the main speakers. If the speakers are 10 ft apart, the sofa should be no more than 12 ft from the front wall.

5.- Run calibration and listen again.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #38261 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
You’re in SoCal theirs quite a few of us on these boards that should be able to help you with setup and rew. @chucky7 and @Marc Alexander might be able to help. Check the dedicated Los angles group thread I know theirs more people near riverside area. I would help you but I have no idea how to use rew.
Awesome yes, lol that will definitely will need to be done because as I think I've shown. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but its something I'm passionate about and with all these peps helping me I'll learn eventually

kyzer soze likes this.
post #38262 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Not sure if these recommendations would fly with your wife but here we go:

1.- Move those bookcases out of the front wall. You are limiting your sound stage having those bookcases on the front wall.

2.- Move each front speaker 1.5 ft - 2 ft to the outside. That would give you a much better sound stage as they would be about 8 ft to 10 ft apart. Right now they are like like 4 ft which with the center between and your seating position at more than 15 ft, what you have is literally a big mono speaker up front.

3.- Place the FV25HP on the right corner like 1 ft from the side wall and 8" from back wall. That would give you enough corner load gain which you need in such a big room.

4.- If you can, move the sofa up front so the distance from the front wall to the sofa is equal to the distance between the main speakers. If the speakers are 10 ft apart, the sofa should be no more than 12 ft from the front wall.

5.- Run calibration and listen again.
Ok I'm doing all these steps tomorrow and updating thank you. I knew those bookcases weren't helping but never thought of removing them.

Alan P likes this.
post #38263 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Awesome yes, lol that will definitely will need to be done because as I think I've shown. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but its something I'm passionate about and with all these peps helping me I'll learn eventually

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/61-ar...-meet-311.html

Here’s the thread I was talking about.

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
post #38264 of 39454 Old 05-10-2019, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked: 2797
Quote:
You know how we cant hear lower Hertz like under 15 I think? Well one sec your hear the rumble but then nothing. If I move around I'll hear it but when I move away slightly it completely goes away. I maybe the worse in describing it lol

Try the using the fundamentals "rule of thirds" in regards to your main listening position (exp. if your room is say 21ft long try sitting 12-14ft from the front wall), pull the couch 6-7ft from the rear wall and use the sub crawl method, I'm will to bet with just a change of the mlp with the sub in the front right or left corner will get you out of the null aka black hole
post #38265 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/61-ar...-meet-311.html

Here’s the thread I was talking about.
Very good suggestion...those guys are very knowledgeable..
post #38266 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 24252
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy56 View Post
Anyone else get a little nauseous after running a sub-20hz sine wave for a little while to test tactile response?
http://newworldwar.org/sw.htm

"Sonic Weapons
Introduction A variety of high powered sonic weapons (SW) exist spanning the infrasonic, ultrasonic, and audible ranges. Because they are weapons which direct sound onto a target, and sound is energy, they can be considered directed-energy weapons.
"

"Infrasonic generators can cause negative emotions such as fear, anxiety, or depression, as well as biological symptoms like nausea, vomiting, organ damage, burns, or death—depending on the frequency and power level. Most of these weapons function between the frequency range of about 1 Hz to 30 kHz. These frequencies occur within the following waves: Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) 1 Hz to 30 Hz, Super Low Frequency (SLF) 30 Hz to 300 Hz, Ultra Low Frequency (ULF) 300 Hz to 3 kHz, and Very Low Frequency (VLF) 3 kHz to 30 kHz.1"

Note the organ damage...

"Infrasonic and Ultrasonic Weapons Infrasonic and ultrasonic generators, also called emitters, and VLF modulators, are weaponized devices consisting of a directional antenna dish, which can send acoustic pulses to a general or a specific are. In 1972 France was using infrasonic generators which operated at 7 Hz on its civilian population."

Enjoy
BluesDaddy56 likes this.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1.) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Aircom T-8, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38267 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
It's with a heavy heart that I write this. My HOA requested a meeting with me today and told me that the whole community that I live in has complained (ever since I got the FV25HP's) that their houses shake and it feels like constant earthquakes. They advised me to just get headphones (yeah right!). I don't know what to do, I guess I will probably have to put the subs up for sale. I am really bummed that I am being forced out of this hobby. Everyone at work tonight said I looked like I lost a loved one lol.

Since I can't go big....maybe I will just go with some finesse. Maybe I will go with dual F18's. At this point, I will have to stay away from ported subs. The output below 20hz is just too much for a small house in a small community. Before you recommend that I move (a bit extreme) I live in an area where 1200sqft houses are 1.3 million dollars and up. It's just not feasible for me. What do you guys think?

Greg
Hi Greg...just catching up on the thread. Sorry about the loss of the FV25s. Did your neighbors complain about the G25s when you had them playing before the FV25s? I did notice that you are now getting dual F18SEs.

Thanks,
Ralph
post #38268 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Thank you...I’ll have to give Audyssey a try again with the app upgrade once the subs arrive. I used to have a wisdom Audio Sage speaker system in the room (thus the STS sub). I removed it but still use their SC3 system controller for 16 channel Dirac Live calibration because I couldn’t get things to sound good with Audyssey. So basically the SC3 is now a very expensive DL Room Correction tool. The SC3 allows 16 Balanced in and 32 Balanced out of DL calibrated channels. All the Wisdom speakers required bi-amplification, thus the 32 out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Dinagmigym...just curious...what speakers are you running with your new subs ILO of the Sages? And why, if you are willing to say? At one point, I was giving serious consideration to the Sages for an upcoming media room, but finally decided the collateral equipment requirements for them was just too much.

Thanks,
Ralph
post #38269 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Rise & Grind

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFan810 View Post
Hi Dinagmigym...just curious...what speakers are you running with your new subs ILO of the Sages? And why, if you are willing to say? At one point, I was giving serious consideration to the Sages for an upcoming media room, but finally decided the collateral equipment requirements for them was just too much.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Ralph, I’m breaking every audiophile rule currently! Lol I’m running Magico A3s FR/L, Revel C208 center, SVS Ulta Bookshelf sides and rears, & 6X Goldenear Invisa 7000 for atmos and the Wisdom STS sub.

The big reason for the speaker situation is I moved to a smaller home and my new smaller media room no longer accommodates the on wall Wisdoms well. I tried to make it work but there just was no way I could install them as they needed to be. Thus...I’m selling them and slowly piecing my speakers back together. At this point I’m taking a huge bath on the Wisdom stuff but it’s currently decorating the middle of my floor and my wife is not happy!

AudioFan810 likes this.

Trinnov Altitude 16, Magico A3, Magico ACC, Magico A1s, Dual Rythmik FV25HP
Amps- ATI AT523NC, AT524NC, AT528NC
Kaleidescape Terra Server/Strato, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV4k, XFinity X1
Sony VPL-VW5000, 136" 2.35:1 Stewart Studiotek 100 screen, Lumagen Pro 4242

Last edited by dinamigym; 05-11-2019 at 10:40 AM.
post #38270 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Hi Greg...just catching up on the thread. Sorry about the loss of the FV25s. Did your neighbors complain about the G25s when you had them playing before the FV25s? I did notice that you are now getting dual F18SEs.

Thanks,
Ralph

They complained about the G25HP's a little bit but they weren't giving me violations. I did get the police called on my one night with the G25's but its because I left the french doors opened to the backyard and it was about 11pm. I think F18's will actually bring the quality of my whole system up a notch because I can then use the exact specifications of my ESL's distance wise. I gave up a bit of sound quality to go with FV25HP's because they move my L/R speakers about 1.5' too wide.

To be completely honest I have realized I have a bias towards sealed subs. I like the novelty of ported, and the Rythmiks certainly have the sound quality, but I think sealed is what my ears really like. I think aesthetically the F18's will look amazing as well, I am actually looking forward to playing my system again without upsetting the whole neighborhood.

Greg

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions - Martin Logan ESL-C - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - McIntosh MP100 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #38271 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Hi Ralph, I’m breaking every audiophile rule currently! Lol I’m running Magico A3s FR/L, Revel C208 center, SVS Ulta Bookshelf sides and rears, & 6X Goldenear Invisa 7000 for atmos and the Wisdom STS sub.

The big reason for the speaker situation is I moved to a smaller home and my new smaller media room no longer accommodates the on wall Wisdoms well. I tried to make it work but there just was no way I could install them as they needed to be. Thus...I’m selling them and slowing piecing my speakers back together. At this point I’m taking a huge bath on the Wisdom stuff but it’s currently decorating the middle of my floor and my wife is not happy!

Thanks. I well understand how moving to a smaller house can sabotage our AV preferences! Been there, done that. Sucks.
dinamigym likes this.
post #38272 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
They complained about the G25HP's a little bit but they weren't giving me violations. I did get the police called on my one night with the G25's but its because I left the french doors opened to the backyard and it was about 11pm. I think F18's will actually bring the quality of my whole system up a notch because I can then use the exact specifications of my ESL's distance wise. I gave up a bit of sound quality to go with FV25HP's because they move my L/R speakers about 1.5' too wide.

To be completely honest I have realized I have a bias towards sealed subs. I like the novelty of ported, and the Rythmiks certainly have the sound quality, but I think sealed is what my ears really like. I think aesthetically the F18's will look amazing as well, I am actually looking forward to playing my system again without upsetting the whole neighborhood.

Greg
Thanks a bunch for the reply. We will be staying with dual sealed subs for our upcoming media room. Been trying to figure out whether to go with the F18s, G25s or the E15HPs (which are reported to sound like the G25s, just not as loud). Want the most musical subs of the three and look forward to hearing about your experience with the F18SEs.

Ralph
muscles likes this.
post #38273 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Thanks a bunch for the reply. We will be staying with dual sealed subs for our upcoming media room. Been trying to figure out whether to go with the F18s, G25s or the E15HPs (which are reported to sound like the G25s, just not as loud). Want the most musical subs of the three and look forward to hearing about your experience with the F18SEs.

Ralph
You absolutely cannot go wrong with any of these. The G25HP's are the best sounding subwoofers I have ever heard. They are the closest thing to perfect I have ever experienced. If you do 50/50 music/movies you should go with those. If you lean towards more music than movies you could get away with a smaller sealed sub. I plan on using the F18's for as long as I live here and once I move, if I get a bigger house, I will move them to a bedroom/office and see what Rythmik has down the line.

Greg
AudioFan810 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions - Martin Logan ESL-C - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - McIntosh MP100 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #38274 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Hello, My name is Greg and I have a problem. I guess I have owned almost the whole line of subs from Rythmik at this point. I have single handily improved the economy in Texas

I will totally post my impressions. Good news is I have a lot of experience setting up Rythmik subs at this point, should only take an hour or two. Maybe by next weekend. Can't wait to see the finish on these babies next to the Piano Black Martin Logans. Wife factor should be higher.

Greg
In addition to your general impressions compared to all of the other subs you've owned, I'm really interested in the comparison to the SB16s. I had pretty much settled on those, but then the F18s came out and I eventually decided to go with a pair of those instead. The F18s are really the only subs I've ever owned. I'm not sure whether it counts, but I do have a Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 system hooked up to my computer. It's not a bad little system and the dual 8" sub used to irritate the hell out of my neighbors, even at very low volume, when I lived in an apartment. I'm always shocked when I see people on this site with big subs in an apartment. I'm sure construction varies wildly, but generally speaking their neighbors must be hating life.
muscles likes this.
post #38275 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked: 2797
Quote:

Greg
Your a braver and more accommodating man than I, as I would have never sacrificed the position of my mains. It took far to many man hours to get them in their final positions. I'm fortunate to have a room that gets them into almost ideal positioning with the subs. As a golden rule of mine a proper 2/ch stereo position as ways translate to great sound no matter how many speakers you add around and above them.

I still say your in for a surprise with the F18 and they will be the one's you keep at least longer than the rest

enjoy the journey
muscles, dinamigym and AudioFan810 like this.
post #38276 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post
"Infrasonic generators can cause negative emotions such as fear, anxiety, or depression, as well as biological symptoms like nausea, vomiting, organ damage, burns, or death—depending on the frequency and power level. Most of these weapons function between the frequency range of about 1 Hz to 30 kHz. These frequencies occur within the following waves: Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) 1 Hz to 30 Hz, Super Low Frequency (SLF) 30 Hz to 300 Hz, Ultra Low Frequency (ULF) 300 Hz to 3 kHz, and Very Low Frequency (VLF) 3 kHz to 30 kHz.
Hmm, it seems the author is confusing pressure waves occurring in a medium (air) with electromagnetic waves. The frequency designations he is using appear to be for EM waves, borrowed from the International Telecommunications Union. I am not sure those same designations are used for sound.

The author also seems extremely paranoid and thinks that he has personally witnessed acoustic weapons being used on himself and houses and cars around him.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #38277 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 24252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Hmm, it seems the author is confusing pressure waves occurring in a medium (air) with electromagnetic waves. The frequency designations he is using appear to be for EM waves, borrowed from the International Telecommunications Union. I am not sure those same designations are used for sound.

The author also seems extremely paranoid and thinks that he has personally witnessed acoustic weapons being used on himself and houses and cars around him.
Guess I got the wrong info...

How about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

"Extremely high-power sound waves can disrupt or destroy the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort. The use of these frequencies to incapacitate persons has occurred both in anti-citizen special operation and crowd control settings.

The possibility of a device that produces frequency that causes vibration of the eyeballs—and therefore distortion of vision—was suggested by paranormal researcher Vic Tandy[1][2] in the 1990s while attempting to demystify a "haunting" in his laboratory in Coventry. This "spook" was characterised by a feeling of unease and vague glimpses of a grey apparition. Some detective work implicated a newly installed extractor fan that, Tandy found, was generating infrasound of 18.9 Hz, 0.3 Hz, and 9 Hz."

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1.) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Aircom T-8, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38278 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello there.

I've just upgraded my PC speaker setup - I'm currently using a pair of CBM 170's with a Micca OriGain DAC/amp for power. I have ordered a Rythmik L12 for a sub that I plan to connect to the Micca via the pre-out port and my question is this - will setting the crossover to 80Hz on the sub tell the CBM 170s to not bother with anything below 80Hz or will I need another piece of equipment to sort that part out? If so, what is recommended?

Thanks!

TV: LG OLED65C8PUA
Front L & R/Center: Sierra-2/Sierra-2 center
Front Highs/Surrounds: Polk RTi A3/Polk RTi A1
Receiver/Blu-ray: Marantz SR6012/Oppo 203-D
Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP w/ miniDSP 2x4 HD
post #38279 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 02:37 PM

For those who own the fv25hp, is it normal for the amp to be warm in standby? I'm moving all the stuff right bow to see if I can eliminate my bulls and voids.

post #38280 of 39454 Old 05-11-2019, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 2186
Quote:
I plan on using the F18's for as long as I live here.
Greg
The F18SE is such a beautiful piano finish sub. You will be shocked how beautiful it looks, trust me, I had seen it in person. Sound wise, you already know.
muscles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page