Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12419Likes

post #38311 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 3234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamigym View Post
Hi Jim,

LOL! Maybe I just am a very poor judge of sound quality, which is totally possible, but after playing around with my Dirac Live calibrations a bit I think it sounds pretty darn good. Definitely a challenge...I will say I could never get a good result when I tried using Audyssey but Dirac seems to allow me the flexibility to play with it enough to where I'm pretty happy (or at least can live) with the mess until I can get the speakers all on the same page !

Paul
Magico, Revel and Wisdom cannot be used in the same sentence as "very poor judge of sound quality". That's an oxymoron along the lines of government intelligence, jumbo shrimp and freezer burn. Me thinks you have discerning tastes.
dinamigym and tuner1129 like this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38312 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 3647 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Magico, Revel and Wisdom cannot be used in the same sentence as "very poor judge of sound quality". That's an oxymoron along the lines of government intelligence, jumbo shrimp and freezer burn. Me thinks you have discerning tastes.
Too many good speakers in the same room However, I would sell the Revel and Wisdoms, keep the Magico A3s and get a Magico SCC Center and Magico S1.5s for Surrounds and Rear Surrounds. Just my 2 cents
dinamigym likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #38313 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
You absolutely cannot go wrong with any of these. The G25HP's are the best sounding subwoofers I have ever heard. They are the closest thing to perfect I have ever experienced. If you do 50/50 music/movies you should go with those. If you lean towards more music than movies you could get away with a smaller sealed sub. I plan on using the F18's for as long as I live here and once I move, if I get a bigger house, I will move them to a bedroom/office and see what Rythmik has down the line.

Greg
I'm very curious to see how the F18 compare to your previous subs like JL and SVS.
muscles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38314 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcjago View Post
I'm very curious to see how the F18 compare to your previous subs like JL and SVS.
He has done that comparison with the G25 - there was no comparison. The Rythmik blew them out of the water/sky/space.
muscles likes this.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #38315 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Rise & Grind

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Too many good speakers in the same room However, I would sell the Revel and Wisdoms, keep the Magico A3s and get a Magico SCC Center and Magico S1.5s for Surrounds and Rear Surrounds. Just my 2 cents
Lord...that would make the most sense and also might get me divorced! I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of that! Ha
post #38316 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
He has done that comparison with the G25 - there was no comparison. The Rythmik blew them out of the water/sky/space.
Yes I know. But the F18 has 4dB less output than the G25, so it should be closer.
post #38317 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcjago View Post
Yes I know. But the F18 has 4dB less output than the G25, so it should be closer.
I’m not sure if it was necessarily based on output but rather sound quality.
post #38318 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Rise & Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

So I guess you are politely telling me to stay away from an audio review career?
JimWilson and tuner1129 like this.
post #38319 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 2540 Post(s)
Liked: 2186
Quote:
If I tried front and back before option 3A ....would you recommend centered on front and back wall or one side center speaker and one side of where STS currently is?
Thanks Again
If you can center the front sub as speaker stand for your center speaker, then I would definitely try the front and back mid wall placements. This might do it. How big is the room?
Soulburner and dinamigym like this.
post #38320 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Rise & Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
If you can center the front sub as speaker stand for your center speaker, then I would definitely try the front and back mid wall placements. This might do it. How big is the room?

Room is 15’ wide 28’ long 8’ ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinnov Altitude 16, Magico A3, Magico ACC, Magico A1s, Dual Rythmik FV25HP
Amps- ATI AT523NC, AT524NC, AT528NC
Kaleidescape Terra Server/Strato, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV4k, XFinity X1
Sony VPL-VW5000, 136" 2.35:1 Stewart Studiotek 100 screen, Lumagen Pro 4242
post #38321 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 02:18 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 5371 Post(s)
Liked: 10023
Quote:
So my subs are arriving tomorrow. Although I have a dedicated media room, due to the size of the FV25s I only really have two location options...

1. One is laying on their sides in between the Left & Right Front speakers and center (pic 1):

2. Two is laying on side or standing upright in back of room where Wisdom STS is currently at (pic 2):

From reading obviously it would be ideal to move them around and take measurements but the aisle up the left side is pretty tight so that would be very difficult to do.

Any suggestions on where to best try first...front or back?

Also, since both subs are in identical and will be equidistant from the MPL in either location would a Minidsp 2x4 still be recommended?

PS Due to the size of the STS I only had one option with that so there was no thought or measurement as to where that is currently located.

Thanks Much - Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Quote:
Room is 15’ wide 28’ long 8’ ceiling

That's a very nice room, and a very nice system!

I was debating whether or not to say something, but Tony's post helped me to decide. I agree with the idea of trying center wall for your subwoofer, with one in front and one in back. There may be other arrangements that will work better, but that would be my starting point. But, I have also been looking at the height of your center channel and wanting to comment on it.

I'm sure that you have the CC angled-up slightly toward your listening height, but if you could raise it to just below the viewing height of your screen, I think it would improve both your overall sound quality and the dialogue clarity. Most tweeters have very poor vertical dispersion characteristics, and the higher frequencies can be very important for imaging for some instruments, and for hard to hear dialogue.

Regards,
Mike
darthray and dinamigym like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #38322 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Rise & Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

I was debating whether or not to say something, but Tony's post helped me to decide. I agree with the idea of trying center wall for your subwoofer, with one in front and one in back. There may be other arrangements that will work better, but that would be my starting point. But, I have also been looking at the height of your center channel and wanting to comment on it.

I'm sure that you have the CC angled-up slightly toward your listening height, but if you could raise it to just below the viewing height of your screen, I think it would improve both your overall sound quality and the dialogue clarity. Most tweeters have very poor vertical dispersion characteristics, and the higher frequencies can be very important for imaging for some instruments, and for hard to hear dialogue.

Regards,
Mike
Ha! Never debate Mike...Fire away. Your input is always of tremendous value & greatly appreciated. I'm thinking if I center the sub maybe trying to use it as the stand for the Center channel as Tony mentioned. That would add about 10" of height to it. I'm hoping that would still leave it at an ok height relative to the screen. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks Much
darthray and mthomas47 like this.
post #38323 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1988 Post(s)
Liked: 973
@enricoclaudio - question for you. A friend of mine was over my house today. He has a couple of FV15HPs. He told me he tested with a magnetometer to see how much of a magnetic field is created around the subwoofer or in the room it resides. He said within a foot of it, even in standby, the magnetometer was pinned at max. Not sure exactly what that means or what the measurement units even are. Question is more so if you know if there’s any potential danger in the magnetic field the subs create within close proximity. I ask because I have a couple small children often pulling themselves up on or near the subs. I think it’s more of a danger for things like hard drives and credit cards, if anything at all, but I figured I’d ask.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #38324 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've narrowed my search for sub(s) to dual L12s or SVS SB-2000s, or a single vented option from Rythmik, HSU or PSA. Having never heard a Rythmik sub in person, I'm basing my interest in them entirely from this message board and other online sources.

Attached is the current layout of my space. With some open areas and a shared wall in my townhouse, I hesitate to go too big or dig too deep. Will two L12s suffice? I listen to music 60%, movies/TV 40%; Denon x1100; rarely exceed medium listening levels. This will be my first big sub purchase, besides the wimpy sub that came with my Q Acoustics 5.0 speakers. I've already decided ID is the route I want to take, will dual L12s work well in this scenario?? I don't think I'd use the extra features of the F12 and can only fit one vented sub if I go that route. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0D7A17CE-1EC7-49D9-96CC-005FDEA16C75_1557706455244.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2565956  
post #38325 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 3647 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
@enricoclaudio - question for you. A friend of mine was over my house today. He has a couple of FV15HPs. He told me he tested with a magnetometer to see how much of a magnetic field is created around the subwoofer or in the room it resides. He said within a foot of it, even in standby, the magnetometer was pinned at max. Not sure exactly what that means or what the measurement units even are. Question is more so if you know if there’s any potential danger in the magnetic field the subs create within close proximity. I ask because I have a couple small children often pulling themselves up on or near the subs. I think it’s more of a danger for things like hard drives and credit cards, if anything at all, but I figured I’d ask.
Magnetic fields caused by speakers and subwoofers are not dangerous for humans. It could cause issues on CRT monitors but I don't think you have a CRT monitor or CRT TV in your house. Hard drives since mid 2000s are not too sensible to magnetic fields. Credit cards neither as most credit and debit cards now use chips instead of magnetic bands.
darthray and JOSOSA like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #38326 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Magnetic fields caused by speakers and subwoofers are not dangerous for humans. It could cause issues on CRT monitors but I don't think you have a CRT monitor or CRT TV in your house. Hard drives since mid 2000s are not too sensible to magnetic fields. Credit cards neither as most credit and debit cards now use chips instead of magnetic bands.

That’s what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the response.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #38327 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 24233
Quote:
You might want to read the following: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...lds-fact-sheet "What have studies shown about possible associations between non-ionizing EMFs and cancer in children?" It might be wise to get more accurate readings on the field strength. If it were me I'd err on the side of caution and keep your little ones away from the subs or leave the subs off until you check things out. I'm certainly no expert on the subject...

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1.) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Aircom T-8, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38328 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post
You might want to read the following: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...lds-fact-sheet "What have studies shown about possible associations between non-ionizing EMFs and cancer in children?" It might be wise to get more accurate readings on the field strength. If it were me I'd err on the side of caution and keep your little ones away from the subs or leave the subs off until you check things out. I'm certainly no expert on the subject...

The magnets are there whether they’re on or not. But I’ve done some reading today and it seems like a microwave outputs much more potentially harmful EMF than the subwoofer would. Will do more research just to be 100% sure.

post #38329 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 24233
Quote:
The magnets are there whether they’re on or not. But I’ve done some reading today and it seems like a microwave outputs much more potentially harmful EMF than the subwoofer would. Will do more research just to be 100% sure.
Hmmm, I guess I was thinking about when its playing and the field is not static. In any case I wouldn't want to have any regrets over not making sure, that's just a bit of well spent research time, IMO

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1.) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Aircom T-8, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38330 of 39430 Old 05-12-2019, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 2974
Quote:

Big +1

Quote:
For the magnetitic field reading, more likely from the Big Magnet used in quality subs now a day.
In my DIY days, I did built a double 12" subwoofer to be use as a TV stand for CRT monitor.
The only way I could remedy the magnetitic field, was to put a 1/8" sheet of metal between two sheet of plywood.

Not require now a day, due to the change of monitors technologies. That no longer rely on CRT display.
And also like "enricoclaudio" mention, is not dangerous for us and our Pets, even slipping on the subs like my Cats do.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-12-2019 at 07:22 PM.
post #38331 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

Regards,
Mike
Though my room and setup in no way compares to yours, I would second this suggestion. I'm currently using an Emotiva C2 as my center with a pair of Philharmonic BMRs as my F LR (waiting on a Selah center kit designed to match the BMRs to be finished). I've a low and wide (two component wide) rack below my display which is mounted on the wall to be fairly close to eye height just below mid-height of the screen. The top of the rack is about 20" below the bottom of the display. I initially had the C2 sitting on the shelf, angled up. I ordered a desktop riser that fits on the top of the rack and puts the top edge of C2 just below (about 1/2 inch) the bottom of the display. "Night and day" is over used (so I won't use it) but the difference was both immediately noticeable (especially after rerunning Audyssey) and a great improvement over both intelligibility of dialogue as well as integration with the LRs.
mthomas47 and dinamigym like this.

Display: Vizio P55-E1l Pre-pro: Marantz 7703; Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, H/K AVR 520 (direct in to amps); Sources: Sony UBP-X700; X-box 1 S; Technics 1200 Mk II; Win10 PC for digital; Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1; Speakers - LR: Philharmonic BMR LR, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2; Surrounds: Wharfedale Reva-2; Rear Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 220; Atmos: TF - Monoprice Alpha 8; TR - BIC VI-38; Subwoofers: dual Rythmik L22s
post #38332 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 05:41 AM
Rise & Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy56 View Post
Though my room and setup in no way compares to yours, I would second this suggestion. I'm currently using an Emotiva C2 as my center with a pair of Philharmonic BMRs as my F LR (waiting on a Selah center kit designed to match the BMRs to be finished). I've a low and wide (two component wide) rack below my display which is mounted on the wall to be fairly close to eye height just below mid-height of the screen. The top of the rack is about 20" below the bottom of the display. I initially had the C2 sitting on the shelf, angled up. I ordered a desktop riser that fits on the top of the rack and puts the top edge of C2 just below (about 1/2 inch) the bottom of the display. "Night and day" is over used (so I won't use it) but the difference was both immediately noticeable (especially after rerunning Audyssey) and a great improvement over both intelligibility of dialogue as well as integration with the LRs.
Thank you. After you all suggested I looked at it much closer last night when I went down to watch GOT. It definitely currently sits very low so I'm anxious to see what happens when I raise it tonight/tomorrow. I do also wonder why revel chose that height for the stand as it would seem to me that it would sit low in most cases.
post #38333 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1129 View Post
So I had like 2 hrs to play with the fv25hp. I'm at a lost for word of this things shakes my house. The only thing is the blackhole I have in my house seems to suck the frequency. I spend 1 hour moving it inch by inch to multiple places (thank you pads provided by Rythmik) and yet I have awesome sound and then nothing like nothing lol I have no idea maybe my living is cursed or something but I ask if anyone has a idea or something to try I will. Thanks ahead sincerely a noob

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sorry, I'm late to the party here, but yes, I experienced this same thing when I set up my FV18's last fall, so you're definitely not crazy... I started combing through the forums here, reading and experimenting with various calibrations (Audyssey) and manual sub settings and have made considerable progress... I finally made it to the point where I was ready to start learning REW, when I had to tear the theater room apart due to a leak in the wall (apparently I hit a drain pipe with a nail last year while putting in the home theater)... I have someone coming in this week to start patching up the wall, and then i get back to the important stuff, like learning REW and how to fine tune subs.... :-)

Home Theater: RBH Signature Reference Speakers 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos | Rythmik FV-18 Subs (x2)
LG 65" OLED C7 | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7700 & 5000 | OPPO UPD-203 | XBOX One X
Front Room: RBH 61-SE/r | RBH SX-1010/r Sub | Vizio M602i-B3 | Marantz SR7009 | Denon DVD-1930CI
post #38334 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Rise & Grind

And so it begins!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	2566184  
post #38335 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Me too! Got them gain matched now need to run the room correction and start tweaking.

Gonna start with the front corners and see how it measures. This is how the wife wants it so might have to wait until she forgets about them to move them around.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DA9BD7CD-CADA-4156-B8AE-EEAA8E949D63.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	2566196   Click image for larger version

Name:	45BC21EC-FEE1-4741-B06E-457E317CCF7F.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2566198   Click image for larger version

Name:	D7086FDE-A188-46FC-8C4A-6B1140FE0293.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	2566200  

Last edited by jsc79; 05-13-2019 at 11:24 AM.
post #38336 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Rise & Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc79 View Post
Me too! Got them gain matched now need to run the room correction and start tweaking.

Gonna start with the front corners and see how it measures. This is how the wife wants it so might have to wait until she forgets about them to move them around.

Congrats! Looks awesome! Did you use a minidsp to gain match?

Trinnov Altitude 16, Magico A3, Magico ACC, Magico A1s, Dual Rythmik FV25HP
Amps- ATI AT523NC, AT524NC, AT528NC
Kaleidescape Terra Server/Strato, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV4k, XFinity X1
Sony VPL-VW5000, 136" 2.35:1 Stewart Studiotek 100 screen, Lumagen Pro 4242
post #38337 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Congrats! Looks awesome! Did you use a minidsp to gain match?

Mini DSP umik and REW.
dinamigym likes this.
post #38338 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Just need the wife to get rid of those dang mirrors. She won’t budge.
Matt2026 and dinamigym like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 - Center - Ascend Acoustics Horizon w/RAAL - Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG
post #38339 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Isn't level-matching preferred over gain-matching? You want all speakers at 75dB going into calibrations.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #38340 of 39430 Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

I’ve read cases for both. This is a starting point and a learning experience for me.

My reasoning was if I get into a nice house curve or BEQ I don’t one to be working 10x harder or running out of steam before the other one.
Alan P likes this.

Last edited by jsc79; 05-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page