Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1286 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13547Likes

post #38551 of 40432 Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3817 Post(s)
Liked: 4688
G28HP Status Report!!!

OK guys. I need to clarify something. When I said that the G28HP could happen doesn't mean that it's happening or is happening soon, if ever. I said this because I just got an email from a Rythmik Audio customer (overseas) who wanted to pre-order/order a pair of G28HPs. I had to explain him that as of today, the G28HP is not even possible with the current drivers so thinking on getting pre orders when we don't have a prototype is just crazy as we don't work that way. We DO NOT take pre orders or orders until a product is FULLY tested and in production stage. You all know that is the way we do things as we did when we developed the FV18, FV25HP and recently with the G25HP. In fact, we usually send the subwoofer for testing or review before offering it to the public. Nothing is set in stone until you see a REAL photo of a prototype, not a CAD drawing or a rendering. That is all for now. Have you all a great weekend!!

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38552 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Help deciding...again LOL

Hey guys! Thanks for all the great info last time I posted - I'm about 90% certain I'll make the switch over to Rythmik. After bugging several members on here (and Enrico) I had decided on the G25HP. I am primarily a movie watcher, but We are getting a turntable soon and I do stream from Spotify, so this system will still be used for music.

However, my room isn't ideal. I have 2,200 (approx). cubit foot room, with connecting neighbors in a duplex. When I play my PB-4000, even at moderate levels, they can feel it. So, its just not a house I can really blow the doors off in. I have wood floors w/ a crawl space underneath. I have always leaned towards sealed subs before I got the SVS, but decided to try ported for my movie watching. But now, it all just sounds a bit bloated to me, and obviously not as defined.

I was going to order a G25 next week, as I'm pretty sure they'll sound pretty amazing w/ movies. But tonight, I Have been reading alot about the FV18. It seems like another great fit, and I've been told that Rythmik ported will for sure sound better than what I have. I just want the bass notes to sound a little bit cleaner/tighter, and not as boomy. I have realized that output is NOT my main priority now - I never listen to the PB-4000 above -20 on gain setting or the Marantz master volume. I really care about overall SQ. So....after this long winded post - my question is: which do you guys think is a better fit? G25HP or FV18? I love the idea of the dual opposed in the G25, and many people have said its the best sub they've ever heard. But, every person talk w/ re: Rythmik always says ported first for me. Hope all this rambling makes sense, I'm an excited new customer (soon)
post #38553 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos4Lyfe View Post
Hey guys! Thanks for all the great info last time I posted - I'm about 90% certain I'll make the switch over to Rythmik. After bugging several members on here (and Enrico) I had decided on the G25HP. I am primarily a movie watcher, but We are getting a turntable soon and I do stream from Spotify, so this system will still be used for music.

However, my room isn't ideal. I have 2,200 (approx). cubit foot room, with connecting neighbors in a duplex. When I play my PB-4000, even at moderate levels, they can feel it. So, its just not a house I can really blow the doors off in. I have wood floors w/ a crawl space underneath. I have always leaned towards sealed subs before I got the SVS, but decided to try ported for my movie watching. But now, it all just sounds a bit bloated to me, and obviously not as defined.

I was going to order a G25 next week, as I'm pretty sure they'll sound pretty amazing w/ movies. But tonight, I Have been reading alot about the FV18. It seems like another great fit, and I've been told that Rythmik ported will for sure sound better than what I have. I just want the bass notes to sound a little bit cleaner/tighter, and not as boomy. I have realized that output is NOT my main priority now - I never listen to the PB-4000 above -20 on gain setting or the Marantz master volume. I really care about overall SQ. So....after this long winded post - my question is: which do you guys think is a better fit? G25HP or FV18? I love the idea of the dual opposed in the G25, and many people have said its the best sub they've ever heard. But, every person talk w/ re: Rythmik always says ported first for me. Hope all this rambling makes sense, I'm an excited new customer (soon)
First of all, either sub is going to be a problem with the neighbors, the ported ones more so. Rythmiks are tuned really low. However, you could engage the Rumble Filter to cut frequencies below 20Hz, though you lose some of the advantage. You could also adjust the level of extension using the control on the amp.

I say if primarily movies, ported gets the nod, but if neighbors are a real concern, sealed is likely a better fit. Either will sound much more detailed than the SVS.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38554 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
First of all, either sub is going to be a problem with the neighbors, the ported ones more so. Rythmiks are tuned really low. However, you could engage the Rumble Filter to cut frequencies below 20Hz, though you lose some of the advantage. You could also adjust the level of extension using the control on the amp.

I say if primarily movies, ported gets the nod, but if neighbors are a real concern, sealed is likely a better fit. Either will sound much more detailed than the SVS.
thanks for the quick reply - yeah, i'm primarily doing movies still...but slightly concerned about the neighbors a bit. i know they'll still feel it, but i just imagine that no matter what i do, its gonna sound better than the svs. my gut has been the g25 all along, so maybe i should stick w/ it. maybe its because im impatient too, since theyre sold out for 3-4 weeks LOL
post #38555 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 1846
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
fv28 confirmed??? please send order link?

sacrificing cabinet size results in a higher than desired tuning frequency if the goal is to create a large, low tuned enclosure though. (2) 18" drivers need a much larger enclosure than the current cabinet size of the fv25 to keep the same ~12hz tuning frequency.

just look at the current PSA v3611. that cabinet is woefully undersized for a pair of vented 18's (similar to the fv25) which results in too high a tuning frequency and increased port noise. at least that wrong has been corrected given the new TV36 (can't wait to see reviews start coming in for that).

I should have my two psa tv36 iPals within 10 to 12 days. I already have an outline of some movies and music I want to listen to and will try to get a nice review done within the first week or so of having the subs. It just happens that I have all summer off so I can do some serious listening with no worries of the neighbors :-) In addition, I’m having a get together on June 15 so several other people can chime in who have much better ears and experience than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan P likes this.
post #38556 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
So....after this long winded post - my question is: which do you guys think is a better fit? G25HP or FV18? I love the idea of the dual opposed in the G25, and many people have said its the best sub they've ever heard. But, every person talk w/ re: Rythmik always says ported first for me. Hope all this rambling makes sense, I'm an excited new customer (soon)
. Given your constraints the fv18 would be wasted. You’d even be paying a premium for performance with the g25 that would be unused. A pair of l12s would likely be enough.
That said the g25 is a great sub so if it’s what you want go for it. You’ll enjoy it.
post #38557 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
thanks for the quick reply - yeah, i'm primarily doing movies still...but slightly concerned about the neighbors a bit. i know they'll still feel it, but i just imagine that no matter what i do, its gonna sound better than the svs. my gut has been the g25 all along, so maybe i should stick w/ it. maybe its because im impatient too, since theyre sold out for 3-4 weeks LOL
If your in a duplex the FV18 will most definitely bother your neighbors. Lol

I was demoing some stuff for a buddy yesterday and the neighbors next to me(about 20yds between our homes) texted me and said she could hear/feel it inside their house. She though her son was playing xbox on their system in the next room over.

A couple weeks back the neighbors on the other side of the cul de sac about 50yds it more said they can hear it in their house. They actually told me they heard my bass over the movie they were watching in their small home theater in a box type system.

My neighbors are all my age and cool so nobody cares. They are into audio but not quite like us AVS crowd.

So I guess what I’m saying is , yes, get the FV18’s, duals.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 - Center - Horizon w/RAAL Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR. Vinyl:Rega Planar 3
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG
post #38558 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post
. Given your constraints the fv18 would be wasted. You’d even be paying a premium for performance with the g25 that would be unused. A pair of l12s would likely be enough.
That said the g25 is a great sub so if it’s what you want go for it. You’ll enjoy it.
I wouldn't go quite that far...but I would recommend 2xF15HP over 1xG25HP. You will get better bass in your room for only $30 more.

Model Cost SPL at 20Hz
F15HPx2 $2330 107.1
G25HP $2300 107.6

Table code is buggy...can't get the size of line 1 to increase

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 05-18-2019 at 11:36 AM.
post #38559 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I wouldn't go quite that far...but I would recommend 2xF15HP over 1xG25HP. You will get better bass in your room for only $30 more.

Model Cost SPL at 20Hz

F15HPx2
G25HP

I do agree duals over a single. It just seems like if 1 PB4000 at moderate volumes is too loud, then you might not have to spend that much.

Using data-bass F18 output #s and Rythmik's 20hz comparison chart, I figured a pair of L12's could hit close to 105db at 20hz with a bit of room gain, that would support peak output at ~85db overall volume levels. Do you want more than that in this situation? I don't know.
post #38560 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2244 Post(s)
Liked: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
OK guys. I need to clarify something. When I said that the G28HP could happen doesn't mean that it's happening or is happening soon, if ever. I said this because I just got an email from a Rythmik Audio customer (overseas) who wanted to pre-order/order a pair of G28HPs. I had to explain him that as of today, the G28HP is not even possible with the current drivers so thinking on getting pre orders when we don't have a prototype is just crazy as we don't work that way. We DO NOT take pre orders or orders until a product is FULLY tested and in production stage. You all know that is the way we do things as we did when we developed the FV18, FV25HP and recently with the G25HP. In fact, we usually send the subwoofer for testing or review before offering it to the public. Nothing is set in stone until you see a REAL photo of a prototype, not a CAD drawing or a rendering. That is all for now. Have you all a great weekend!!
And a very good business model and philosophy.
Why sell something that could be flaw, and damage your reputation.

Darth
Matt2026, JOSOSA and tuner1129 like this.
post #38561 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just want to ask the Rythmik community of there thought on this.

While most seem prefer the new paper cone with foam surround, over the metal cone with rubber surround.
I am leaning toward the metal cone, due to those reason for two FV18;
-Not really a fan a foam surround
-While my present Cats never bother any of my speakers/subs, without a grill.

I can see soon getting a new Kitten. And why take the chance with this new member to the family, will be like present ones and the one that past away.
And just ignore the speakers and subs, since a paper cone would be also easier to damage, that all my present ones (speakers and subs).

I should also tell about my listening habit, normally listening at -10/13dB below calibration reference level.
With only a +2dB boost for the bass, on my AVP, with all speakers set at 80Hz. And therefore I do not play at extreme level.

All your comments are welcome, and look forward to your thought on this one.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.
post #38562 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3269 Post(s)
Liked: 3350
I prefer metal, and back when I got mine Brian suggested metal for the most critical listening. Paper may provide a bit more output, metal a hair lower distortion and higher break-up frequency, but there are many variables in cone construction. IMO cone material is probably the last thing to consider when buying.

Now back to "output rules all"...

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #38563 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I do agree duals over a single. It just seems like if 1 PB4000 at moderate volumes is too loud, then you might not have to spend that much.

Using data-bass F18 output #s and Rythmik's 20hz comparison chart, I figured a pair of L12's could hit close to 105db at 20hz with a bit of room gain, that would support peak output at ~85db overall volume levels. Do you want more than that in this situation? I don't know.
I haven't calibrated the 4000, so I think its just a combo of not enjoying the overall SQ, combined w/ bothering the neighbors. I think I'll stick w/ G25...maybe dual F18s (not thinking about ported anymore)
post #38564 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:

Model Cost SPL at 20Hz
F15HPx2 $2330 107.1
G25HP $2300 107.6

Thanks for info - going to go w/ either a G25, or F18 and add a second one later
post #38565 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 25718
Quote:

You might try either isolation type feet on the sub or a pad. That might reduce the amount of energy sent to your neighbors via the floor vibrations... Just a thought from a non-expert
darthray likes this.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
7.1.2) Denon 4520CI; Aircom T-8, Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38566 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post
You might try either isolation type feet on the sub or a pad. That might reduce the amount of energy sent to your neighbors via the floor vibrations... Just a thought from a non-expert
I'm already using their isolation system....still carries. I think its the floor, with having that crawl space. I was thinking about maybe bass dude or whatever it is as well. Or...just going sealed for sure haha
Matt2026 likes this.
post #38567 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post

While a good suggestion, since they do remove unwanted vibrations.
They do not stop lower frequencies, to travel through the walls, ceiling and floor.
Only playing at modest volume can help, for that. Unfortunately, the nature of the beast when it come to sub/s.

Darth
Matt2026 likes this.
post #38568 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I prefer metal, and back when I got mine Brian suggested metal for the most critical listening. Paper may provide a bit more output, metal a hair lower distortion and higher break-up frequency, but there are many variables in cone construction. IMO cone material is probably the last thing to consider when buying.

Now back to "output rules all"...
Thank for your input

While I was aware the paper cone offer more output, I was not aware of a slightly lower distortion level with the metal one.
I also agree, the cone construction should not be really consider when buying a sub. Other than in my case getting a new kitten that would not act as my 3 previous Cats.
I am also concern about the foam surround use with the paper cone. Due in the past, after many years. They start to have foam ruts, and do not want to deal with that in my late 60 or early 70.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-18-2019 at 06:44 PM.
post #38569 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I haven't calibrated the 4000, so I think its just a combo of not enjoying the overall SQ, combined w/ bothering the neighbors. I think I'll stick w/ G25...maybe dual F18s (not thinking about ported anymore)
While I will buy two FV18 eventually, to replace my dual PB13.

I think you should first do a calibration, to see how it sound to you.
For bothering your neighbors, not much can stop bass frequencies to travel through walls/ceiling and floor.
Therefore you will always have that problem, other than playing at higher frequencies and lower volume.
That said, even bass frequencies do travel. Just to lesser extend than the lower ones.
Just the nature of the beast, when it come to sub/s. Same as the sub/s try to fill all open spaces, not just your listening area.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.
post #38570 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The materials of walls and floors resonate at certain frequencies. If you could implement a sharp notch filter in a MiniDSP, you could at least keep those from transmitting. You could also try LFC (Low Frequency Containment) in an Audyssey XT32 AVR. If all else fails, the Rumble Filter can help.

post #38571 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 3589 Post(s)
Liked: 2022
suspend the subs in air like a plant
JOSOSA likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #38572 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
While I will buy two FV18 eventually, to replace my dual PB13.

I think you should first do a calibration, to see how it sound to you.
For bothering your neighbors, not much can stop bass frequencies to travel through walls/ceiling and floor.
Therefore you will always have that problem, other than playing at higher frequencies and lower volume.
That said, even bass frequencies do travel. Just to lesser extend than the lower ones.
Just the nature of the beast, when it come to sub/s. Same as the sub/s try to fill all open spaces, not just your listening area.

Darth
I have just been told that the Rythmik is going to sound significantly better...so I figure, if I don't have to come out of pocket much after selling other subs, why not improve quality?
post #38573 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'm already using their isolation system....still carries. I think its the floor, with having that crawl space. I was thinking about maybe bass dude or whatever it is as well. Or...just going sealed for sure haha

Sounds like a plan. Sealed's the way to go for sure. For anyone who's interested, the link below shows a somewhat interesting set of experiments testing sound transmission through walls. Figures 8&9 graph the volume loss by frequency. Unsurprisingly 20-30 hz material passed though the easiest, which is where ported tends to have it's output advantage over sealed. It pretty much supports what's generally considered common knowledge; of course this is just one set of tests under specific conditions.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...22460X17301207
Madmax67 likes this.
post #38574 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. Sealed's the way to go for sure. For anyone who's interested, the link below shows a somewhat interesting set of experiments testing sound transmission through walls. Figures 8&9 graph the volume loss by frequency. Unsurprisingly 20-30 hz material passed though the easiest, which is where ported tends to have it's output advantage over sealed. It pretty much supports what's generally considered common knowledge; of course this is just one set of tests under specific conditions.

Yeah, a few people have told me the G25 is without doubt the best sub they've heard. There was a few for sale locally, but I missed them. Rythmik is back ordered a few weeks, so hopefully that will give me time to sell my SVS. Regardless of neighbors, I think a G25 will just sound much better than what I've come accustomed too. Plus, the added addition of a turntable will mean more music than usual. And the wifey loves the bass, but not when its uncontrollably shaking everything. I guess sealed is the way for me haha
post #38575 of 40432 Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:

No need to bring science into this. I have had so many subs over the last 2 years. The only 2 that got me in real trouble were a PB16 ultra and the dual FV25HP's. I am absolutely cranking the F18's right now and no one even notices. I do kind of like to keep the sound in room. A G28HP could be the most perfect sub on paper ever devised. I bet that would sound unreal. I would buy them! Lol

Greg

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: Martin Logan Expressions - Martin Logan ESL-C - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - McIntosh MP100 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
post #38576 of 40432 Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
No need to bring science into this. I have had so many subs over the last 2 years. The only 2 that got me in real trouble were a PB16 ultra and the dual FV25HP's. I am absolutely cranking the F18's right now and no one even notices. I do kind of like to keep the sound in room. A G28HP could be the most perfect sub on paper ever devised. I bet that would sound unreal. I would buy them! Lol

Greg
Yes you are the poster child for this topic! The difference between ported and sealed seems to go beyond tested output numbers. I've had my current sub setup for about 7 years and said I was done upgrading, but all the new products and stories about them has gotten me thinking again. The real kicker is that I had been off the forum for awhile and the reason I came back was that I'm looking into a new TV, but this audio stuff keep dragging me back in.....
muscles and Matt2026 like this.
post #38577 of 40432 Old 05-19-2019, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I've made a floating concrete slab on rockwool in all my apartment. It works

My neighbors only complain about some explosions since I got the FV25HP... but not yet localized from where ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4542.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	2568588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4556.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	2568590  

B&W 802 D3 Classe CTM600 ANTHEM AVM60 Rythmik FV25HP
post #38578 of 40432 Old 05-19-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSOSA View Post
I've made a floating concrete slab on rockwool in all my apartment. It works [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

My neighbors only complain about some explosions since I got the FV25HP... but not yet localized from where ...
Um, "apartment"??

post #38579 of 40432 Old 05-19-2019, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post

Greg
I had too many subs too (ask my wife, for her this quest is a psychiatric disease) but I think FOR MY ROOM, ported was the way to go. I was missing something for sure with sealed in my open space. Not only for movies but for music as well. I'm now in heaven with my Rythmik sub.

For Anthem ARC, my settings are No Room EQ below 30 Hz, High frequency extension 120 Hz (no more, "At about 160Hz there is a hump followed by a notch in the frequency response that indicates the vent pipe resonance for the FV25HP. Due to this the FV25HP should not be operated much above 120Hz with a steep low pass filter for best sound quality" data-bass.com).

And a very precise distance setting (1 foot difference can ruin phase alignment at the crossover). I found 1 foot more than the real position of the sub.

Muscle, your initial choice for FV25HP reinforced my choice and I couldn't thank you enough

I couldn't imagine to write that one day but ported was the way to go...
darthray and muscles like this.

B&W 802 D3 Classe CTM600 ANTHEM AVM60 Rythmik FV25HP
post #38580 of 40432 Old 05-19-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSOSA View Post
For Anthem ARC, my settings are No Room EQ below 30 Hz, [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Interesting - can you explain why? EQ is the only way to correct problems below 30 Hertz, as you cannot use passive methods like absorption there. Plus, generally you want a rising response to the bottom to compensate for human hearing. Normally I'd ensure that with EQ.
Alan P likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page