Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1296 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12805Likes

post #38851 of 39789 Old 06-01-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 3068
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
What made you change your mind from paper cone to aluminum drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1129 View Post
I think it was my purple-ish driver that made him realize is the way to go lol jk

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LOL
Far from that, and still undecided between the black driver or the silver one.
That said, good try

Darth
tuner1129 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38852 of 39789 Old 06-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
LOL
Far from that, and still undecided between the black driver or the silver one.
That said, good try

Darth
it would be funny if it was though! I've never heard a paper come subwoofer sadly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #38853 of 39789 Old 06-01-2019, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
While I know the paper driver, can play louder.
I do not intend to play near reference level, and will be getting two FV18 for my medium room.
I do not think, I have a need for it.
Also, I much prefer a rubber surround over a foam one.
That all

Darth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianatlas View Post
That's one of the main reasons I went with the FVX15 over the HSU VTF-3 MK5. Not that I think it's bad subwoofer, or that I think it won't last a long time due to newer materials, but it's something that makes me feel more secure about long term ownership, on a personal level.
+1

While, I was not aware of HSU VTF-3 MK5 was also using a foam surround. And got to take your word for it, since I cannot find this information on the HSU web site.
Thanks for this info, for personal knowledge.

Darth
tuner1129 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38854 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
OK, as I've said on here before, I'm in a sort-of temporary holding pattern until my wife and I find a another house. But for now we're in a very small house and I just ordered the E15HP2 that should be here this week. I was just going to hook it up to the Zvox soundbar I have below my TV in the living room. (Yes a soundbar, keep in mind this is just a temporary house we bought because of job relocation, and audio will all be majorly upgraded once I move into a house with a sizable family room) Now I'm starting to think the soundbar is going to sound crappy for music and be overwhelmed/outclassed by the Rythmik, but I have no room for an amp or speakers bigger than bookshelf. Does anyone here have any experience with the wireless SVS wireless Prime speaker setup?? Any opinions on how this will pair up with the Rythmik I have coming? The SVS's say they default to an 80hz high-pass when a subwoofer is detected (not a variable crossover). Would I be able to pair these up with the Rythmik pretty well?? The SVS are 50 watts of class D power per driver (200 watt total) so I'm thinking they'll keep up fairly well and be about my best option for this temporary situation I'm in. Once we buy a house I'll incorporate this system into something else or run it in our bedroom.

Thanks
post #38855 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJRT View Post
OK, as I've said on here before, I'm in a sort-of temporary holding pattern until my wife and I find a another house. But for now we're in a very small house and I just ordered the E15HP2 that should be here this week. I was just going to hook it up to the Zvox soundbar I have below my TV in the living room. (Yes a soundbar, keep in mind this is just a temporary house we bought because of job relocation, and audio will all be majorly upgraded once I move into a house with a sizable family room) Now I'm starting to think the soundbar is going to sound crappy for music and be overwhelmed/outclassed by the Rythmik, but I have no room for an amp or speakers bigger than bookshelf. Does anyone here have any experience with the wireless SVS wireless Prime speaker setup?? Any opinions on how this will pair up with the Rythmik I have coming? The SVS's say they default to an 80hz high-pass when a subwoofer is detected (not a variable crossover). Would I be able to pair these up with the Rythmik pretty well?? The SVS are 50 watts of class D power per driver (200 watt total) so I'm thinking they'll keep up fairly well and be about my best option for this temporary situation I'm in. Once we buy a house I'll incorporate this system into something else or run it in our bedroom.

Thanks
Based on my quick read through of the description and customer reviews, here's what I got. In a smaller living room bedroom/office the volume level will be great. Obviously they aren't going to have the power to fill a larger room up at high volumes.

You may want to read through the customer reviews and maybe even contact SVS about compatible devices. Some users only complaints were compatibility with newer MacBooks. I saw some issues with controlling the volume using a universal or DVR remote.

If you plan to use them elsewhere once you're settled into a new place, and don't mind the initial investment, I think you'll be very happy x2.

SVS makes excellent products, and has amazing customer service (from what I've read). If I can't go with in-ceiling speakers, I plan to get (4) Prime Elevation eventually when I finally implement Atmos.
Matt2026 and BadJRT like this.

MRX1120, Panamax 5300-PM, AC Infinity Aircom T9
R700, R200C, Q100, Rythmik E15HP2, Velodyne SPL-1200 II (eventually 2nd E15HP2)
Apple TV 4K, StreamSmart Pro, Xbox One, Xbox 360, AC Infinity S2 & S7
Vizio E50-C1 (eventually Sony OLED)
post #38856 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1463
Quote:
Originally Posted by pn56Matt View Post
If I can't go with in-ceiling speakers, I plan to get (4) Prime Elevation eventually when I finally implement Atmos.
I also looked at those and did research on several others. Compare them to speakers like the RSL Outsider II, which will be more flexible in their mounting, have a non-centered tweeter which improves dispersion when mounted horizontally and angled at your seats, features a 6 1/2" woofer for lower extension and greater power handling, and are cheaper. And if you want to get white to match your ceiling, that doesn't cost extra. With that said, I have not listened to them, but they are on my short list.
pn56Matt likes this.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 06-02-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #38857 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Based on my quick read through of the description and customer reviews, here's what I got. In a smaller living room bedroom/office the volume level will be great. Obviously they aren't going to have the power to fill a larger room up at high volumes.

You may want to read through the customer reviews and maybe even contact SVS about compatible devices. Some users only complaints were compatibility with newer MacBooks. I saw some issues with controlling the volume using a universal or DVR remote.

If you plan to use them elsewhere once you're settled into a new place, and don't mind the initial investment, I think you'll be very happy x2.

SVS makes excellent products, and has amazing customer service (from what I've read). If I can't go with in-ceiling speakers, I plan to get (4) Prime Elevation eventually when I finally implement Atmos.
Thanks for the input. They seem a little undersized the more I think about it. If they had used the driver from Prime bookshelves I would be much more likely to give them a shot, even if they had cost a little more due to a bigger driver. I started searching other powered bookshelves and found some nice one's but then it becomes a factor of no crossover and having to run the bookshelves full range which I don't wanna do. So then I looked at small amps and passive bookshelves and there again, I can't find a small class D bluetooth amp with a built in crossover. SVS dropped the ball with that 4.5 inch woofer as far as I'm concerned. I could be wrong and maybe they're better than I think?? The built in crossover is a great idea that I wish other manufactures such as Audioengine did. I'll have to see if I can come up with something else. I guess I could try those SVS and just send them back if they don't impress me.
post #38858 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

SVS do have great Customer Service, from personal experience. So is PSA and Rythmik from been an avid member around this forum
Quoted you about the Elevation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I also looked at those and did research on several others. Compare them to speakers like the RSL Outsider II, which will be more flexible in their mounting, have a non-centered tweeter which improves dispersion when mounted horizontally and angled at your seats, features a 6 1/2" woofer for lower extension and greater power handling, and are cheaper. And if you want to get white to match your ceiling, that doesn't cost extra. With that said, I have not listened to them, but they are on my short list.
If you guys, decide to use the SVS Elevation speakers for ceiling duty.
You might find some useful info, on my Theater thread;
The Chimaera theater
Page 3, posts 64 and 65 have some pictures. Post 81 as lots of info on the install.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 06-02-2019 at 03:58 PM.
post #38859 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 24806
Quote:
I figured the SVS Elevations were a natural for my setup, since the 7 speaker bed is SVS Ultras I have two Elevation primes I need to get mounted in place of some ancient Polks. If/when I can upgrade my 4520CI to a X8500H then I'll add another pair of Elevations for RHs.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1.) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Aircom T-8, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #38860 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post
I figured the SVS Elevations were a natural for my setup, since the 7 speaker bed is SVS Ultras I have two Elevation primes I need to get mounted in place of some ancient Polks. If/when I can upgrade my 4520CI to a X8500H then I'll add another pair of Elevations for RHs.
While I got different speakers for my main 7;
https://www.aperionaudio.com/collections/verus-speakers
Two towers, center and 4 bookshelf's (series I).
Using the Elevation for ceiling duty, having a different sound signature than my aperion. And so is your Ultras compare to the Prime.
The Elevation do a great job, for Atmos ceiling duty and do not regret my decision of getting 4 of them.

Darth
Matt2026 likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 06-02-2019 at 05:21 PM.
post #38861 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I have 4 Prime Elevations on my ceiling in white as TOPS. They blend in so well, that guests don't even notice them up there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_225451358_iOS.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	2575136   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_225523952_iOS.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	708.6 KB
ID:	2575144   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_134925.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	853.8 KB
ID:	2575146  
darthray, Matt2026 and pn56Matt like this.

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A1E | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
post #38862 of 39789 Old 06-02-2019, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Prices on some Rythmik subs just went up, and some multi-sub discounts were reduced.

Some of the results: FV15HP pair increased $82, FVX15 pair increased $100, FV18 pair increased $100, G25HP pair increased $100, F18 pair increased $120.

Also getting a bump were the LV12F and L22 by about $30. F8 increased $80. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, the F12G increased $18.

On a more cheery note, the multi-sub discount on the F25 was boosted. F25 pair decreased $120.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 06-02-2019 at 11:41 PM.
post #38863 of 39789 Old 06-03-2019, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The FVX15's aren't in their final room yet, due to construction taking far longer than was initially expected, but I did get tired of things and decided to move all but one of the subwoofers into a small bedroom. So, these last couple of days, I've been learning how to calibrate things with REW and the little YPAO mic that came with my receiver (It's not ideal, but better than nothing for now.), and have a somewhat decent response, not counting a huge dip at 74Hz, and a stubborn bump at 42Hz. This is my first try at subwoofer calibration, I don't have all the right tools, and this isn't the final room the system will be in, so I can cut myself some slack for now.

But what I really mean to say, is this: I was listening to one of my favorite albums last night, and heard something new. Right after the 3:50 mark on the "Bits and Pieces" track from the Halo 3: ODST Soundtrack, is some low frequency content that I've never heard, or felt, before. The bass was very authoritative, but not overwhelming or bloated. Thanks to Rythmik, I now know what people mean when they say something along the lines of "It's like listening to my favorite music for the first time again." I've got the dumbest smile on my face right now, and I'm not even done calibrating things yet.

drh3b likes this.

Last edited by Canadianatlas; 06-04-2019 at 01:33 PM.
post #38864 of 39789 Old 06-03-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ If you're looking for more video game/movie soundtrack material to test out your system, I suggest:

Mass Effect: Andromeda
M83 - Oblivion OST

Tons of bass between those two.

I am also now testing out the Edge of Tomorrow OST and will report if it's worthy
Canadianatlas likes this.

post #38865 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Smile Best subwoofer option

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a subwoofer from Rythmik, but not really sure of which option is the best for me. I'm not too versed in the subwoofer/audio world so apologies if some of my questions are silly or redundant. My usage for my HT is around 40% HT, 35% videogames, 25% Music. I listen usually between -35 to -15 db to reference depending on the source and time. For music I listen to Rock, Hip-hop, classical and electronic music. Room dimensions are 18'Wx14'Lx8'H totalling ~2016 ft3, it's a living room with carpet and all windows have plastic blinds. I like to hear smooth bass and feel it, but definitely not looking to shake the whole house.

My current setup is as follows:
Receiver Yamaha RX-A780
Front (L/R): Chane 5.4 speakers
Center: Chane 2.4
Surround: Chane 2.4

I'm interested in 3 subwoofers offered by them (Can't run duals due to WAF), L12 (It's the cheapest option and is significant better than no sub), or the E15/F15( Not sure what is the main difference between the 2 other than size). I can't go any bigger than the F15 dimensions due to WAF. Would there be a significant improvement and benefit of spending twice for a 15" vs the L12 or ~300 more than the F12?

I have attached my poor try to represent the layout and possible Subwoofer positions.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	layout.png
Views:	29
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2575828  
rjmcinnis likes this.
post #38866 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Definitely recommend the F15. I think it's the perfect choice for your use.

E15 was a response to the demand for a slimmer F15, with slightly lower output as a result. No other differences.

post #38867 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 2564 Post(s)
Liked: 2258
Why not include the L22?
post #38868 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:

E15 was a response to the demand for a slimmer F15, with slightly lower output as a result. No other differences.
So is the increase in price worth it over the F12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Why not the L22?
The L22 has a big 0% WAF due to the height. Unless I can place it sideways, maybe?

Thanks!
post #38869 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

L22 could be placed sideways, but it's going to take up some space. That's one advantage of the vertical alignment.

I recommend the F-series due to its lower extension, which would be nice for movies and some games.

The jump from F12 to F15 all depends on your situation. I think F12s on the used market would be great, but if you are buying new, and only buying one, I'd recommend F15.

post #38870 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerendi View Post
Hi,

My usage for my HT is around 40% HT, 35% videogames, 25% Music. I listen usually between -35 to -15 db to reference depending on the source and time. For music I listen to Rock, Hip-hop, classical and electronic music. Room dimensions are 18'Wx14'Lx8'H totalling ~2016 ft3, it's a living room with carpet and all windows have plastic blinds. I like to hear smooth bass and feel it, but definitely not looking to shake the whole house.

I'm interested in 3 subwoofers offered by them (Can't run duals due to WAF), L12 (It's the cheapest option and is significant better than no sub), or the E15/F15( Not sure what is the main difference between the 2 other than size). I can't go any bigger than the F15 dimensions due to WAF. Would there be a significant improvement and benefit of spending twice for a 15" vs the L12 or ~300 more than the F12?

Of the three you mentioned, I too agree the F15 would be best. However, if you don't mind a ported model, either a 12" or 15" driver, I think you might get some more tactile feel to the bass, which it sounds like you are interested in. I think I understand why you picked the three subs that you did, since they are smaller boxes overall though. In that case the F15 would do just great.
post #38871 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
L22 could be placed sideways, but it's going to take up some space. That's one advantage of the vertical alignment.

I recommend the F-series due to its lower extension, which would be nice for movies and some games.

The jump from F12 to F15 all depends on your situation. I think F12s on the used market would be great, but if you are buying new, and only buying one, I'd recommend F15.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any F12s on the used market where I live (Seattle), and if the L22 can be placed sideways without impacting its performance, I can talk to the wife and see if she agrees, she just hates tall speakers (it was a miracle she agreed to the Chane's A5.4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger23 View Post
Of the three you mentioned, I too agree the F15 would be best. However, if you don't mind a ported model, either a 12" or 15" driver, I think you might get some more tactile feel to the bass, which it sounds like you are interested in. I think I understand why you picked the three subs that you did, since they are smaller boxes overall though. In that case the F15 would do just great.
Wife would like me to stay below 22" of height, probably a silly question would be if a Ported sub can be placed sideways, if so which ones would you recommend? I'm trying to stay below 1300.

Thanks for all the feedback
post #38872 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If you guys, decide to use the SVS Elevation speakers for ceiling duty.
You might find some useful info, on my Theater thread;
The Chimaera theater
Page 3, posts 64 and 65 have some pictures. Post 81 as lots of info on the install.

I wish I had a room to do that with. We only have the living room, and it would look way too out of place. I like the flexibility of mounting them wherever necessary for the best possible imaging from above. #jealous
Geronimo.USMC likes this.

MRX1120, Panamax 5300-PM, AC Infinity Aircom T9
R700, R200C, Q100, Rythmik E15HP2, Velodyne SPL-1200 II (eventually 2nd E15HP2)
Apple TV 4K, StreamSmart Pro, Xbox One, Xbox 360, AC Infinity S2 & S7
Vizio E50-C1 (eventually Sony OLED)
post #38873 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately I haven't seen any F12s on the used market where I live (Seattle), and if the L22 can be placed sideways without impacting its performance, I can talk to the wife and see if she agrees, she just hates tall speakers (it was a miracle she agreed to the Chane's A5.4).

Quote:
Wife would like me to stay below 22" of height, probably a silly question would be if a Ported sub can be placed sideways, if so which ones would you recommend? I'm trying to stay below 1300.

Thanks for all the feedback [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Any of the ported subs would be under 22 inches tall if you lay them sideways. The FVX15 would be an option in your budget, if you wanted to try your luck with that. The LVX12 is under 22 inches without needing to do that though. Ported will be nice because games and movies, would be the majority of your use and ported sub will likely give you a bit more tactile feel. It also gives you more output and extension for a lower cost, excluding the output really low in a sealed sub from a small sealed room, due to more gradual roll off.
post #38874 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 3279
Quote:
I'm interested in 3 subwoofers offered by them (Can't run duals due to WAF), L12 (It's the cheapest option and is significant better than no sub), or the E15/F15( Not sure what is the main difference between the 2 other than size).
The E/F15 are all but identical so it's a pick-em between those two. Personally, I don't understand the F15. To me it seems that model could be retired, at least in its current form.

[rant mode on]

The E and F are all but identical in size, extension, output and price so no clear winner for any of that. They use the same driver and amp as well, so there's no difference there either. To further confuse things there is an E15HP2 which uses the same driver as the other two but a more powerful amp. That model has more capability than the F15, which is supposed to be the 'big brother' to the E15. To me it seems the 1000 watt amp should be in the F15, making it so there is a clear difference between the E and F. The E15HP2 becomes superfluous then and could be retired instead. There may be a reason for why things are the way they are now, but to me it seems needlessly confusing. That's just my 02 though.

[rant mode off]

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #38875 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:

I think the E15HP2 has similar output to the F15, even though it's in the slimmer box, same as the E15. Although I'm not sure of exact output numbers.
post #38876 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
The E/F15 are all but identical so it's a pick-em between those two. Personally, I don't understand the F15. To me it seems that model could be retired, at least in its current form.

[rant mode on]

The E and F are all but identical in size, extension, output and price so no clear winner for any of that. They use the same driver and amp as well, so there's no difference there either. To further confuse things there is an E15HP2 which uses the same driver as the other two but a more powerful amp. That model has more capability than the F15, which is supposed to be the 'big brother' to the E15. To me it seems the 1000 watt amp should be in the F15, making it so there is a clear difference between the E and F. The E15HP2 becomes superfluous then and could be retired instead. There may be a reason for why things are the way they are now, but to me it seems needlessly confusing. That's just my 02 though.

[rant mode off]

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
The E's are supposed to be the WAF friendlier version. I think they put the 1000 watt hpex in the E and not the F because it was an attempt to give someone who's worried about size of box a way to slightly boost output to that of the bigger box if they're willing to pay the extra price for it. I have an E15HP2 on the way to me as I write this. It'll be my first Rythmik and it'll be here Thurs according to UPS tracking. I'm excited to say the least. PS, the the E15HP2 has a 2ohm driver vs. the rest of the 15's having a 3ohm, as far as I know.

Last edited by BadJRT; 06-04-2019 at 04:04 PM.
post #38877 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 3708 Post(s)
Liked: 4477
In terms of output, the E15HP2 sits between the F15HP and F18. We already discontinued the F15HP-SE and only the E15HP/E15HP2 would be offered in Piano Black. We are keeping the F15HP for those who own a F15/F15HP so they can get a matching subwoofer but for those purchasing for the first time or upgrading from the L12, L22 or F12, we do recommend going with the E15HP/E15HP2 instead.
JimWilson, BadJRT and BluesDaddy56 like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Display-less |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #38878 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
In terms of output, the E15HP2 sits between the F15HP and F18. We already discontinued the F15HP-SE and only the E15HP/E15HP2 would be offered in Piano Black. We are keeping the F15HP for those who own a F15/F15HP so they can get a matching subwoofer but for those purchasing for the first time or upgrading from the L12, L22 or F12, we do recommend going with the E15HP/E15HP2 instead.
Thanks for that update, that pretty much removes the F15HP from my list.

Quote:
Any of the ported subs would be under 22 inches tall if you lay them sideways. The FVX15 would be an option in your budget, if you wanted to try your luck with that. The LVX12 is under 22 inches without needing to do that though. Ported will be nice because games and movies, would be the majority of your use and ported sub will likely give you a bit more tactile feel. It also gives you more output and extension for a lower cost, excluding the output really low in a sealed sub from a small sealed room, due to more gradual roll off.
Now it's down to the FVX15 (Assuming it has no impact on it being sideways) and the LVX12. is there a big sacrifice in musicality with the ported models? Also are the extra $300 a justifiable upgrade? According to the website, the FVX15 is +8db vs F12 compared to +4db for the LVX12.
post #38879 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that update, that pretty much removes the F15HP from my list.

Now it's down to the FVX15 (Assuming it has no impact on it being sideways) and the LVX12. is there a big sacrifice in musicality with the ported models? Also are the extra $300 a justifiable upgrade? According to the website, the FVX15 is +8db vs F12 compared to +4db for the LVX12.
Is your room sealed, where you can close the doors at all entryways? If so, the LVX12 might be just fine in that space. If not, then the FVX15 would likely be a better fit. It probably will provide some extra oomph, if you just went with the FVX15 regardless, but it seems like you might be concerned with the size of the sub. Built a box to see how big it is and if you will be okay with it, first.

Many have talked about how even a ported Rythmik sub will sound like a very good sealed sub, in comparison to other brands. I wouldn’t worry about ported sounding not as good as a sealed sub. If you were only using the subwoofer for music and you wanted it to be as small as possible, I could see a reason to go with the sealed sub over the ported. But, with movies and games being your bigger focus and you wanting to keep things at a reasonable cost, a ported sub gives you a lot of bang for the buck, if you are okay with the size of them.
BadJRT likes this.
post #38880 of 39789 Old 06-04-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Is your room sealed, where you can close the doors at all entryways? If so, the LVX12 might be just fine in that space. If not, then the FVX15 would likely be a better fit. It probably will provide some extra oomph, if you just went with the FVX15 regardless, but it seems like you might be concerned with the size of the sub. Built a box to see how big it is and if you will be okay with it, first.

Many have talked about how even a ported Rythmik sub will sound like a very good sealed sub, in comparison to other brands. I wouldn’t worry about ported sounding not as good as a sealed sub. If you were only using the subwoofer for music and you wanted it to be as small as possible, I could see a reason to go with the sealed sub over the ported. But, with movies and games being your bigger focus and you wanting to keep things at a reasonable cost, a ported sub gives you a lot of bang for the buck, if you are okay with the size of them.
Thanks, I will try to build the box once I'm home and try to get the WAF. The room opens to the dining room and I can't seal it in that section. So probably the best option is the 15" one. My wallet is burning cause I want to pull the trigger ASAP.
BadJRT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page