Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1362 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14956Likes

post #40831 of 41548 Old 12-04-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked: 3697
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Check now. It’s working already and it’s on the way
Thanks

It now does work. And the best part, it is schedule to arrive on my first day off out of six.
What a perfect timing

And want to mention, this member @electronjunkie Who bought my dual PB13-Ultra this last Saturday , is a person of great integrity. For having one sub amp DOA, after getting home and a demo at my house. I offer him some money, to help replacing the amp. Since I felt bad about-it, but would not accept any of it. Knowing the risk of buying used, very few people would do that a now day. And thought it was important to mention.

Darth
Alan P, audiofan1, dpc716 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by darthray; 12-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40832 of 41548 Old 12-04-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 2778 Post(s)
Liked: 2634
^^ How exciting I know you have been waiting a long while for these and I can assure you it worths the wait. You cannot do better for their price point, you really can’t. Please don’t forget to post your impressions once you get them dialed in.
darthray likes this.
post #40833 of 41548 Old 12-04-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Quoted: 3158 Post(s)
Liked: 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Thanks

It now does work. And the best part, it is schedule to arrive on my first day off out of six.
What a perfect timing

Darth
Hey my friend. Congrats! That day has arrived....the bass will be quite different than what you have been used to. Give it some time to get used to. Also remember to let the subs warm up to room temperature before turning on so that there is no condensation on the amp and cause a short...so patience in both cases...
darthray likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40834 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 12:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3804 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
if buy used, just use paypal and buyer gets a 30day warranty if I remember right. paypal reimbursed me 4 grand last yr for purchase that went south. I swear by paypal....sellers be wary.
darthray likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #40835 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
sellers be wary.
sellers basically have no protection when using paypal, it's really gross. buyers can essentially file false claims to get their money back and keep the sellers item(s). thank god for alternative digital payment methods today.
post #40836 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Thanks

What a perfect timing

And want to mention, this member @electronjunkie Who bought my dual PB13-Ultra this last Saturday , is a person of great integrity. For having one sub amp DOA, after getting home and a demo at my house. I offer him some money, to help replacing the amp. Since I felt bad about-it, but would not accept any of it. Knowing the risk of buying used, very few people would do that a now day. And thought it was important to mention.

Darth

Have him remove the amp and check all of the connections... I had a similar situation happen to me several years ago when I sold my Paradigm Servo on eBay. It was working perfectly when I shipped it out, but when the buyer received it, he claimed it didn't work. At first I thought I was getting scammed, but he kept working with me and I suggested removing the amp plate for inspection. When he finally removed it, he noticed a loose wire. He corrected the issues and the sub worked. So it's possible that the trip to his place may have jarred something loose. It's worth a check at least prior to spending any money. My 2 cents...
darthray and mik2h like this.
post #40837 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
sellers basically have no protection when using paypal, it's really gross. buyers can essentially file false claims to get their money back and keep the sellers item(s). thank god for alternative digital payment methods today.
That's not entirely true. Paypal requires that proof is provided that the items are returned before refunding to the buyer. I went thru the process myself just a couple years ago as a buyer after purchasing some expensive speakers that were not close to "as advertised". I am thankful for their buyer protection policy.

Sean
post #40838 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
That's not entirely true. Paypal requires that proof is provided that the items are returned before refunding to the buyer. I went thru the process myself just a couple years ago as a buyer after purchasing some expensive speakers that were not close to "as advertised". I am thankful for their buyer protection policy.
i know way more people that have been burned using paypal that were selling items than those that were buying. there's just more protection for the buyer than the seller, and that's too bad because both parties should have equal protection from scammers.
post #40839 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 233
^
I think you hit on it... more often than not, the scammers are the sellers. It is difficult for a buyer to create a profitable scam off a purchase. In my case, I still ended up being out about $500 in return shipping cost.

Sean
post #40840 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Hey my friend. Congrats! That day has arrived....the bass will be quite different than what you have been used to. Give it some time to get used to. Also remember to let the subs warm up to room temperature before turning on so that there is no condensation on the amp and cause a short...so patience in both cases...
Thanks Ray

I sure will give some time, for getting use to a much different bass sound. And honestly, I don't think it will take long

I also remember a previous member, mentioning to let the sub/s sit overnight for the same reason. But, it is always good to get a reminder. And been very busy at work, those few next day will go by very fast.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 12-05-2019 at 07:23 PM.
post #40841 of 41548 Old 12-05-2019, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
Have him remove the amp and check all of the connections... I had a similar situation happen to me several years ago when I sold my Paradigm Servo on eBay. It was working perfectly when I shipped it out, but when the buyer received it, he claimed it didn't work. At first I thought I was getting scammed, but he kept working with me and I suggested removing the amp plate for inspection. When he finally removed it, he noticed a loose wire. He corrected the issues and the sub worked. So it's possible that the trip to his place may have jarred something loose. It's worth a check at least prior to spending any money. My 2 cents...
Thanks for this very good info, and will forward this through this response.

Hi mark @electronjunkie, I mention you for the above information. Since you already got a replacement amp on the way, it might give a spare one to use in the future.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 12-05-2019 at 07:34 PM.
post #40842 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Rythmik Sub Question

Hello AV forum peeps!

My first post in many years. I am mostly a lurker, so please be kind. I am in the process of upgrading my subs for my HT, and have landed on the Rythmik brand. I have read all the literature and tried to educate myself on what SPL / Db / Excursion / THD actually mean. However, my understanding is very basic at best. I THINK* I have my choice narrowed down to a pair of either, FVX12’s,or the FVX15’s.

My question is, is there anywhere to get information on the difference in SPL level between these 2 subs? I am not really sure if this is the right way to go about making the decision, but I have no idea how to compare them otherwise? What specific objective difference is there between these 2 subs?

The space the subs will go in is approximately 2600^3, and is oddly laid out. Based on just Cuft, I would think the FVX12’s would do the trick? However, there is an open door at a hallway that leads to the rest of the house, so no way to seal it off. I am not sure how that affects the space I am trying to fill? Does that mean I need the bigger FVX15’s to compensate for the opened up space? I sketched out a rough layout of the room. Spots numbered 1 and 3 are where my current ELAC 3010’s sit.

Thanks for reading my long winded neurotic questions. I had no idea buying a sub was going to be this technical or difficult. Boy was I wrong!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2650226  

Last edited by Jesuscookies; 12-06-2019 at 09:51 AM.
post #40843 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 27580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuscookies View Post
Hello AV forum peeps!

My first post in many years. I am mostly a lurker, so please be kind. I am in the process of upgrading my subs for my HT, and have landed on the Rythmik brand. I have read all the literature and tried to educate myself on what SPL / Db / Excursion / THD actually mean. However, my understanding is very basic at best. I THINK* I have my choice narrowed down to a pair of either, FVX12’s,or the FVX15’s.

My question is, is there anywhere to get information on the difference in SPL level between these 2 subs? I am not really sure if this is the right way to go about making the decision, but I have no idea how to compare them otherwise? What specific objective difference is there between these 2 subs?

The space the subs will go in is approximately 2600^3, and is oddly laid out. Based on just Cuft, I would think the FVX12’s would do the trick? However, there is an open door at a hallway that leads to the rest of the house, so no way to seal it off. I am not sure how that affects the space I am trying to fill? Does that mean I need the bigger FVX15’s to compensate for the opened up space? I sketched out a rough layout of the room. Spots numbered 1 and 3 are where my current ELAC 3010’s sit.

Thanks for reading my long winded neurotic questions. I had no idea buying a sub was going to be this technical or difficult. Boy was I wrong!

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products1.html

At 20 Hz, our subs vary in their maximum output capability. The output at 20 Hz is shown relative to F12.
  • F12: 0db (baseline)
  • F8/FM8: -1.5db
  • L12: -1db
  • F12-300: -0.5db
  • LV12F: +2.5db
  • L22: + 4db
  • LVX12/FVX12: +4db
  • E15HP: + 5db
  • F15HP: +5.5db
  • F18: +7.5db
  • FVX15: +8db
  • F25: +9db
  • FV15HP: +11db
  • G25HP: +12db
  • FV18: +14db
  • FV25HP: +17db
darthray and mik2h like this.
post #40844 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 8
My wife and I are purchasing our first nice sound system and I have been having a hard time picking between subs but I am starting to lean towards Rythmik and wanted some advice on their different options and what you think would be best for my wife and I.

The living room these will be going in is large and has two story vaulted ceilings. We watch TV/Movies in the room but my wife and I both prioritize the musical side and would rather have a sub that seamlessly fills out the lower end of our Zu Audio Omen DW MKII tower speakers then a sub that shakes the paintings on the walls. I guess I would rather have strong mid range base then super low. We don't tend to listen to anything particularly loud and have neighbors pretty close though they don't share a wall.

From the readying I have done, it sounds like Rythmik subs are good options for people that have mixed HT/Music use but prioritize music. Their servo tech seems like a great idea to me.

I have been leaning in the direction of getting two subs, but I the locations available for one of the subs keeps be from going 15" Honestly, even 2 ported 12" is pushing the WAF. Below are the options I am split between. Please recommend what you would do with some info of why you would chose what you did.

Pair of FVX12. They are over budget but seems like a great sub. Rythmik list the sub as best for HT use. I had thought due to my large room that ported was better, though I am looking for more sound clarity then feel. Maybe I should be going ported or save $200 with the regular driver instead of the aluminum driver.

Pair of F12-300. They are sealed and I am not sure if 2 is enough for my large room. Sounds like they are best for music but should I just bite the bullet and move up a pair of F12s. Pretty big price jump.

Pair of F12. Originally I had a $1K budget for subs which I have worked my way up from. These would almost double my original budget. Also SVS SB-3000s are about the same price but with double the watts and DSP. Maybe they would be a better option for my large room then the F12 for about the same price.

One FVX15HP. I can only fit and afford 1. Everything I read raves that two subs are much better then one.
post #40845 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Hoping I'll have shipping confirmation later today for my dual FV18's. 😃
darthray, bear123 and drh3b like this.
post #40846 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Excuse my ignorance here, but how do I know what the baseline SPL of the F12 is supposed to be?

Do ratings at other HZ matter? I see other sites list out the CEA ratings across the spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post

At 20 Hz, our subs vary in their maximum output capability. The output at 20 Hz is shown relative to F12.
  • F12: 0db (baseline)
  • F8/FM8: -1.5db
  • L12: -1db
  • F12-300: -0.5db
  • LV12F: +2.5db
  • L22: + 4db
  • LVX12/FVX12: +4db
  • E15HP: + 5db
  • F15HP: +5.5db
  • F18: +7.5db
  • FVX15: +8db
  • F25: +9db
  • FV15HP: +11db
  • G25HP: +12db
  • FV18: +14db
  • FV25HP: +17db
post #40847 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1931
Quote:
Hello AV forum peeps!

First of all, welcome to Rythmik. Second, Garamond is not a great font choice for computer screen reading!

As for output, ask and you shall receive. First, note that the prices for the FVX12 and FVX15 when added to cart are lower than what is advertised on Rythmik's main page. I think if they are going to have a sale, they might want to let people know about it. So, the FVX12 and FVX15 are on sale!

Model Cost SPL at 20Hz Perf. per $
FVX12 $859 100.1 2.04
FVX15 $1069 104.1 2.26

Performance Per Dollar is a product of 20 Hz output and price and is my own calculation based on Rythmik and data-bass data.
darthray and Jesuscookies like this.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
post #40848 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuilder View Post
My wife and I are purchasing our first nice sound system and I have been having a hard time picking between subs but I am starting to lean towards Rythmik and wanted some advice on their different options and what you think would be best for my wife and I.

The living room these will be going in is large and has two story vaulted ceilings. We watch TV/Movies in the room but my wife and I both prioritize the musical side and would rather have a sub that seamlessly fills out the lower end of our Zu Audio Omen DW MKII tower speakers then a sub that shakes the paintings on the walls. I guess I would rather have strong mid range base then super low. We don't tend to listen to anything particularly loud and have neighbors pretty close though they don't share a wall.

From the readying I have done, it sounds like Rythmik subs are good options for people that have mixed HT/Music use but prioritize music. Their servo tech seems like a great idea to me.

I have been leaning in the direction of getting two subs, but I the locations available for one of the subs keeps be from going 15" Honestly, even 2 ported 12" is pushing the WAF. Below are the options I am split between. Please recommend what you would do with some info of why you would chose what you did.
Can you describe how far you plan to sit from the subs, and how large the room is in terms of LxWxH or cubic feet?

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
post #40849 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Can you describe how far you plan to sit from the subs, and how large the room is in terms of LxWxH or cubic feet?
We sit about 11 ft. from the screen which is about a 18in forward from the wall on a stand.

The room is 30ft L x 15ft W x 14ft sloping to 18ft H for half the room. The room is also open to a kitchen off the back of one side, an entryway parallel to the couch, and a loft above. Hardwood floors and popcorn ceiling on the upper level.
post #40850 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 PM

First off, thanks! Second, sorry on the font, I hit the button up top, and couldn't figure out what the original font was.

I also saw the sale, part of the reason, I decided it may be worth splurging on the FVX15's. Just having a hard time understanding what I am actually getting for the money. That is my ignorance though. I wish there site listed out a few more details.

Essentially, I have 30% more loudness / headroom with the FVX15? Sound signature should not be that different between the 2, or am I way off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
First of all, welcome to Rythmik. Second, Garamond is not a great font choice for computer screen reading!

As for output, ask and you shall receive. First, note that the prices for the FVX12 and FVX15 when added to cart are lower than what is advertised on Rythmik's main page. I think if they are going to have a sale, they might want to let people know about it. So, the FVX12 and FVX15 are on sale!

Model Cost SPL at 20Hz Perf. per $

FVX12
FVX15
Performance Per Dollar is a product of 20 Hz output and price and is my own calculation based on Rythmik and data-bass data.
post #40851 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We sit about 11 ft. from the screen which is about a 18in forward from the wall on a stand.

The room is 30ft L x 15ft W x 14ft sloping to 18ft H for half the room. The room is also open to a kitchen off the back of one side, an entryway parallel to the couch, and a loft above. Hardwood floors and popcorn ceiling on the upper level.
No late night movies while the other tries to sleep, that's for sure. Sounds like a nice room though.

My guess is that because of all the leakage, you should have fewer issues with room modes causing swings in bass level by frequency. Therefore one strong sub might work better here than in a smaller room. Anyone else agree?

Also, when using dual subs, it becomes even more important to get a MiniDSP UMIK-1 and learn how to measure to optimize everything. Of course it's helpful to have one with a single sub, too. But if you are not one who will measure to tweak your system to the fullest, a single, powerful sub will be a little easier to configure. If you use Audyssey XT32 with SubEQ, it does much of the work for you, but finding the ideal placement first is still crucial, and it helps to be able to measure in order to achieve that. Hope this helps.
Alan P and darthray like this.

Last edited by Soulburner; 12-06-2019 at 01:32 PM.
post #40852 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2160 Post(s)
Liked: 4477
Quote:
First off, thanks! Second, sorry on the font, I hit the button up top, and couldn't figure out what the original font was.

I also saw the sale, part of the reason, I decided it may be worth splurging on the FVX15's. Just having a hard time understanding what I am actually getting for the money. That is my ignorance though. I wish there site listed out a few more details.

Essentially, I have 30% more loudness / headroom with the FVX15? Sound signature should not be that different between the 2, or am I way off?
My understanding is the sound signature is pretty much the same across the lineup, that's done on purpose. The bigger you go, the higher max SPL and probably more low end "weight".
I believe the FVX15 is basically an FV15hp with a little less output, which is good lineage, as that was their flagship subwoofer a few years ago.
darthray, Jesuscookies and mik2h like this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 12-06-2019 at 02:58 PM.
post #40853 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Pair of FVX12. They are over budget but seems like a great sub. Rythmik list the sub as best for HT use. I had thought due to my large room that ported was better, though I am looking for more sound clarity then feel. Maybe I should be going ported or save $200 with the regular driver instead of the aluminum driver.

Pair of F12-300. They are sealed and I am not sure if 2 is enough for my large room. Sounds like they are best for music but should I just bite the bullet and move up a pair of F12s. Pretty big price jump.

Pair of F12. Originally I had a $1K budget for subs which I have worked my way up from. These would almost double my original budget. Also SVS SB-3000s are about the same price but with double the watts and DSP. Maybe they would be a better option for my large room then the F12 for about the same price.

One FVX15HP. I can only fit and afford 1. Everything I read raves that two subs are much better then one.

Hello, ABuilder.

My answer is coming from the 'audio first/HT secondary' mindset, so take that into consideration.

I named our TV/family room "acoustic Hell" because it's a nightmare trying to get good sound in it. The room itself is approximately 15' x 18" with an 18' high sloping cathedral ceiling on one half and an open hallway above (on one side). The 15' x 18' is misleading because the entire right-hand side is open to the kitchen/breakfast nook area. I once calculated the Cu ft, but I no longer recall. Bass gets sucked out faster than you can blink your eyes. You might be tempted to ask me why I don't watch TV in another room. My answer would be, "You married?"

Anyway,

I've tried several different configurations in this room, and finally settled on a 2.1 audio system. [The speakers are Jeff Bagby designed two-way monitors using SB Acoustics Satori drivers. They're excellent sounding two-ways. The Sub is a Rythmik F12G sealed sub.] This set up is partly because HT just hasn't worked well in this room, and partially because of my wife's needs/requirements. My wife likes to listen to the 2 channel for background music. She likes Enya, romantic ballads, Eva Cassidy, etc. Voluminous bass isn't necessary. I flip the F12G on for videos.

Many of the readers will quickly determine that my F12G is inadequate for the space, and I agree with them. We sit about 8' from the TV, so we get just barely enough bass to fill out the bottom frequencies. The sub is just to the right of the TV, which works best in this room. This room would very much benefit from either a second F12G (or a third!), or a 15" or 18" ported sub. However, I would need permission from my wife. [What can I say? I love her. She's more important than the sound, and she allows me to have really nice two-channel gear in the living room.]

The above background is to give you an idea of what you may encounter if you purchased a single sealed 12" Rythmik sub for your room. Of course, YMMV since everyone's room and audio system is different. My long drawn out suggestion is to consider either a 15" sealed sub (Rythmik is my first choice) for music first, or a ported 15" minimum for double duty. I love my F12G for music, and often recommend it, but it's probably not appropriate for your room.

I think I've managed to convey my thoughts, but ask questions if I wasn't clear. I'm not sub expert, so I defer to anyone who really knows what they're talking about.

Enjoy your journey!

Michael
mik2h likes this.

Main two channel audio system:
Speakers: Daedalus Audio Apollos, Jeff Bagby Adelphos; Amplifier: Don Sachs Kootenay 120 KT88 tube amp, Preamp: Don Sachs Model 2 6SN7 tube
DAC: SW1X DAC III NOS tube DAC (TDA1541); dB Audio Labs Tranquility SE NOS DAC (TDA1543), Source: Oppo 103; Mac Mini
post #40854 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambine View Post
I would be glad to have a fellow AVSer over for a listen. I'm in North Fort Worth if anyone ever wants a demo.

I just took delivery of my dual PSA S3012s this afternoon! Can't wait to see how they pair with my FV18s.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I'm very anxious to hear about your opinions and findings.
post #40855 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got my shipping confirmation. 😎 The best subs I've had so far was dual PC-4000's. These dual FV18 paper cones should be a good bit more powerful than those right?
post #40856 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
Got my shipping confirmation. The best subs I've had so far was dual PC-4000's. These dual FV18 paper cones should be a good bit more powerful than those right?

They will be different and will have a lot more ULF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drh3b likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #40857 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Does anyone know how much a replacement driver and amp for the fv15hp is? Thought I would ask here before I call Rythmik. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
post #40858 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
They will be different and will have a lot more ULF.

Awesome, what configuration do you run yours at? I was thinking of running them for lowest extension since with my room I probably won't need max output. I want to try them with 2 ports open, 12hz, and low dampening. Should I turn the rumble filter on or leave it off?
post #40859 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
Awesome, what configuration do you run yours at? I was thinking of running them for lowest extension since with my room I probably won't need max output. I want to try them with 2 ports open, 12hz, and low dampening. Should I turn the rumble filter on or leave it off?

The sweet spot for me seems to be two ports open, 14hz and high damping. I also have the PEQ on and rumble filter off. The real difference was when I was able to use the mindsp and tweak my FR. It added a lot of punch and energy to the subs. You should get a mindsp HD if you don’t have one for that purpose and BEQ.

I would turn the rumble filter on if running EoT intro at reference. Always leave the limiter on.

Last edited by imureh; 12-06-2019 at 05:00 PM.
post #40860 of 41548 Old 12-06-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2160 Post(s)
Liked: 4477
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1129 View Post
Does anyone know how much a replacement driver and amp for the fv15hp is? Thought I would ask here before I call Rythmik. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
looks like about $800.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/DS1500ci.html
tuner1129 likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page